Choosing an ecommerce solution

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by Faevilangel, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Paul Norman

Paul Norman UKBF Ace Free Member

2,970 935
    This thread is of actual history value it is so old.

Posted: Dec 30, 2020 By: Paul Norman Member since: Apr 8, 2010
  2. InternetMarketingPlatinum

InternetMarketingPlatinum UKBF Ace Full Member

1,589 211
    Woocommerce all the way, due to an extensive library of plugins, customisation options, ability to move to whichever server you need to.

Posted: Dec 30, 2020 By: InternetMarketingPlatinum Member since: Jul 21, 2009
  3. North_Wind

North_Wind UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    Hmm - we just migrated off Magento as we had to upgrade to v2 (which essentially required a full recode) so we undertook a full review of our £3.5m pA turnover online operation. We decided against upgrading to Magento v2 for three main reasons: (1) it seems prone to being hacked and having malware inserted; (2) customising seemed to be harder/more expensive than on competitor platforms; and (3) it was recently sold to Adobe who are not shy about being very aggressive on price increases/licence fee increases. After doing a full review we rewrote the site to sit on BigCommerce. We are very happy with the results.

Posted: Jan 8, 2021 By: North_Wind Member since: Oct 18, 2020
  4. theroo

theroo UKBF Newcomer Free Member

19 6
    Just my two thoughts, I think woocommerce is a good solution for people who know what they're doing from a website perspective. But I think shopify is appealing and works better for those that just want the shop done.

I have a woocommerce store and currently have about 6,000 products on it. It works great, loads fine. I have found that the problem with woocommerce sometimes stems with the host (was on Hostgator and it was terrible).

Agree with previous posters about plugins clogging up the system. It's true, just because its free doesnt meant it's good! Be smart about it.

Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 6:02 PM By: theroo Member since: Apr 10, 2018