Chinese eBay sellers with UK based stock

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by Beachbum, Jul 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 14Steve14

14Steve14 UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

717 114
    How about stopping all the bickering over the last few pages and get this thread back on to the subject. If you want to bicker fight and accuse each other, start a new thread please and stop spoiling what was a good thread.

Posted: Feb 22, 2015 By: 14Steve14 Member since: May 18, 2010
  2. brc

brc UKBF Regular Free Member

105 12
    I think its still a very good thread, and although the bickering isnt that desirable it has bought out alot of information that will be very useful to others, for my part I am very sorry, its just I hate it when people who have not the foggiest about China try to lecture on here like they are some expert, drives me around the bend.

Posted: Feb 22, 2015 By: brc Member since: Dec 31, 2014
  3. MY OFFICE IN CHINA

MY OFFICE IN CHINA UKBF Big Shot Full Member

4,350 875
    Agree with BOTH the above posts.

Whilst everybody has their own interests at heart, it's impossible to change legislation with a thread.

It's a global selling platform and any new legislation has to cover global selling.

Global online selling is a 2 way street for everybody, UK, China, India, etc etc.

Every seller has their own legislation to contend with, some do it better than others, some are ignorant to international legislation, some circumvent and some, I dare say, cheat.

It happens in all businesses and in all countries.

No business is immune.

It's business and you will never change it, however it affects your personal business.

Posted: Feb 23, 2015 By: MY OFFICE IN CHINA Member since: Nov 16, 2011
  4. dooyoo

dooyoo UKBF Contributor Free Member

68 3
    Posted: Mar 28, 2015 By: dooyoo Member since: Jul 6, 2013
  5. beasty

beasty , Full Member - Verified Business

2,105 521

What are you talking about?
    They are not due UK tax beyond import duty and vat at the port.
    What tax do you want them to pay? They are exporting!

Trying to compete with the Chinese on low value products, esp electronics is a pointless exercise, this market is pretty much theirs, do something higher value, niche, more quality orientated, a service etc..

Do not envy anyone that aims to compete with a Chinese Factory on Ebay, not fun

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    Posted: Mar 28, 2015 By: beasty Member since: Feb 4, 2013
  6. dooyoo

68 3
    What about 80k threshold?
    How are they exporting if the stock is in UK and sales are made in UK?
    Or
    Please explain what do you believe how they can legaly not pay vat?

Posted: Mar 28, 2015 By: dooyoo Member since: Jul 6, 2013
  7. Pish_Pash

Pish_Pash UKBF Ace Free Member

2,413 621
    I don't think you understand how VAT works. The link you gave is for a seller based in China. He posts the goods from china, when the goods arrive in the UK, the receipient must pay any VAT or import duty...not the seller based i China.

it's no different than if I sell something to someone in the USA...I post it out to the customer ...end of story. I don't pay VAT in the USA just because someone in the USA bought one of my products here in the UK!

This whole point of this thread is for different scenario....i.e. where Chinese sellers send their stock to a UK warehouse ....& then send out to customers from that UK warehouse...then they are meant to pay VAT.

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 By: Pish_Pash Member since: Feb 1, 2013
  8. dooyoo

68 3
    Goods are located in UK.
    They ship a container load here and then sell them off, I have bought some from them and they came in 3 days from local UK courier.

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 By: dooyoo Member since: Jul 6, 2013
  9. e-vulture

e-vulture UKBF Regular Free Member

141 17
    Exactly, there's a lot of misunderstanding on this thread. The sellers ship from the UK, using UK employees, working in UK warehouses, and UK based couriers. The only chinese part of the transaction is where the seller lives, everything else is based in the UK. Chinese sellers who actually ship from china are slowly becoming a thing of the past.

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 By: e-vulture Member since: Feb 14, 2013
  10. MY OFFICE IN CHINA

4,350 875
    Let's see if HMRC are prepared to clean up all false accounting.

Where do they start?

It's their domain.

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 By: MY OFFICE IN CHINA Member since: Nov 16, 2011
  11. beasty

2,105 521
    They probably just use a high volume fulfilment service

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 By: beasty Member since: Feb 4, 2013
  12. Page

Page UKBF Big Shot Free Member

3,561 266
    You can report them - start with VAT it is faster and not open to interpretation

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 By: Page Member since: Jul 28, 2007
  13. dooyoo

68 3
    Where can I report them?
    Will it work in reality?

14. Pish_Pash

2,413 621
    Posted: Mar 29, 2015 By: Pish_Pash Member since: Feb 1, 2013
  15. dooyoo

68 3
    People we need to have some kind of group that would take things into "our" hands. and really do something about it.

16. beasty

2,105 521
    If the trailers for the Fast and the Furious are not misleading me I believe that most disputes can be solved with some kind of car race

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 By: beasty Member since: Feb 4, 2013
  17. Karimbo

Karimbo UKBF Ace Free Member

1,704 174
    HMRC are utterly powerless with this. We as UK citizens are all on central databases with all our financials linked together.

Chinese businesses have access to endless supply of "villagers" who can barely read or write who are willing to front for them. So HMRC/ebay can play whack a mole and close down/ban a seller and a new one will emerge straight away.

I suspect the Chinese government or the people care little about UK rules. They still study the opium wars in their history books just like our kids learn about the romans and the tudors.

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 By: Karimbo Member since: Nov 5, 2011
  18. MY OFFICE IN CHINA

4,350 875
    I am from the UK.

Born within the sound of Bow Bells.

I am fully aware of what goes on in the UK.

This is not what Chinese people, or the Chinese government think about UK rules.

It's about what the UK government and specifically HMRC are prepared to do about this and other problems affecting dishonesty in VAT, Import Duty as well as false accounting.

BTW, not sure about opium wars, but I can tell you that the young generation in China are streets ahead of their counterparts in the UK with regards to business accuman and online selling.

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 By: MY OFFICE IN CHINA Member since: Nov 16, 2011
  19. dooyoo

68 3
    I guess I will just have to sneak in their warehouse at night with my 18v reciprocating saw and an axe and do some damage to their stock. I think I should be able to make some damage with a ratio of £500/minute.

In TV show "better call Sal" one of "bad" guys said: "I like to steal from thieves and criminals, because they do not like to go to police and complain about it".

But in reality what if a group of "vigilante's" just go and disrupt their business in their UK warehouse, by blocking delivery/courier trucks accessing their warehouse in "legal/un harmful" way.

There must be something that can be done to stop destroying our great country!!!

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 By: dooyoo Member since: Jul 6, 2013
  20. Pish_Pash

2,413 621
    it's already destroyed.

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 By: Pish_Pash Member since: Feb 1, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.