Charge on plastic carrier bags in Wales

Discussion in 'Time Out' started by Rhyl Lightworks, Mar 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhyl Lightworks

Rhyl Lightworks UKBF Ace Free Member

2,536 425
    I must say that since this charge was introduced, I have noticed the no. of bags causing litter has considerably reduced.

Barrie

Posted: Mar 18, 2012 By: Rhyl Lightworks Member since: Aug 16, 2006
  2. mobyme

mobyme UKBF Ace Free Member

2,559 759
    So have I, especially the carrier bag trees which have disappeared completely.

Posted: Mar 18, 2012 By: mobyme Member since: Jan 12, 2004
  3. Consistency

Consistency Banned

8,214 1,545
    Would be a good idea to start paying people for recycling plastic bottles in the way that they used to. These are an absolute nuisance and very ugly.

Posted: Mar 18, 2012 By: Consistency Member since: May 21, 2010
  4. owas

owas UKBF Ace Free Member

1,404 255
    I would like to see a ban on companies giving away free disposable nappies. So far we have received over 50 (3 packs) and the babies not even born yet. Not to mention vouchers, and money off. Theres something about not being allowed to give away powder milk, as it gives the impression this is the better choice, and theres no other options, and think the same should apply to nappies.
    I think there should be a heavy waste tax on disposables considering the cost for the council getting rid if them.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
    Posted: Mar 18, 2012 By: owas Member since: Jan 3, 2010
  5. Consistency

Consistency Banned

8,214 1,545
    Disposable sanitary towels can be a menace as well. Clearing up a site after a gypsy invasion is a perfect example.

Posted: Mar 18, 2012 By: Consistency Member since: May 21, 2010
  6. I Love Spreadsheets

I Love Spreadsheets UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,351 364
    Cant say it has made the slightest difference to the way I shop at all. 5p is 5p and doesnt make any real difference to my shopping bill. Mind you I'm not the sort of person who drops shopping bags in the street.

My Mrs must have the worlds biggest collection of "bags for life" now. She always buys them at the checkout when she forgets to bring carrier bags with her and she always forgets to bring carrier bags.

The odd effect it has at the checkout is that a lot of people avoid the automated tills now. You go to an automated till and press the button that you want a carrier bag you have to wait for someone to bring you one. I have often seen people wait at staffed tills to be served and ignore the empty automated machines

Posted: Mar 19, 2012 By: I Love Spreadsheets Member since: Jun 19, 2010
  7. captaincloser

captaincloser Banned

2,770 1,130
    I strongly resent M&S charging for bags and avoid ahopping there if I dont have one. Nothing to do with the cost...Just the barefaced cheek of it. Ask anyone on any check out till if there is much waste in their supermarket and watch their eyes roll.

Charging for bags for groceries is very very similar to hypocritical preaching.:rolleyes:

Posted: Mar 19, 2012 By: captaincloser Member since: Mar 20, 2010
  8. Consistency

Consistency Banned

8,214 1,545
    And yet buy clothing from Marks and spencer and they give you a bag. It is only groceries where they charge.

I brought some stuffed mushrooms form there. I love them and make them at home. Theirs were as dry as a bone and vile. Their quality is over rated.

Posted: Mar 19, 2012 By: Consistency Member since: May 21, 2010
  9. captaincloser

captaincloser Banned

2,770 1,130
    M&S used to be the best in the High Street for packaged meals, truly delightful stuff. Now they have slipped down the pole of disgustung food to the cesspit of their rivals

They still have some good stuff at top of the range prices but they have also moved in big time to the cardboard mess box.

Also notice around their food tills they are selling very badly packaged gunge of the teeth rotting variety by the shovel-full.

Posted: Mar 19, 2012 By: captaincloser Member since: Mar 20, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.