Ceased Trading - Not stuck off, file accounts/dormant accounts or do nothing?

Discussion in 'Insolvency' started by dennyc123, Feb 25, 2018.

  1. dennyc123

    dennyc123 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

    15 0
    My company ceased trading last year and I am currently on the spongebob plan waiting to strike off the company.

    However I just got a letter from companies house saying its time to file my accounts for the year, ehat should I do here?

    I traded for about a month of the tax year so I am guessing dormant accounts wont be allowed, so shold I just pay an accountant to do a quickie end of year accounts and get them filed?

    I dont want to apply for an official strike off for another six months yet you see so I am unsure of what to do.
    Posted: Feb 25, 2018 By: dennyc123 Member since: Jul 19, 2017
  2. Scalloway

    Scalloway UKBF Legend Free Member

    14,043 2,993
    If you are not filing for strike off for several months then you should file your accounts. Companies House may come after you personally if they are not filed.
    Posted: Feb 25, 2018 By: Scalloway Member since: Jun 6, 2010
  3. Mr D

    Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

    10,578 1,109
    Any reason why using the spongebob for so long?
    I would have thought using it for 6 months from ceasing trading would be more common.
    Posted: Feb 25, 2018 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017