CBD Online shop marketing options

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by ferenc.nanasi, May 3, 2019.

1. ferenc.nanasi

ferenc.nanasi UKBF Newcomer Free Member

7 1
    Hi there. I do have a small problem with running my CBD online shop. The problem is about marketing. Since Facebook, Instagram, twitter and google do not help us who we are in this business it is very hard to find other ways of attracting customers. Now I have more than 2 months and I have reached my limits of marketing.

Can anyone suggest me what should I do? Or is any of you are in this business what have you done to attract customers? Any suggestions, ideas and opinions are most then welcomed.

Thank you very in advance

Posted: May 3, 2019 By: ferenc.nanasi Member since: Mar 22, 2019
  2. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

15,598 1,719
    what do your competitors do to advertise themselves.

Posted: May 3, 2019 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  3. ferenc.nanasi

7 1
    I do not know. Advertising is not allowed on the social platforms and also google. Maybe they have more friends and relatives who are spreading their shop. Some of them now have physical shops. That is also my strategy, if the online shop is going to work and demands are high to open a physical shop in my town. But that is a lot of funds at the moment that I do not have.

4. Scott2019

Scott2019 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

10 1
    Yes absolutely. A good way to do this is to draw the customer to your website by offering something that is free - what about an Ebook on the benefits of CBD for those with stress/fibromyalgia. You can advertise this on social media/in forums/on Youtube and tell the customer to go to your site. When they go to the landing page they get the Ebook in exchange for their email address. They can both look at products while they are there and you can also remarket to them through e-mail. When you remarket though be sure to give plenty of value - maybe send information that is helpful to the as well as product ads and then they will feel like you are looking after their best interests, which I'm sure you

Posted: May 3, 2019 By: Scott2019 Member since: May 3, 2019
  5. ferenc.nanasi

7 1
    Hi Scott. Thank you for your thoughts. I do like what you are saying. The only big big issue in UK with CBD related supplements is, that if we are going to claim to any of our customers that CBD has medical purposes we are facing jail. CBD is a food supplement and we do not advertise it with medical benefits. In UK and in most of EU countries as well same rule and law.

We do not want to mislead anybody with claims that are dangerous.

Everybody know why CBD is sold and everybody know why CBD is bought.

Still it is something that i have to adapt or somehow take something from your ideas. Thank you.

6. Scott2019

Scott2019 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

10 1
    Hi, yes I absolutely agree, honesty is everything and without it you can't have a good relationship with a customer. I would perhaps do some sort of book or program on what people are saying (quote your sources) and give both sides of the argument. I've found that people are appreciative when you acknowledge there are different viewpoints and then they can decide themselves. It's really just trying to let them know where you are and that you offer something different from your competitors. Most people will spend hours researching products, if you can give them the information in a logical, condensed format then that will be attractive to a lot of people. Whatever you decide to do best of luck with it!

Posted: May 3, 2019 By: Scott2019 Member since: May 3, 2019
  7. Nochexman

Nochexman UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

1,853 286
    Is there any reason for promoting your business via social media? Have you thought about Google? I did a search for CBD in Bristol and you weren't on page one.

Posted: May 3, 2019 By: Nochexman Member since: Jun 14, 2011
  8. ferenc.nanasi

7 1
    Hi Nochexman. Facebook and google doesn’t allowed CBD related goods to be advertised through their platforms. To be on the first page I need time to pass for google to index all my pages and posts, and also some luck :) Meantime i do not have any ideas at the moment how and what to do, from marketing point of view. Thanks

9. TotalWebSolutions

TotalWebSolutions UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

2,560 610
    Are there any CBD related forums, groups, magazines, newsletters etc you could advertise via?

Posted: May 3, 2019 By: TotalWebSolutions Member since: Sep 29, 2009
  10. ferenc.nanasi

7 1
    Hi. There are a few. Even if CBD is legal in UK, to advertise it in magazines, newspapers and others it is not allowed. I have contacted few of the important magazine, some of them ring me back and others not even that. And the ones that ring me said that they need to do some homework and are going to call me back. How can you imagine still waiting the call... :) It is not easy to digest all this.

11. TotalWebSolutions

TotalWebSolutions UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

2,560 610
    Could you start a blog on the subject of CBD use in general with links to studies etc that sits on your website.

Posted: May 3, 2019 By: TotalWebSolutions Member since: Sep 29, 2009
  12. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

30,591 8,983
    So the simple answer is to make sure your website is top of the results on a Google search for your products. Holland and Barrett seem to do ok for this.

Posted: May 3, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  13. Mr D

15,598 1,719
    so if he gets to top of results will h and b try and knock him off it in order to regain top spot.

14. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

30,591 8,983
    Indeed. So maybe they need to start selling something that is easier to market.

Posted: May 3, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  15. dan19900

dan19900 UKBF Regular Free Member

238 43
    Just sell on ebay?

Posted: May 3, 2019 By: dan19900 Member since: Mar 2, 2018
  16. Mr D

15,598 1,719
    plenty of others do

17. ferenc.nanasi

7 1
    I have tried even that. Ebay would not allow me to post the products. If you go on ebay you can find cbd products, I do not know how they did it but it is not going to work for long term. After ebay find the product is going to ban them forever. This is what I have find about CBD product on ebay.

18. ferenc.nanasi

7 1
    I have tried even this 2 weeks ago and did not bring a positive result. Also with this the money invested did not came back.

19. alan1302

alan1302 UKBF Regular Free Member

476 91
    Nothing will happen in 2 weeks - getting a blog noticed can take months/years.

Posted: May 3, 2019 By: alan1302 Member since: Jun 2, 2018
  20. Mr D

15,598 1,719
    indeed - and writing a blog that enhances a business without a ton of advertising within the blog takes a bit of doing.
    does not even need to be on the subject of the business though good if its of interest to the customers of that type of business or interesting in general.