Carbon neutral Private Hire business in Edinburgh

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by stk1uk, Oct 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stk1uk

stk1uk UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Hi

Edina cars is Edinburgh’s first carbon neutral Private hire company. Our fleet is made up of saloon cars and people carriers but we offset emissions from all our vehicles and office by planting trees and engaging in energy saving projects worldwide. We use recycled products wherever possible and are committed to a continuous program of waste management in our office and to improve the environmental impact of our fleet. We will offset emissions for all our cash and account customers at no extra cost to you.

Our drivers are tested internally to make sure the have a good general knowledge of Edinburgh and are friendly and of smart appearance . All our drivers are fully licensed by City of Edinburgh council and we have driver profiles on our system including photos of all our drivers.

Our office has a state of the art dispatch system and our vehicles are fitted with latest gps technology making the booking time to pick up time more efficient .Through our online booking facility you can get an instant quotation, make a booking and track the progress of your car on a map.
    We have online and in car credit card facilities if required and you can also pay by card over the phone if you request a fixed fare at the time of booking. We also have a text back home safe feature on our system which allows the customer to receive a text message on their mobile phone with the drivers name, make and colour of vehicle, vehicle Registration number and PHC plate number. This can be requested when you make your booking.
    Account customers can say goodbye to contract slips for ever! Drivers can enter Fare, Waiting time and any other charges on their handheld unit and customers can check the fare then sign the pda through electronic signature capture. We will then check these in the office and generate invoice sheets and email them to you at the click of a button.

All advice and comments welcome. I would like some feedback to see if people think this is a good idea and would consider using this service.

Thanks

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 By: stk1uk Member since: Oct 25, 2008
  2. creospace

creospace UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3,932 188
    Wow - what a forward thinking company.

I thought for a moment I was in some dream and was about to wake up!

Well done - I love the text feature.

Welcome to the forums, hope you stick around and join in. I'm quite sure you have a lot of knowledge you could impart on others about this subject.

Gary

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 By: creospace Member since: Oct 31, 2005
  3. globalart4u

globalart4u UKBF Newcomer Free Member

89 2
    hey great idea will you be starting up in glasgow?

90% of our goods sold on our gift site is made in the UK, not repackaged, and we reuse all our boxes and even the boxes from the local shops which they throw out to send goods out. so it is great to hear that from a car hire company. good luck

Posted: Oct 26, 2008 By: globalart4u Member since: Apr 17, 2005
  4. i234i

i234i UKBF Ace Free Member

2,285 243
    Is Edina a new taxi company?

Which system do you use Auto Cab / Auriga??
    Ive used both of those and i think you have a couple of extra features which makes me think its neither unless a newer model.

i did love this though... good you make sure there green inside.

"Our drivers are tested internally"

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 By: i234i Member since: Jul 16, 2007
  5. steven123

steven123 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

13 0
    what an excellent service you have got there. I for one would certainly use this service. A very good example of environmental responsibility.

Posted: Nov 6, 2008 By: steven123 Member since: Oct 28, 2008
  6. Paola

Paola UKBF Newcomer Free Member

70 5
    Seems to me like you have found a real niche there in the market - well done. I would certainly consider your services over and above other car hire co's as you share our ethos and it's always great to be given a choice.

We are also an eco-friendly biz. in Edinburgh and were one of the first graphic design and web design studios to go green - seems like there's quite a good eco business culture in Edinburgh now...all the best! :)

Posted: Nov 12, 2008 By: Paola Member since: Oct 22, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.