Can someone speak to me in Plain English about FB Ads

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by Lynxdry, Dec 28, 2017.

1. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

28,908 8,541
    Website reviews are not permitted for free members so please don’t post one.

However, not sure people will want a three course meal for lunch.

Posted: Dec 29, 2017 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  2. Lynxdry

Lynxdry UKBF Regular Full Member

153 20
    @fisicx

I just paid 36 pounds to make sure I am not going against the rules of the site just waiting for your systems to update accordingly, am finally a full member after 9 years :) almost.

Posted: Dec 29, 2017 By: Lynxdry Member since: Aug 25, 2009
  3. Ray272

Ray272 UKBF Contributor Free Member

90 12
    So plan your lunch in advance?

I'd hate that but I'm not everyone so perhaps there is a market for it. Those graze nuts do well but they always added new nutritious smacks in the box to surprise their clientele.

I'd try a campaign aimed at owners treating their staff to a once a month HDESK menu. Something to look forward to and discuss and aim for.

Planning it everyday is a bit much IMO.

HDESK could be like am employee benefit

Posted: Dec 29, 2017 By: Ray272 Member since: Jul 5, 2017
  4. Lynxdry

153 20
    @Ray272

Thanks for that candid feedback its what will help us improve the service prior to full launch, actually your asked to sort out your lunch a week in advanced as opposed to on a daily basis, we had planned to have a new weekly menu every week but some have stated to stick to a single menu which isn't a bad a service in its self.

Posted: Dec 29, 2017 By: Lynxdry Member since: Aug 25, 2009
  5. JamieM

JamieM UKBF Ace Free Member

2,260 341
    There is a lot of misinformation here.

You absolutely can get likes from Facebook ads. That's why there is an ad objective for it. I have checked my previous campaign and got 6,489 page likes at £0.14 per like. Now I can target those people who I know are interested in my product more easily and it helps a little with social proof.

Also reach is an important metric. Of course some people might scroll on by without really looking at your ad but it does give you valuable performance data for ongoing advertising.

With regards to your lack of success I would think there is something wrong with your ad, you are targeting the wrong people or your product is just not appealing to people in general. Can you post up a screenshot of your ad and let us know your targeting options?

I agree that ads with a conversion objective are better but there is still value in building likes for a new business page. Facebook ads are great and do convert to sales but you have to have an appealing product targeted to the right people with an appealing ad and reasonable budget. I also agree that competitions might work well for your business but I'd be thinking more along the lines of people (who are not customers yet) winning free meals instead of holidays.

Posted: Dec 30, 2017 By: JamieM Member since: Mar 22, 2006
  6. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

28,908 8,541
    £900 is a lot of money for those likes. And you maybe able to target them but as @Lynxdry said, his budget is tiny.

If you look at his website you will see that there are better uses of his marketing budget. If done right you will get likes and shares for free - no need to pay for them.

Posted: Dec 30, 2017 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  7. Lynxdry

153 20
    @JamieM

Thank you for the time in writing your encouraging message, I have tried to copy and paste the screen shot from lap top onto here but unfortunately it would not let me do so.

The parameters for the campaign we put the following;
    1. MALE AND FEMALE
    2. AGES 18-50
    3. Geography is Central London plus 10KM diameter
    4. Interests we put 20 different interests such as packed lunch, take away, food, foodie, French cuisine, Japanese Cuisine, health, health and fitness, F&B these are just some of the 20 interests we put.
    5. I went for the £4 daily budget for 7days so total is 28 pounds, currently they have spent £11 something and it has reached 11400 people but still no likes.

Take a look at my website www.hungrydesk.co.uk it gives you the idea behind our service offering, however thanks to @fisicx we shall be making some changes and also it seems the registration part of the site isn't working so we are having it fixed now, but you will get an idea of our service.

Posted: Dec 30, 2017 By: Lynxdry Member since: Aug 25, 2009
  8. Ray272

Ray272 UKBF Contributor Free Member

90 12
    Seems like if you made a campaign for a BOSS lunch (play on scouse word for great) you could get a lot of employees sharing the idea in the hope of getting their boss to fork out on lunch delivered once and if it did improve team spirit and performance it could be instilled long term.

Posted: Dec 30, 2017 By: Ray272 Member since: Jul 5, 2017
  9. Joe Smith780

Joe Smith780 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

16 0
    The reach is the amount of people that will essentially see your ad but at the end of the day is what matters

Posted: Dec 30, 2017 By: Joe Smith780 Member since: Dec 30, 2017
  10. Website Design Ltd

Website Design Ltd UKBF Contributor Free Member

53 8
    In my opinion, this is going to take a lot of time, skill and investment to get right. Although I do not mind the idea, you are in direct competition with the likes of Deliveroo, who have endless budgets and very slick, user-friendly websites, and that makes this a very difficult market to succeed in.

What is your actual USP, why would I order from you and not just get a Deliveroo?

And drop the stock imagery, nobody is going to believe that that is really Linda.

Until you have your service offering and website right, you may as well be burning your money rather than giving it to Mr Zuckerberg.

Posted: Jan 2, 2018 By: Website Design Ltd Member since: Oct 5, 2016
  11. JamieM

JamieM UKBF Ace Free Member

2,260 341
    Hi Lynxdry,

I'm not sure those interests are targeted enough. You can actually target people who are interested in Deliveroo which I suspect should work better. Try looking up any other competitors too but it tends to only be the large ones that it works with.

Your ad needs to be good too though and give people a reason to like your page.

Try experimenting with conversion ads too as they can obviously result in sales and likes.

Posted: Jan 4, 2018 By: JamieM Member since: Mar 22, 2006
  12. VD Media

VD Media UKBF Newcomer Free Member

8 0
    Hi @Lynxdry,

As @JamieM said, those interests do not look targeted enough. I would spend some time going on YouTube looking at tutorials as there are so many very helpful videos there. Search guys like Ben Malol and That Lifestyle Ninja, they have great detailed tutorials.

The best performing ads are content that is funny and engaging. Typically video ads perform the best. Of course if you want people to like and share your content their needs to be a reason to. (Funnily enough adding "Like and share this post if you loved it" for example increases engagement.)

Posted: Feb 8, 2018 By: VD Media Member since: Feb 8, 2018