Can I have an advice please

Discussion in 'Employment & HR' started by Dody234, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Dody234

Dody234 UKBF Newcomer

3 0
    Hi everyone, I will try to be short on my story: Around 4 months ago I started a new job with a new employer. On the employment contract was stipulated that I will received a van, my annual salary and some overtime if I am working more than 40 hrs. Per week. I never received a van, the overtime was never paid, when I asked about it I was told that they are not paying overtime. On the 6th of July I finished my probation period , and the following week I went on holidays for 2 weeks and in my last day of holiday I received a formal letter from my employer saying that due to my poor performance my salary will be deducted. When I come back I didn’t had a chance to discuss this, and I was just asked if I accept it or not. Because I just came from my holiday and I was afraid that they will dismiss me with no money I said yes- not formally- just through a WhatsApp text. By the end of the month I received a better job offer and I decided to leave and my employer was claiming that I owe him some holidays. I told him that we need to see how much would be as I have the overtime as well that never was paid. In the same night after the discussion, after he told me that I am a thief and he will take me to the solicitors, my van was broken and all my important tools were robbed. I have CCTV cameras and clearly can be seen on them that was someone who knew what to take, also the face. I called to the police to report it, I am awaiting for police to contact me to give them the evidence. I don’t have too much hope on the police to be honest.My question is: what can I do to defend myself of this type of person? and there is any way that I can stop this employer to do the same to other people? I spoke with ACAS and they say that is nothing that I can do because I didn’t work too much for them.
    Any advice would be really helpful. Thanks

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 By: Dody234 Member since: Jul 29, 2021
  2. intheTRADE

intheTRADE Contributor

502 183
    You should terminate all contact with them. Block numbers and start your new job

Let the police do their job and decide whether this is related or not, as this that is a criminal matter. Do not start accusing the employer in any public situation

Posted: Jul 29, 2021 By: intheTRADE Member since: Apr 14, 2019
  3. Trevor Andrews

Trevor Andrews Contributor

302 89
    Yes with @intheTRADE you are best getting as far away from them as you can.

In future make sure you have any agreement in writing before you start and preferably a contract if employment stating what was promised.

Posted: Jul 30, 2021 By: Trevor Andrews Member since: Feb 9, 2021
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. pentel

pentel Contributor

544 95
    Does this mean that you were using your own vehicle? Were you paid for doing so.?

Definitely time to move on.

Posted: Jul 30, 2021 By: pentel Member since: Mar 12, 2011
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Dody234

Dody234 UKBF Newcomer

3 0

Posted: Jul 30, 2021 By: Dody234 Member since: Jul 29, 2021
  6. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

34,763 10,626
    Whoever these people are, they as dodgy as it gets. They aren’t going to take you to court. They won’t want to get involved with any sort of litigation.

Posted: Jul 30, 2021 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. japancool

japancool Contributor

5,042 1,149
    No... but they sound like the kind of people who might send the boys with baseball bats round.

Posted: Jul 30, 2021 By: japancool Member since: Jul 11, 2013
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

34,763 10,626
    Didn’t want to say that. But yes.

A few years back someone asked for a website review. I said it was pants. They called me on the phone and threatened violence because I was dissing them (or some other street slang thing).

Posted: Jul 30, 2021 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  9. Dody234

Dody234 UKBF Newcomer

3 0
    Thank you for all your messages. I want to stay away from these people and carry on with my life. The damage is done, I don’t seek to recover anything. I am just concern if they will not stop.

Posted: Jul 30, 2021 By: Dody234 Member since: Jul 29, 2021