Can an employer reject digital sicknote

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsshep

Free Member
Apr 9, 2014
A friend needs to get a sicknote to work tomorrow.

If she scans the note and emails it to her employer, and posts the original copy so they receive it on Friday (8th day), is that acceptable.

Or does the employer have to receive the paper copy on the 7th day?

A friend needs to get a sicknote to work tomorrow.

If she scans the note and emails it to her employer, and posts the original copy so they receive it on Friday (8th day), is that acceptable.

Or does the employer have to receive the paper copy on the 7th day?

The employer does not have to receive the paper copy on the 7th day. There's never any certainty that a Fit Note would even be issued on the 8th day (the first day you can't self-certify), so it's not feasible to expect this to be with the employer at the time it's been issued, or perhaps sooner.

She needs to confirm (a telephone call would be ideal...) that her condition is continuing, and that a Fit Note will follow.

Karl Limpert

Upvote 0

Merchant UK

Free Member
Aug 15, 2010
www.welderfab.co.uk
I used to take a picture of mine and email it to the company, Then they'd get the original when i was in the office next. I guess its how much they trust you. if you keep having no end of time off being sick then i would imagine they'd be wanting the sick note asap. However if your sick once in a blue moon and are normally reliable, then i cant really see a problem

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Subscribe to our newsletters

ukbf logo
ukbf logo

Real community whatever your business.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu