Buying text link's to websites

Discussion in 'SEO, PPC and Online Marketing' started by frank, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frank

frank UKBF Newcomer

82 0
    Do people actually do this in the UK ? I know it worth money in the USA and people are mad for it but what about here ?

And if so what would be an average figure for the following 1 way link from a site with the following page rankings ?

PR5
    PR6
    PR7
    PR8
    PR9

Thanks
    Frank

Posted: Apr 14, 2007 By: frank Member since: Jul 1, 2006
  2. andrew1810

andrew1810 Contributor

440 10
    I've sold a couple of links from one of my PR4 sites before and was offered $30 for each link (which of course I accepted)

Hope this helps a little

Posted: Apr 14, 2007 By: andrew1810 Member since: Aug 16, 2006
  3. frank

frank UKBF Newcomer

82 0
    Hi Andrew,

Was that a $30 one off charge or per month ?

I have heard that you can charge a figure per month for keeping a link on your site ?

4. MarkPearson

MarkPearson Contributor

1,012 1
    Posted: Apr 14, 2007 By: MarkPearson Member since: Jul 11, 2005
  5. frank

frank UKBF Newcomer

82 0
    Thanks for that Mark, I will probably use them actually !

One question, I notice that the link you gave me was an affiliate link. Now I have nothing against this at all, and will use your link if I choose to go with them as I know how important affiliate links are as I am an affiliate enterpenur lol

Just one question I have for you which is off topic - Do you make much money through being an affiliate for this company ? pm me if you would prefer to talk that way, as I have been looking for a site that will enable me to offer links / sell links as an affiliate, so you have helped me out in a different way so thanks for that !

Frank

6. MarkPearson

MarkPearson Contributor

1,012 1
    Hi Frank,

Firstly, I highly recommend text link ads, they are the best company I have found for that kind of purchase.

I have spent a small fortune myself with them buying text links as its partially the key to great search engine rankings.

I sell on many of my websites text links via the text links ads program.

I recommend them to a lot of people and do make some good commission from them.

I would not recommend them here to mostly people I know or people who know me if I did not think they are worth looking at.

Posted: Apr 14, 2007 By: MarkPearson Member since: Jul 11, 2005
  7. andrew1810

andrew1810 Contributor

440 10
    Just a one-off fee, seemed ok to me considering it was an old website I haven't updated in about 4 years!

Posted: Apr 14, 2007 By: andrew1810 Member since: Aug 16, 2006
  8. The Printed Bag Shop

The Printed Bag Shop Contributor

1,175 64
    What are text link ads ?

Posted: Apr 14, 2007 By: The Printed Bag Shop Member since: Mar 13, 2007
  9. temi

temi UKBF Newcomer

30 1
    Text link ads is good, used to be quite cheap, the company was recently sold, the new owners seem to have doubled the prices of links. You can also use other sites such as textlinkadsmarketplace.ukwebmasterworld.com , you can buy or sell links for free.

Posted: Apr 14, 2007 By: temi Member since: Aug 6, 2003
  10. An Oasis

An Oasis Contributor

9,899 1,683
    Or have a look on Digital Point forum loads of link sales going on there along with some interesting banter about...

Posted: Apr 15, 2007 By: An Oasis Member since: Oct 3, 2006
  11. linkspub

linkspub UKBF Newcomer

6 0
    Actually any type of advertising for your site will help you. Marketing is a never ending process for any business.

When it comes to internet businesses and websites, the only way people and search engines know u exist is by links.

A site with no links to it will never be found to anybody other from someone who knows the url.

Links just like television ads, banner ads or any type of media advertising, sort of seep in slowly.

Take Wordpress for example. People visiting Wordpress Blogs, see the tiny little link to Wordpress in the sidebar or footer. After seeing it many, many times, on many different sites, it sort of makes it's place in the subconcious mind.

Posted: Apr 15, 2007 By: linkspub Member since: Apr 15, 2007
  12. 3rigena

3rigena UKBF Newcomer

54 0
    I just sold 3 text links for 6 months for 1015$
    easy money if you are in the right area.

Posted: Apr 16, 2007 By: 3rigena Member since: Apr 2, 2007
  13. Little Nut Tree

Little Nut Tree Contributor

119 3
    Currently being banished to the sandbox and now pretty tooled up on search engines after having read all the googlehead blogs, I personally would not buy into any text-link schemes or directories, unless I felt a site was directly relevant to my products.

I think you its throwing money away and in the longer term, doing more harm than good. :)

Cheers
    Richard

Posted: Apr 16, 2007 By: Little Nut Tree Member since: Jan 3, 2007
  14. lyonssolutions

lyonssolutions UKBF Newcomer

41 0
    Whenever you are buying a link please make sure that the link is relevant to your website. If you have a computer shop and have a link from a butcher it will be worth nothing ;)

Posted: Apr 19, 2007 By: lyonssolutions Member since: Apr 19, 2007
  15. An Oasis

An Oasis Contributor

9,899 1,683
    Absolutely thank you

This subject drives me mad, think out of the box people buying links is dumb there are many ways to get to the same point... buying links is just dumb. Worst still the SE's are trying to target bought links. :eek:

Posted: Apr 19, 2007 By: An Oasis Member since: Oct 3, 2006
  16. RayB

RayB Contributor

6,474 242
    I would very strongly recommend that:

1. If you have or are considering buying text link ads for Pagerank - STOP!

2. If you have or are considering selling text link ads to assist a websites Pagerank - STOP!

Matt Cutts - who is the head of anti-spam at Google has this week posted on his blog that Google is actively working to neutralise the artificial benefits of buying links for pagreank which is simply "gaming" the Seach Engines.

If you have got a spare 3 or 4 hours you might want to read all the posts on this thread! You heard it here first.............

You have been warned :)

Posted: Apr 20, 2007 By: RayB Member since: Nov 12, 2006
  17. RayB

RayB Contributor

6,474 242
    Hi Richard,

Did you submit to Yahoo and DMOZ - this is actually suggested on the Google Webmaster Guidelines - straight from the horses mouth! Agree - DON'T BUY TEXT LINKS :eek:

Posted: Apr 20, 2007 By: RayB Member since: Nov 12, 2006
  18. welshnoonoo

welshnoonoo Contributor

914 1
    Text Ad links are pieces of text that are clickable links pointing to a 3rd party website using a specific phrase which are then displayed on your website for a fee.

So for example, if you were trying to climb search engines for the terms "printed bag" - your text link would be printed bag

Hope that helps!

Posted: Apr 20, 2007 By: welshnoonoo Member since: Mar 1, 2006
  19. An Oasis

An Oasis Contributor

9,899 1,683
    Woooooooowa there boy!

I think there is a lot of smoke and mirrors with this story as there are with many of MC little snippets.

Consider this, two smallish companies produce the following products:

Askismet – spam filter for blogs, activate it it’s 99.99% accurate
    Mailwasher – email filter, a little training and it is hot to trot

Google – the worlds largest search company + largest database + largest snooping capacity…, they can’t spot paid links!!!!! NO sorry I don’t buy into this one. There is a hidden agenda here. :mad:

Posted: Apr 20, 2007 By: An Oasis Member since: Oct 3, 2006
  20. superman

superman UKBF Newcomer

52 0
    I am quite interested in text links, I have worked for companies before who use affiliate window and similar affiliate programs very successfully.

I had a look at http://www.text-link-ads.com/?ref=44904 but it was an American company is there a British equivalent?

We just want more traffic to our website, we use PPC etc but also want to investigate other sources…

Posted: Apr 20, 2007 By: superman Member since: Apr 5, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.