Buying a parked domain -

Discussion in 'IT & Internet' started by busowner987, Mar 3, 2020.

1. busowner987

busowner987 UKBF Regular Free Member

125 8
    I have my eye in a domain that has been parked with sedo for god knows how many years.

I am interested in purchasing it.

Sedo offer a broker service which I have my reservations on.

Any advice on another way guys.

I would imagine the person that owns this domain has some silly idea about it being worth over 100k but as we now know. Keyword domains are a thing of the past. It would still be powerful to us though in terms a brand.

Thanks for advice

Posted: Mar 3, 2020 By: busowner987 Member since: Aug 27, 2019
  2. Karimbo

Karimbo UKBF Ace Free Member

1,789 188
    make a lowball offer and see what they respond with I suppose.

Is it an exact match keyword domain? They're not very memorable and the consensus for seo seems to be that you need to buy an authority site with a memorable domain name.

Confused.com does not sound anything like a finanial services website, but with the advertising campaign behind it, its imprinted itself into the minds of consumers and you have no trouble recalling it from memory.

In SEO you need to target longtails nowadays, not snipe one keyword. It makes no sense to get cloudcomputingservices.com when the phrase (even with #1 position) gets you less than 5% of your traffic.

I would say make a lowball, get into negotation and use the weakened EMD power to bargain for a better price.

Domainers will hold out for a long time, and they'll hold onto a domain for decades before finding a buyer offering their asking. it's only some £6 p.a (or less) for a wholesale domain account. So they're not desperate to sell.

Posted: Mar 3, 2020 By: Karimbo Member since: Nov 5, 2011
  3. busowner987

busowner987 UKBF Regular Free Member

125 8
    thanks for your reply, my issue is more getting the owners email address to open up conversation.

This particular 2 keyword domain is A1 fit for what we would intend to use it for.

I'm well versed in SEO and its dead IMOH. Google is against SEO, and for Adwords, so cant win that game anymore.

We always build our campaigns based on spending out on adwords etc etc

Posted: Mar 3, 2020 By: busowner987 Member since: Aug 27, 2019
  4. Karimbo

Karimbo UKBF Ace Free Member

1,789 188
    seo still live and kicking for me. just have to do it differently, it's more expensive and needs more time.

Sometimes adwords is just so saturated and expensive that you can't increase the traffic even by increasing the budget. Certain keywords don't have positive ROI for adwords but you can go for with SEO.

Bing SEO still works like Google SEO from pre panda & penguin days.

Posted: Mar 3, 2020 By: Karimbo Member since: Nov 5, 2011
  5. TotalWebSolutions

TotalWebSolutions UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

2,625 616
    If they have it parked with Sedo then clearly they want Sedo to handle any negotiations/sale for security/convenience. With the redaction of whois Registrant contact info (since the introduction of GDPR) you will be hard-pushed to find any direct contact info but there could be some lurking. Feel free to PM the domain and I'll see if I can find anything for you.

Posted: Mar 4, 2020 By: TotalWebSolutions Member since: Sep 29, 2009