Business Plan Writer Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

fisicx

Business Listing
Sep 12, 2006
Aldershot
www.aerin.co.uk
How will that help? Its help with writing the thing he needs not an example of something from Harvard (incidentally a very overrated establishment).

Upvote 0

Nick Walsh Studios

Free Member
Apr 12, 2020
It will help a great deal as someone else has already had ideas in his/her niche and the ideas can be used to come up with further ideas how to write the business plan.

Example: If he/she was thinking of starting a taxi business they could get ideas from https://www.ijser.org/researchpaper...pted-by-UBER-to-disrupt-the-Taxi-Industry.pdf

"Harvard overrated" I disagree they do great free courses to help people get jobs, improve lives...
https://www.edx.org/course/cs50s-introduction-to-computer-science

Upvote 0
AND they are totally inappropriate! Business Plan Format depends upon the nature of the business! YES the banks have their own promotions, but that is rather like expounding the fact that the Daily Fail is a 'Paragon of Journalism!'

in my defence I was working on the assumption the author would be bright enough to understand the difference between a guide and a set of rules

perhaps that in itself is a form of natural selection?

however, with relevance to the OP, this thread highlights the fact that if you ask 20 people what a business plan should include you’ll get 21 different opinions

there are 3 points I will stand up and fight over.

1. the plan is all about the running/operation of the business, not an silly sales pitch for your product/idea
  2. You only need one business plan. (There might be small variations in appendices for different audiences)
  3. A well thought-through set of projections is the heart of a good plan

Reactions: Chris Ashdown
Upvote 0

Mr D

Free Member
Feb 12, 2017
Stirling
Back to the Batmobile - I have had the (mis)fortune to read umpteen business plans and I have seen heaven-knows how many bogus templates.

And I have gone through business plans that went on to become successful businesses. The plans of successful businesses all had five things and were able to tick all five boxes - leave one out and sooner or later you are stuffed!
  1. What can we earn?
  2. What can we lose?
  3. What is the USP?
  4. What is plan B?
  5. What proof of concept do you have?
Here's a short video I did on the subject (and no, I'm not selling anything! Not now, not ever!)

The last time I assessed a business plan, I just spoke to the person. There was no magic written business plan. Just five questions answered properly. She answered all the questions perfectly and fully and the ball could be placed on the field and the referee could blow the whistle. I am no longer involved, but the last I heard, that business is thriving and expanding.

Writing stuff down allows for editing, clarifying points, revising paragraphs. And can be referred back to.
Going along checking real figures as they are produced against estimated ones and revising estimates.

Have met a few people who write a plan then never open it again. They wing it.
Can be done.

And others who have used the plan to achieve what they wanted.

Upvote 0

Paul Kelly ICHYB

Business Listing
Jan 21, 2008
London
icanhelpyourbusiness.co.uk
For most businesses, creating a simple bullet point business plan, with the key business points/areas covered is the best way to start - you have to get everything out of you head onto paper and keep adding to it. You also have to ensure that you think as much about the pro's & con's as possible and think about all eventualities.

Upvote 0

billybob99

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Why are you wasting time writing a document that is all about assumptions and guesses.

Just because you write the business will make £200k year 1 doesn't mean it will get anywhere close.

Time is better spent validating the idea and making progress.

We live in an age where you could have an idea in the morning and have it validated by dinner time.

Reactions: The Byre
Upvote 0

Chris Ashdown

Free Member
Dec 7, 2003
Norfolk
Why are you wasting time writing a document that is all about assumptions and guesses.

Just because you write the business will make £200k year 1 doesn't mean it will get anywhere close.

Time is better spent validating the idea and making progress.

We live in an age where you could have an idea in the morning and have it validated by dinner time.

You have already stated Valadating, which is the same as making a plan, you have to have something to validate dont you

You could be the company salesman of company A and have knowledge of your customers and compediters, your suppliers etc and leave one day and start on your own the next day without much thought you have the experience of what you are going to do

On the other hand you start afresh and need to somehow evaluate if the idea you have will work or fail and making a plan either written or in your head working out the different items you need to make it work can never be a bad waste of time

The plan is only as good as the person bothered to make it and the assumptions they made, naturally it may fail that does not mean it was not a usefull tool. as with most things the better the input then normally the better the output

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Subscribe to our newsletters

ukbf logo
ukbf logo

Real community whatever your business.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu