Business Plan Writer Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstEver

Free Member
Jan 10, 2019
UK
everAst.net
Why do you need it? There is an abundance of resources on how to create it and you will benefit a great deal from creating it by yourself.

Upvote 0

Mr D

Free Member
Feb 12, 2017
Stirling
Best person to write it would be you.

Basic level it's a map of how to get to where you want to be from where you are. Done in written and numbers format.

You can write it yourself - quite a bit of info about how on the internet - or spend 3 or 4 times the amount of time explaining to the writer what you want in it. Plus not cheap. :)

Upvote 0

Mark T Jones

Business Member
Nov 4, 2015
Hampshire
www.kickstartbiz.co.uk
I assist people with business plans. I absolutely don’t write them for you - at any price - because that defeats the object of a plan

my site contains templates and guides for download http://www.kickstartbiz.co.uk/business-plan-review/

if the issue is simply one of manual dexterity, the narrative part can be done either using the Office dictate function or as an audio file

Upvote 0

Chris Ashdown

Free Member
Dec 7, 2003
Norfolk
A week is quite a short time to consider what makes a business plan, it could easily take far more than that to analyse the competition and if say it was a shop you would need the footfall for that week

Teke as long as you need to consider the whole plan how you are going to make your sales, Who you are competing with, What you require to make it work, Where you are operatings from, What the startup costs will be, where you can get loans etc, Plus making up at least a one year profit and loss and cash flow projections

You need to think through as many scenarios as you can to help you decide if its a runner or a dream

Upvote 0

ffox

Free Member
Mar 11, 2004
Cornwall
ffox.biz
Sorry guys I should of said I am not great with my hands and this causes me great pain so will take me week, but if someone would be good enough to send me a link to a good one I will do it, thanks

You don't need to type. MS Word online (free to anyone with a FoC Microsoft account, .hotmail, .outlook etc) will allow you to launch the browser version of Word and set the Transcription function running. Then just dictate what you want it to record.

It's all here - https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb...5f0-b053-2a97531ecf57?ui=en-us&rs=en-gb&ad=gb

Upvote 0

fisicx

Business Listing
Sep 12, 2006
Aldershot
www.aerin.co.uk
@ffox - how do you get it to create and format tables while dictating?

Reactions: Opinion87
Upvote 0

ffox

Free Member
Mar 11, 2004
Cornwall
ffox.biz
Reactions: fisicx
Upvote 0
I do provide this service. Although, of course, I don't, really.

I can write a business plan, of course. But if you want me to write your business plan I will need to spend some time with you.

1. I will help you form a plan that is clear, and useful, and has some validation
2. I can then write that - because now I will understand your plans.

The format of a business plan will depend a little on who it is for, too. If is for you, or for the bank manager, then it will take a different form, to some extent. And the function is different. If it is for the bank then it is probably to persuade them to loan you some money. If it is for you, then it is, hopefully, to give you a joined up set of actions that will deliver your desired outcome.

But I would encourage you to at least start the process yourself. Think about your business, and what you want to do with it, and jot down some notes - because that is a decent start.

Upvote 0

Chris Ashdown

Free Member
Dec 7, 2003
Norfolk
There is not just one business plan but various

The main one is the one written for yourself and nobody else, it proves to you that your idea makes sence you have covered things like competition, position of building if appropriate, Marketing and start up costs and expected revenue over a certain time and expenditure

You could write another for the benefit of a lender or investor showing much of above , but with current position, staff needed and experience, reason for wanting investment, how the investor will profit by investing and over what timeframe etc

Many have tried writing a business plan on the back of a fag packet, some have worked out , many have failed as they did not consider the market they were going into as well as they thought

Upvote 0
Many have tried writing a business plan on the back of a fag packet, some have worked out , many have failed as they did not consider the market they were going into as well as they thought

Since fag packets now contain no white space, this avenue has been closed. I have been left to utterly wing it.

Upvote 0

fisicx

Business Listing
Sep 12, 2006
Aldershot
www.aerin.co.uk
Now Come On - it's MS and it's free - it's not Harry Potter.....
I was sort of alluding to the problem with using dictation to create a business plan. Great if you want to write a book but not really that useful for a formatted document.

Which returns us to the OP. If writing is a problem, all you really need is some to do the typing for you. The business plan is in your head so you just need someone to convert this into a document.

Upvote 0

Mr D

Free Member
Feb 12, 2017
Stirling
I was sort of alluding to the problem with using dictation to create a business plan. Great if you want to write a book but not really that useful for a formatted document.

Which returns us to the OP. If writing is a problem, all you really need is some to do the typing for you. The business plan is in your head so you just need someone to convert this into a document.

Which could involve a lot of dictation into a document then someone else tidying it up and adding required figures.

Reactions: ffox
Upvote 0

ffox

Free Member
Mar 11, 2004
Cornwall
ffox.biz
As @Mr D says - tidying up is a lot easier for someone who finds typing difficult than the flog of entering all the words. And the formatting can be done by someone else if necessary.

Upvote 0

The Byre

Legacy Full Member
Aug 13, 2013
Back to the Batmobile - I have had the (mis)fortune to read umpteen business plans and I have seen heaven-knows how many bogus templates.

And I have gone through business plans that went on to become successful businesses. The plans of successful businesses all had five things and were able to tick all five boxes - leave one out and sooner or later you are stuffed!
  1. What can we earn?
  2. What can we lose?
  3. What is the USP?
  4. What is plan B?
  5. What proof of concept do you have?
Here's a short video I did on the subject (and no, I'm not selling anything! Not now, not ever!)

The last time I assessed a business plan, I just spoke to the person. There was no magic written business plan. Just five questions answered properly. She answered all the questions perfectly and fully and the ball could be placed on the field and the referee could blow the whistle. I am no longer involved, but the last I heard, that business is thriving and expanding.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Subscribe to our newsletters

ukbf logo
ukbf logo

Real community whatever your business.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu