Business Partner Wanted

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Lady Lawyer, Sep 11, 2019 at 11:26 AM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady Lawyer

Lady Lawyer UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4 0
    I am looking for a talented business partner, preferably with legal knowledge, to share in the launch and running of a legal services business primarily assisting clients seeking to remedy defamatory / libellous reviews.

The ideal partner will possess strong online marketing skills, the ability to contribute towards written content / website / blogs / social media and have a genuine desire to build a lucrative business whist facilitating affordable access to legal redress services.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 11:26 AM By: Lady Lawyer Member since: Sep 11, 2019
  2. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

16,094 1,796
    OK, sounds like quite an undertaking.

What are you offering and what are you bringing?

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 11:36 AM By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  3. Lady Lawyer

4 0
    I'm offering a wealth of business expertise - researched concept and unrivalled determination. You?

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 11:39 AM By: Lady Lawyer Member since: Sep 11, 2019
  4. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

16,094 1,796
    LOL - not me.
    I do know an ex-solicitor who has been doing copywriting freelance for a while though.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 11:56 AM By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  5. Lady Lawyer

4 0
    Hi if you think this may be of interest I would be delighted to hear from your friend!

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 11:59 AM By: Lady Lawyer Member since: Sep 11, 2019
  6. Clinton

Clinton UKBF Big Shot Free Member

4,304 1,591
    I deal with lawyers a lot, corporate lawyers who draft SPAs (Share Purchase Agreements) etc. Some of them are brilliant at corporate law, but are absolutely clueless about business.

You strike me as one of them :) (ie. no idea about how business works).

Let me get this right. You want to start a business providing legal services using your expertise. And you want a business partner who can do all the marketing and drive the business to you? A marketing muppet if you like. Someone who'll work for a few months building your brand, website, social media following etc. etc. before you've done a stroke of work?

I had a (corporate) lawyer approach me with a deal exactly like that once. But he wanted the company set up as 50-50 from the start! He couldn't understand that for 6-12 months all the risk was on me; he wasn't willing to put money up front to part cover my effort for those months when he'd be doing nothing.

Clueless about commercial realities, I tell you, clueless.

The right candidates, the type you're aiming to attract, would look at your OP and click away because your OP makes the typical newbie of mistake of screaming me, me, me; I want, I want, I want.

You don't tell the reader whether you're offering a salary, 50% equity, a directorship. You don't tell them what the projected profit of the business is going to be and/or how long you estimate to break even. You tell them nothing about what they'll get from the deal. Even when asked about what you're offering, you don't talk about what they'll get.

You do realise, right, that humans start with WIIFM?!

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 2:39 PM By: Clinton Member since: Jan 17, 2010
  7. Lady Lawyer

4 0
    Oh Dear. How wrong can anyone be! Please refrain from littering the boards with such nonsense. Not that your trolling is worthy of a response. In the meantime, genuine respondents seeking a genuine opportunity are welcome to get in touch.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 2:49 PM By: Lady Lawyer Member since: Sep 11, 2019
  8. BusterBloodvessel

BusterBloodvessel UKBF Regular Free Member

154 57
    Want a business "partner". Writes a job description. WTG.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 2:53 PM By: BusterBloodvessel Member since: Jan 22, 2018
  9. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

30,725 9,012
    Closing this thread. UKBF is not a jobboard and opportunity posts are only permitted for full members.

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 7:21 AM By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.