building a website

Discussion in 'IT & Internet' started by startingacupcakeshop, Oct 21, 2019.

1. startingacupcakeshop

startingacupcakeshop UKBF Contributor Free Member

37 0
    hi so I'm wanting to make a cupcake company weither it be a shop or in an industrial unit or just from home I'm looking at a website for my business but I want you to be able to order directly from the website

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 By: startingacupcakeshop Member since: Oct 21, 2019
  2. TargetICT

TargetICT UKBF Contributor Free Member

66 11
    Do you want to do it yourself or have someone do it for you

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 By: TargetICT Member since: Feb 26, 2018
  3. startingacupcakeshop

37 0
    I did want to do it myself because I wanted to do it just the way I wanted but I think it will be easier for someone else to

4. TargetICT

TargetICT UKBF Contributor Free Member

66 11
    If you want to do it yourself then go with something like shopify and a theme like thishttps://themes.shopify.com/themes/brooklyn/styles/playful/preview , it’s easy for beginners and would just take some time from you.
    If you don’t have the time then you can message me, it’s something we do.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 By: TargetICT Member since: Feb 26, 2018
  5. startingacupcakeshop

37 0
    hi I've tried shopify can you message me for you to build the website

6. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

17,659 2,012
    Having someone else do it is easier - they can follow your instructions of what you want it to be like (within reason for the cost being charged). While I won't suggest you simply copy other sites, have a look at what other businesses have as part of their websites.
    The stories, the way they present things, how easy it is to use the site....

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  7. startingacupcakeshop

37 0
    thanks

8. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

31,215 9,161
    Shopify might work for you but cake sites work much better if you can tell stories. Shopify isn't very good for this.

Also worth thinking about is social media can work far better for you than an ecommerce store. Especially if you come up with different designs each week.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  9. startingacupcakeshop

37 0
    what do you recommend?

10. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

17,659 2,012
    Indeed. Craftspeople - and a good baker has a craft - can show the process of making, the stories of how a particular product came about and be far more personal than some faceless corporation run by soulless money grabbers.

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  11. startingacupcakeshop

37 0
    ill give that a go if anyone wants to give opinions on my logo and what type of products I will sell feel free

12. EddyRock

EddyRock UKBF Contributor Free Member

34 5
    Do you know Wordpress? I think it's very suitable. You should have an e-store where customers can purchase directly and a Blog where customers can read about "How cupcakes are made, benefits of cupcake, anything else about cupcake and your company...".

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 By: EddyRock Member since: Jul 23, 2019
  13. fisicx

31,215 9,161
    I've send you a PM. Got some ideas for you that are better off not being made public right now.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  14. Davidmott

Davidmott UKBF Newcomer Free Member

12 1
    I'd suggest Wordpress and Woocommerce. You'll be able to integrate numerous payment methods through the website for customers to purchase.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 By: Davidmott Member since: Apr 19, 2019
  15. bluenun

bluenun UKBF Regular Full Member

492 49
    Why just sell from one website ? - why not have your main website , then sell the same products directly from within facebook ? , if you want you can then geo target the exact people who maybe interested in your product. I did a site that sold wedding 'stuff' - we advertised to women on facebook who had changed their status from single to engaged etc. When they purchased the product they didnt have to come to the website - they ordered and paid for it within their facebook session.
    Cloudbased ecommerce where your products can be everywhere is far the better option than just hoping people will come to your website. Mobile friendly website with facebook integration. Dont use shopify or woocommerce - I did - and it was a complete waste of time and frustration.

Posted: Oct 25, 2019 By: bluenun Member since: Dec 11, 2008
  16. startingacupcakeshop

37 0
    Hi as I've posted before I'm wanting to sell my cakes cupcakes other baked goods at first I wanted to buy a shop space or a unit but now I've decided I'm going to buy a house I've found with its own kitchen floor.The plan is to bake everything from my kitchen it will basically be my baking room,at first I'm looking to contact local cafes shops ?how do I go about doing this ? Then I'm looking towards not a food truck but a converted horse box where I can sell my cakes from after prepared at the kitchen my other question is where can I park a fpod truck

Posted: Oct 25, 2019 By: startingacupcakeshop Member since: Oct 21, 2019
  17. fisicx

31,215 9,161
    You go and introduce yourself and give them free cakes to sample.
    You get permission from the landowner. This might be the local council or a landlord or event organiser. The local village fete charged £150 for a commercial pitch.

And people will want coffee and tea to go with the cakes. And cold drinks, crisps, kitkats and probably wraps and sarnies as well.

Posted: Oct 25, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  18. startingacupcakeshop

37 0
    yeah I forgot to put that in about the free samples I was thinking of my partner making breakfasts and sandwiches

19. startingacupcakeshop

37 0
    so who do I contact about where I put the cuocake van

20. startingacupcakeshop

37 0
    Help how do I find a list of locations where I can park my food truck in the UK tried searching up but all I could find was county court should have a list but I can't find it