British Public Couldn’t Give A F*** About Swearing

Discussion in 'Press Releases' started by 10 Yetis, Jan 16, 2009.

1. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! { Moderator }

34,230 10,156
    Me too. I really don't find the need to swear (and even 23 years as a squaddie didn't change that) as I rarely get upset about anything anymore (it's all the tai chi I do). I don't mind swearing but like Steve feel there is a time and a place. We came back from London on the train the other evening anf there was some banker type on his phone effing and blinding and as the conversation went on the words became even more crude. It wasn't pleasant.

Thought. If you use profanity as part of your daily language but restrict yourself around clients does this mean you are not showing your true colours?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
    Posted: Jan 16, 2009 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  2. directmarketingadvice

directmarketingadvice UKBF Legend Free Member

10,942 3,530
    And everyone knows that that 8% are just a bunch of c***s***ing mother****ers.

Steve

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
    Posted: Jan 16, 2009 By: directmarketingadvice Member since: Aug 2, 2005
  3. debbidoo

debbidoo UKBF Ace Free Member

1,800 569
    I'm *aware* that some people have a problem with swearing, definitely. I'm aware that some people are not comfortable with profanity, and out of respect for their feelings I keep my language moderated.

Always swore in front of my nan, and she always swore in front of me. My in-laws don't swear, so out of respect for them I try not to swear in their presence. Respect for their feelings, yes?

See above - it's about respect. I swear around friends and family (none of whom find it offensive), but not around clients as it would be disrespectful. Just because I choose to keep some things private (or at least, restrict myself to doing them around people I know well) doesn't mean I'm not showing my true colours - just that I know that there's a time and place for everything :rolleyes:

Posted: Jan 16, 2009 By: debbidoo Member since: Apr 10, 2008
  4. 10 Yetis

10 Yetis UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,383 144
    Love it! Spot on insight there

Posted: Jan 16, 2009 By: 10 Yetis Member since: Nov 3, 2004
  5. DSGameMaker

DSGameMaker UKBF Newcomer Free Member

51 8
    Why people have become so politically correct they are worried about what words people say (which are not offensive to any one), I do not know.

Posted: Jan 17, 2009 By: DSGameMaker Member since: Jan 17, 2009
  6. maria102

maria102 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3,638 470
    I swear more than I would like I must admit.....my old boss used to encourage me as he found it refreshing to hear a woman swear (his wife never did)...bizarre? I don't think having three brothers helped either or a father that used to swear constantly.

My husband swears better than me though as he's a southerner and some words have a lot more impact when he swears.....until I put him in he f***ng place.

Posted: Jan 17, 2009 By: maria102 Member since: Oct 25, 2005
  7. Bri

Bri UKBF Big Shot Free Member

3,044 599
    I feel as we are in in the midst of it all day from all corners of society, home is the only place we can call sanctuary. If the people we live with cant haul themselves in for 12hrs so that we can live togehter harmoniously then we have no chance at all. There, sanctimonious me...... I hit em all with a word they dont understand describing how beautiful the english language is and the reply 'what the f*** are you on about'

As Spock said to Kirk on that famous bus journey in Star Trek number zilllion ' Ah what colourful metaphors' :eek:

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 By: Bri Member since: Oct 9, 2008
  8. SillyJokes

SillyJokes UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4,501 598
    That's just wrong - was he asking you talk dirty because his wife didn't understand him?

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 By: SillyJokes Member since: Jul 26, 2004
  9. maria102

maria102 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3,638 470
    Oh dear, I never thought anything of it at the time! :eek:

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 By: maria102 Member since: Oct 25, 2005