Brexit prepration steps for Amazon Sellers/eCommerce?

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by apricot, Sep 29, 2020.

1. apricot

apricot UKBF Regular Free Member

368 36
    Not sure if there are Amazon sellers here but I've been getting calls and attending webinars for Brexit preparations and I am lost!

I was wondering if anyone knows what it means 'getting ready for Brexit' or 'how to get ready for Brexit' for eCommerce businesses that sells goods from UK to EU countries?

(The only thing I've done so far is to getting EORI number)

Posted: Sep 29, 2020 By: apricot Member since: Apr 7, 2012
  2. OnePatch

OnePatch UKBF Newcomer Free Member

6 0
    With Brexit quickly approaching the British public are still in the dark on what to expect from the controversial withdrawal from the European Union. Until Brexit actually happens everything is pure speculation. However, the potential effects it could have on Ecommerce should be concerning to all involved.

Online sellers getting ready for Brexit should plan ahead by taking steps such as scoping out potential new suppliers for any stock they import from the EU. Those who sell their products within the UK could however see an increase in sales as UK customers shop more locally in order to avoid increased shipping fees.

With a lot still uncertain on how the UK market will be affected by Brexit the most sellers can do right now is ensure they have plenty of stock ready in preparation and to keep an eye on customs regulations.

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 By: OnePatch Member since: Sep 22, 2020
  3. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

24,926 3,037
    Hopefully people not too much in the dark. We've known we were leaving for at least a week now, probably longer.
    If an agreement is made at some point then it will change plans that should have been made over a week ago.

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  4. Paul Norman

Paul Norman UKBF Ace Free Member

2,823 889
    Apart from getting the EORI number, we don't yet know what the deal will be.

I suspect it will amount to filling in customs forms for sales from UK to EU, and customers getting possibly charged some import tariffs.

That is the case already for most countries outside the EU.

Most of our product suppliers have already got fully ready for a no deal outcome. Some - not many - brands are no longer importing to the UK in bulk, and I will have to choose whether I want to do so myself.

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 By: Paul Norman Member since: Apr 8, 2010
  5. apricot

apricot UKBF Regular Free Member

368 36
    I've just heard that the cost of sending a palet from UK to Eur may cost at least £250 only for delivery plus there will be customs fee (crazy!)

It seems like it will be best to send goods from suppliers to EU directly

Posted: Oct 15, 2020 By: apricot Member since: Apr 7, 2012
  6. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

24,926 3,037
    Then expect suppliers to pass on delivery charges to you.

One way or another someone has to pay. Generally suppliers prefer it be you.

Posted: Oct 15, 2020 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017