Board game manufacturer

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by ChipRivers, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChipRivers

ChipRivers UKBF Newcomer Free Member

165 1
    I am looking for a board game manufacturer, preferably in the UK. I am looking to try and get an existing game manufactured locally to reduce the costs of shipping them in from abroad.

Can anybody direct me to or recommend a company that may be able to produce such a thing? I will look at non-UK based companies also as they may be able to offer a competative price.

Posted: Sep 18, 2007 By: ChipRivers Member since: May 20, 2006
  2. Faith28

Faith28 UKBF Ace Full Member

2,111 151
    Shannon board games are based in scotland. I met the owner at one of the Toy Fairs.

http://www.shannongames.com/

They are a small company.

Posted: Sep 18, 2007 By: Faith28 Member since: Dec 2, 2005
  3. Faith28

2,111 151
  4. mconridge

mconridge UKBF Enthusiast Full Member

641 71
    I think you will find that the money you save on only having to transport them within The UK will be greatly outweighed by the cost of getting the product made in the Far East (Although I could be wrong). This does depend on quantity though.

Having a product made in the Far East is so much cheaper compaired to The UK that even by adding the shipping costs on top, it still works out cheaper.

This doesn't take into account quality and copyright etc though.

Posted: Sep 18, 2007 By: mconridge Member since: Nov 22, 2006
  5. Faith28

2,111 151
    I used to have my card games manufactured overseas...initially it worked out cheaper but then as my business began to slowly become known in the industry i got a call from the uk card games manufacturer and they gave me a better quote.

You cannot compare the quality the UK manufacturers have compared to the company I used to use. I am converted.

6. Ant Taylor

Ant Taylor UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Hi iam looking for a manufactorer in the Uk that can produce my board game and cut the cost on the shipping

Posted: Apr 23, 2010 By: Ant Taylor Member since: Apr 23, 2010
  7. Ant Taylor

Ant Taylor UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    I am looking for a board game manufacturer, preferably in the UK. I am looking to try and get an existing game manufactured locally to reduce the costs of shipping them in from abroad.

Posted: Apr 23, 2010 By: Ant Taylor Member since: Apr 23, 2010
  8. Faith28

2,111 151
    Posted: Apr 23, 2010 By: Faith28 Member since: Dec 2, 2005
  9. Paul OD

Paul OD Guest

1 0
    Hello, I am looking for a board game manufacturer who is looking for a new product. I have a new product and would like to present it to an interested manufacturer. It is only a prototype at this time due to a lack of available materials both by design and sourcing problems.

Posted: Mar 28, 2012 By: Paul OD Member since: Mar 28, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.