Billionaire Gates Praises KashFlow Founder

Discussion in 'Press Releases' started by 10 Yetis, Mar 6, 2008.

1. 10 Yetis

10 Yetis UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,383 144
    KashFlow’s Managing Director Duane Jackson has been hailed as one of the most successful entrepreneurs to benefit from The Prince’s Trust at their 25th Anniversary celebration in January, meeting arguably the most successful person on the planet Bill Gates, CEO of Microsoft in the process.

Bill Gates showed his support for The Prince’s Trust the year of celebrations that mark the 25th anniversary of The Prince’s Trust Business Programme. He met a small selection of high achieving young business men and women in the UK today including KashFlow Software Managing Director, Duane Jackson.

At a reception held at the House of Commons, The Prince’s Trust were congratulated for their 25 years of service, helping over 550’000 young people in the process and continuing to support more than 100 more young people each day.

Bill Gates was invited to spend time talking with the handful of business owners and entrepreneurs invited to the event and took the time to pass on some of the tips he learnt whilst building the world’s largest IT related company.

Speaking about the event and meeting Bill Gates KashFlow Managing Director Duane Jackson said,

“It was great to meet Bill Gates. He is the biggest success story in business, and somebody I find very inspirational. I was honoured to be in his company, and was flattered at the recognition by The Prince’s Trust; without whom I would not have achieved the success I have so far.”

He continued, “I did make a comment about “software as a service” products like KashFlow undermining the traditional model that Microsoft still use. He said that it is a space they are looking at entering. I wish I’d kept quiet now!”

Accounting Software company KashFlow recently launched its flagship product, an online tool specifically designed to help owner-managers in small businesses manage their accounts, in mid 2005.

Since that time it has quickly won a significant share of the valuable accounting software market along with launching a new direct to accountant division in late 2006.

In late 2007 venture-capital backed KashFlow won a Business Software Satisfaction Award, judged entirely by customer feedback, for the category of web-based accounting beating the likes of Sage and Netsuite.

Lord Young of Graffham, former Secretary of State for Trade and Industry and Chairman of Cable and Wireless was appointed to the role of Chairman of KashFlow in January 2008.

The KashFlow accounting package is securely hosted online, requires no installation and can be trialled for free by visiting http://www.kashflow.co.uk .
    The site also displays examples of feedback from actual users.

END
    [FONT=&quot]Editors Notes[/FONT]
    For further information contact [email protected] 10 Yetis Public Relations Agency or 01452 527898.

In 2007 KashFlow won a Sift Media award, judged entirely by customer feedback, for the category of web-based accounting beating the likes of Sage and Netsuite

KashFlow has received two rounds of venture capital funding from Lord Young of Graffham, former Secretary of State for Trade & Industry and ex Chairman of Cable and Wireless

KashFlow won the 2007 Software Satisfaction Awards category of Best Web-Hosted Accounts

KashFlow is simple to employ, with users instinctively knowing where to click to perform almost any accountancy task

Owner managers are able to effectively manage their accounts with no need for software training or prior knowledge of accountancy

KashFlow has been featured in the likes of the Financial Times, Daily Mail, The Daily Telegraph, The Mail on Sunday and all the leading accounting magazines.

Posted: Mar 6, 2008 By: 10 Yetis Member since: Nov 3, 2004
  2. Patr100

Patr100 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

73 3
    Careful, he may be looking to take it over....

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 By: Patr100 Member since: Jan 29, 2008
  3. Tin

Tin Just an SEO { Moderator }

5,955 1,661
    Another cracker Andy, well done mate :D

Ray

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 By: Tin Member since: Nov 14, 2005
  4. Cornish Steve

Cornish Steve UKBF Newcomer Free Member

14,849 2,100
    Maybe a Microsoft acquisition is on the cards. ;)

Well done.

Posted: Mar 7, 2008 By: Cornish Steve Member since: Jul 4, 2005
  5. SpeedyExpressCouriers

SpeedyExpressCouriers UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,256 9
    Thats brilliant, well done Duane. Keep it going though ;)

Posted: Mar 8, 2008 By: SpeedyExpressCouriers Member since: Aug 27, 2006
  6. DuaneJackson

DuaneJackson UKBF Legend Free Member

9,523 1,118
    LOL, no chance : )

Posted: Mar 11, 2008 By: DuaneJackson Member since: Jul 14, 2005
  7. openmind

openmind UKBF Big Shot Full Member - Verified Business

4,755 867
    Yep right. If Bill waved a billion under your nose you would grab it and run! :D

I flipping would ;)

Posted: Mar 11, 2008 By: openmind Member since: Sep 6, 2005
  8. ken_uk

ken_uk UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,224 242
    More likely to be Sage that offers a deal, they buy up any competition these days, so they can wreck the product imo....

Wonder when the monopolies people will investigate sage...

Posted: Mar 11, 2008 By: ken_uk Member since: Jul 27, 2007
  9. DuaneJackson

DuaneJackson UKBF Legend Free Member

9,523 1,118
    I'm having lunch with Sage's former chairman, Michael Jackson, tomorrow. (Nothing to do with an acquisition though!).

Sure, if Bill Gates offered me a billion I would jump at it. But I doubt that's going to happen!

Posted: Mar 11, 2008 By: DuaneJackson Member since: Jul 14, 2005
  10. ken_uk

ken_uk UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,224 242
    More likely they would invite you over at some point to discuss integration, and offer bundling, then drop the bundle and come out with their own version a few years later....

Posted: Mar 11, 2008 By: ken_uk Member since: Jul 27, 2007