Best way to sell advertising?

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by designhull, Jul 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. designhull

designhull UKBF Newcomer

33 6
    Hi guys,

I have a network of over 50,000 people on facebook. A website that receives over 1,000 UV a day.

Yet i'm struggling to sell advertising, the fb pages are extremely responsive, and the small amount of advertisers with me are making money, one guy saw a 400% return in 1 week from his £70 a month advertising slot.

Do you have any tips on how to shift more advertising? as it's a waste at the moment.

Thanks in advance,

Lewis

Posted: Jul 28, 2012 By: designhull Member since: Oct 11, 2010
  2. 10032012

10032012 Contributor

1,962 323
    Can you provide more details about the website?

Have you tried middleman services like Google Adsense (and the like) and the BuySellAds (and the like)??

Posted: Jul 28, 2012 By: 10032012 Member since: Mar 10, 2012
  3. designhull

designhull UKBF Newcomer

33 6
    Have tired google adsense, but they banned me, as i had mobile users and pc users, i had a very high conversion rate, and they didn't like it, more like they didn't want to pay out the £500 it was making a month, they owed me money and never paid me, I was disgusted with them.

I have messaged you.

Posted: Jul 29, 2012 By: designhull Member since: Oct 11, 2010
  4. writinghelp

writinghelp UKBF Newcomer

2 0
    why dont you do SEO for you website, just forget advertising and start working on search engine optimization. Honestly, i have a website which is Research and writing services, even i wanted advertising, tried, facebook, youtube, google adwords and every thing but SEO the best thing to do and that also for free.

Posted: Jul 29, 2012 By: writinghelp Member since: Jul 29, 2012
  5. Websitehandyman

Websitehandyman Contributor

2,174 535
    You can find some places on the site below, but in general agents will contact you if they feel your site is suitable for them. But in general those agent don't much care about traffic they are looking for ranking points or a need to fill an order based on page rank.

To sell advertising based on traffic I would normally go on topic based affiliates or search the net and find sites you think might benefit and make them an offer.

PM me if you like.

Posted: Jul 29, 2012 By: Websitehandyman Member since: Nov 25, 2011
  6. old boy

old boy UKBF Newcomer

96 8
    Why put your own CPA ads on it and gain th erevenue?

Or sell th esite
    I might be interested if the site is a good niche
    OB

Posted: Jul 29, 2012 By: old boy Member since: Jul 23, 2012
  7. 10032012

10032012 Contributor

1,962 323
    Thank you for sending me a link. <removed, site reviews are not allowed outside of the review area>
    You have quite a few advertisers advertising items, however, no real number to entice businesses wanting to advertise especially per-locale. I would focus on the website more before focusing on advertisers. 1000 uniques a day isn't very poor but that could be say several people from different counties... so the desire is limited to only national and international brands - and due to their size they would want more traffic.

You need to work on SEO a little and keep up promoting the website. I am not sure how the script works but where possible do not remove expired ads from the database... simply get them removed from searches and homepage counts. That way if you could add "similar items" feature to the expired page a person who has just reached your site from Google are more likely to browse the site. Expired content is weak, it has little value, but a small bit of value is better than none at all. As your site grows you wont need to worry about expired ads.. so you could delete them to keep database size smaller.

If you get desperate you could turn blackhat by lifting adverts from rival websites manually, changing a few words and sticking down their mobile number on your site for people to contact the seller from. You could also contact those that sell a lot on rival websites and ask if they wanted to list on your site also. keep these as a last resort only.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2012
    Posted: Jul 29, 2012 By: 10032012 Member since: Mar 10, 2012
  8. Blood Lust

Blood Lust Contributor

899 116
    Does this customer need my product?
    Can they afford it?
    How many of the 1000 UVs a day would say yes to both?

If its low you need a better way of targeting as Facebook isnt working.
    If its high you need a better way of closing instead of relying on the customer to contact you as Facebook isnt working.

Maybe you should draw up a criteria list and have a look at their facebook pages for a mobile number. If they meet your likely to buy criteria phone them up and close the deal?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
    Posted: Jul 29, 2012 By: Blood Lust Member since: Sep 7, 2011
  9. old boy

old boy UKBF Newcomer

96 8
    Where abouts is the site review page on this forum

could you add a link to the review thread so I could see your site

cheers

Posted: Jul 30, 2012 By: old boy Member since: Jul 23, 2012
  10. Bannaz

Bannaz UKBF Newcomer

47 7
    Have you considered offering slots for free for a short period of time?

If the slots work well for the customer, they will sign up.

Posted: Jul 30, 2012 By: Bannaz Member since: Aug 17, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.