Best way to earn money online ????

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by royalmatt, Apr 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garethcnmjones

garethcnmjones UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4 0
    I just saw all of them are scams who claim to help you make money.

Last edited: May 13, 2011
    Posted: May 13, 2011 By: garethcnmjones Member since: Mar 4, 2011
  2. neb1405

neb1405 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    If you're talking about making money online using money-making websites, you could try matched betting. This was covered by the Tele' tory' graph a while ago (Google: Daily Telegraph Is this a bet you can't lose?) - I can't post links up yet!

They reference fixtheodds.com, which I'm a fan of as they're one of the only websites around that works and is free to use.

If you're talking about actually creating a website to make money, then there are a few options:

eBay re-selling - I know of people who are making money by looking at cheap e-Bay items, buying them and re-selling them at a higher price. The risk of course, is if there's no demand - you're stuck!! Equally, if you list before you purchase the item (i.e. being a broker), you could risk non-delivery and have a myriad of problems.

Blogs and affiliates - You could create a journalistic blog with lots of affiliate links and include advertising links. Some people make some decent money doing so.

Posted: May 24, 2011 By: neb1405 Member since: Oct 28, 2010
  3. knowlton

knowlton UKBF Newcomer Free Member

19 2
    Fixtheodds is good - I've used it myself and I've made some decent money - just over £300 so far. In my opinion, as long as you follow the instructions - you practically have nothing to lose - they say they'll refund you up to the value of the offer if their instructions are wrong. Personally, I've had no problems whatsoever.

It's interesting to see how they make their money - by the fact they're an affiliate of Betfair which is required when you go through the process. Just goes to show how powerful affiliates can be when making money online!

Posted: May 24, 2011 By: knowlton Member since: Jan 21, 2011
  4. toastking

toastking Guest

0 0
    Hey guys, I have never heard of this fixtheodds. I am assuming its a mathematically worked on formula that reduces the odds of losing?

Posted: May 24, 2011 By: toastking Member since: Jan 1, 1970
  5. knowlton

knowlton UKBF Newcomer Free Member

19 2
    Not quite - it's basically a clever way of making money using a loophole.

Basically:

Bookmakers offer free bets to entice you into becoming their customers. Matched betting takes advantage of this and turns it into hard cash that you can spend. However, before bookmakers will give you the free bet, you have to bet with them first to qualify.

Here's the clever bit...

Betting Exchange - not a bookmaker, but a bit like a stock market where they simply match punters with bets and set the odds accordingly.

Bookmaker - the bookmaker with the free bet.

Step 1. You need to qualify for the free bet by placing a bet with the bookmaker. So the first step is to make a very minimal loss.

Consider a free £50 bet offered by a bookmaker.

a) Fixtheodds would trawl and suggest a match whereby certain, favourable odds are available on both the bookmakers' website and the betting exchange. For example, Manchester United vs Liverpool.

b) The website would then calculate the odds you require. You place the bet at the given odds and use the betting exchange to minimise your risk. For example, you bet £50 that Manchester United will win at the bookmaker and bet £60 at the betting exchange for Manchester United NOT to win (lose or draw).

Say Manchester United Wins - you win £109 at the bookmaker and lose £60 at the betting exchange. Overall, you are £1 down.

Step 2. You've qualified for the free bet - now you need to maximise your profit.

a) Again, you are given a match where there are favourable odds available - this time to maximise your profits.

b) You place the bets and for arguments sake, say Everton vs West Ham. Bookmaker, you place a free £50 for Everton to win, and at the exchange, £60 Everton not to win.

Scenario 1: Everton wins. You make £110 at the bookmaker and lose £60 at the exchange. However as you have used a free bet, you make £50 gross and less then initial £1 loss, you make £49 net profit.

Scenario 2: Everton loses (or draws). You make £110 at the exchange and lose nothing at the bookmaker. You therefore make £50 gross (£110 - £60) and then less initial £1 loss, you make £49 net profit.

It's a very crude example, but it's the crux of how it all works. All in all, you are right about the formula, but it's also about the concept - i.e. the fact that it's a free bet, you don't lose any money at the second step.

Posted: May 25, 2011 By: knowlton Member since: Jan 21, 2011
  6. Cathal Targeted Media

Cathal Targeted Media UKBF Newcomer Free Member

5 0
    The quickest way to see traffic to your website is to start an Adwords Pay Per Click campaign.

This is where you bid on searches that relate to wht you are offering and if done right give you exposure on page one of Google (this can be done across Bing, Yahoo etc...)

If you want any free advice on this jump on our website (targetedmedia) and you can email me or give us a ring and we'll give you what support we can.

Posted: May 27, 2011 By: Cathal Targeted Media Member since: May 26, 2011
  7. Kwackers

Kwackers UKBF Regular Free Member

295 23
    I do freelancing. I've made a part time income from it whilst at college/university and running my side line businesses for 3 years. Hard work sometimes and not others :) Takes a while to get a client base though.

Posted: Jun 1, 2011 By: Kwackers Member since: Nov 25, 2007
  8. holmewoodorg

holmewoodorg UKBF Newcomer Free Member

133 9
    I run a community website as the name suggests get 200 pounds an ad banner. Does alright for me.

Posted: Jun 1, 2011 By: holmewoodorg Member since: Apr 29, 2011
  9. sammy.sammy

sammy.sammy UKBF Newcomer Free Member

16 1
    I think you must go with your expertise, first discover the field in which you have some sort of expertise, and according to that, look for the online market for the same.

<link removed by mod>

Posted: Jun 1, 2011 By: sammy.sammy Member since: May 9, 2011
  10. hmmm

hmmm UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,722 127
    ive a great low risk way to earn money online but i need about £2,500 to start. i could start with £500 but feel to make it quicker the more you have to start the better.
    but i dont have either sum so anyone interested PM ME.

£500 returns £280 a week
    £2,500 returns £1,400 a week

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
    Posted: Jun 1, 2011 By: hmmm Member since: Apr 14, 2011
  11. Kwackers

Kwackers UKBF Regular Free Member

295 23
    hmmm go and get a credit card if it provides those returns or a loan? Or sell a car and buy a new one when you've earnt the money back?

Posted: Jun 1, 2011 By: Kwackers Member since: Nov 25, 2007
  12. toastking

toastking Guest

0 0
    This cannot be true, if it is then you are probably the daftest person in the entire world! It doesn't matter which option you went for, you would make your money back in two weeks, even if it went awfully and you only operated at 10% of those expected earnings, you would get it paid back in 20 weeks which would still be relatively good!

£500 isnt a lot to borrow, use a credit card or borrow it off a friend or relative and offer them £750 in 6 months, they will probably bite your hand off and you will earn that easily by those figures! If I believed you I would give you the money and become rich off you!

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 By: toastking Member since: Jan 1, 1970
  13. hmmm

1,722 127
    but unfortunately people wont invest.
    but yes i will do it as i start my new job monday and when i get paid at the end of the month i will do it..
    its very true that i can make that money.
    if im honest i can make it quicker than i have stated or longer if i did it slower.
    its possible to get it back in one day.
    ideally i want to start will £2,750
    but this cant happen so i will start small at £550

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 By: hmmm Member since: Apr 14, 2011
  14. hmmm

1,722 127
    ok give me the money.how can you not believe me look at this smile :D
    as with anything there is risk but the benefit does out way the gain.

The NFIB estimates that over the lifetime of a business, 39% are profitable, 30% break even, and 30% lose money, with 1% falling in the "unable to determine" category

i can beat them odds

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  15. LicensedToTrade

LicensedToTrade UKBF Legend Free Member

6,330 2,143
    Is this a business forum or the Betterware castoffs hangout?

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 By: LicensedToTrade Member since: Nov 7, 2009
  16. hmmm

1,722 127
    :D are you suggesting everyone here is plastic?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  17. LicensedToTrade

LicensedToTrade UKBF Legend Free Member

6,330 2,143

Er... No, what led you to thinking that?

Posted: Jun 2, 2011 By: LicensedToTrade Member since: Nov 7, 2009
  18. saxon68

saxon68 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

68 20
    Posted: Jun 10, 2011 By: saxon68 Member since: Nov 28, 2008
  19. cliffsull

cliffsull UKBF Newcomer Free Member

7 2
    best way to make money online ? Stay offline as much as possible doing 'real' work !

Posted: Jun 10, 2011 By: cliffsull Member since: Oct 17, 2009
  20. Jeremy Gilbert

Jeremy Gilbert Guest

2 0
    Professional sports betting is a great way to make money, but when placing a wager on a favourite team, sometimes even the most experienced bettors can lose sight of the most important factors. The best way to avoid making common mistakes and losing money is to get advice from a betting expert.
    Even if a punter has a great deal of knowledge about a sport, the odds are always with the bookmaker. This makes going on a winning streak difficult. Having access to expert strategies will help a bettor to balance out the insider knowledge that the bookmaker has when compiling their odds. The extra bit of knowledge and insight an advisor shares with punters may help them make a more informed decision. This way a punter can raise his success rate and income.

Posted: Jun 16, 2011 By: Jeremy Gilbert Member since: Jun 16, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.