Best Postage Solutions For Small E-Commerce Store Selling UK & Overseas

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by moorland72, May 5, 2015.

1. dcart

dcart UKBF Contributor Free Member

30 3
    In business, both in uk and in Poland, we use DPD services.

Posted: Feb 9, 2019 By: dcart Member since: Jan 21, 2019
  2. evhow90

evhow90 UKBF Contributor Free Member

27 4
    I have clients that use so many different ones. From a consumer preference, I have always found DPD & Royal Mail the best

Posted: Mar 3, 2019 By: evhow90 Member since: Mar 3, 2019
  3. Martyn Thompson

Martyn Thompson UKBF Newcomer Free Member

10 0
    I'd use a smaller company to do it until you build it up to a sufficient quantity

Posted: Apr 30, 2019 By: Martyn Thompson Member since: Feb 6, 2019
  4. Joe Tagg

Joe Tagg UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    Bit late to the party, apologies if I've missed some key details from the thread. Definitely do a search for the 'Royal Mail Business Price Guide 25 March 2019'. I'll reference some key pages below.

- For low value items (<£30), Royal Mail untracked is typically the cheapest option by far
    - If you're sending 1000+ parcels per year to the UK, Royal Mail 48 would be a decent option, which would cost £2.26 for parcels up to 1kg. See page 16 of RM price guide.
    - For your international orders, Royal Mail Business Parcels (Zone Sort) would be a good one to look at. Approx £5.50 and £8 for Europe and Rest of World respectively. See page 33 of RM price guide.

- If your items are worth more than £30, then it might be worth considering a tracked service.
    - For the UK, Royal Mail Tracked 48 would probably be best and would cost around £4 - you'd need to contact them directly for an accurate quote on this.
    - For Europe, Royal Mail Business Parcels Tracked and Signed is best. See page 29 of RM price guide - cost would be approx. £10
    - For USA, Fedex do a next day service for around £15 - you'd have to enquire with them directly to get an exact price.

Hope that's useful,
    Joe

Posted: May 15, 2019 By: Joe Tagg Member since: Apr 25, 2019
  5. Brian Adgey

Brian Adgey UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 1
    Just joined. Thanks for the info @Joe Tagg - Most people throughout this thread lean towards RM for UK delivery for small parcels. 30 minutes of reading here has saved a lot of time. Thank you.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 5:43 PM By: Brian Adgey Member since: May 22, 2019