Best Courier

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by stuart.dawes, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phil battison

phil battison UKBF Newcomer Full Member

62 13
    Having tried many couriers over the past 5 years we've settled on ParcelForce and have been using them for the last 2 years. We get the occasional problem (as you do with all of them) but in the main they've been good. Prices are better than others we've tried. We ship out bewtween 30 -100 parcels a day with them.

The only real problem we have is multiple packages and packages over 25Kg - Parcelforce's pricing policy means you pay per pacakage so multiple drops to a single address are pricey and they will not touch anything over 25Kg. So for these we use Interparcel whose site is easy to use and the fact we can pick and choose who to send it with is helpful.

Phil

Posted: Jun 24, 2009 By: phil battison Member since: Jun 14, 2009
  2. lesliedocherty

lesliedocherty UKBF Ace Free Member

2,210 303
    WE have used Fastways, terrible.

APC, really good, not one complaint

Interlink, currently using and again no complaints, any problems my rep sorts it our that day

Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
    Posted: Jun 24, 2009 By: lesliedocherty Member since: Jun 17, 2006
  3. Alcsl

Alcsl UKBF Newcomer Free Member

191 36
    We use DHL mainly for our requirements now. Used to use Parcel2go, but the customer service there is beyond a joke. I've lost count the amount of times we had to chase them on the same day for various bits of paperwork that the collection was being made & there's always an excuse or the person you need to speak to 'isn't available'. And then when the documents finally turn up they're full of errors - pretty much every time! We gave them lots of chances but they still never managed to get it right. Shame for them really, we spend '000s a year on couriers. Avoid P2G like the plaque, IMO.

In additional to DHL, Parcelforce have also been very efficient for us in the past.

Al

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 By: Alcsl Member since: Jan 25, 2008
  4. gingerdad

gingerdad UKBF Regular Free Member

308 34
    Just moved our shipping to UKMail £5.25 upto 20kgs, have been using TNT service has been very good 6.75 up 10kgs/ 7.75 upto 20kgs. Used to use DHL (SOE) and where worse than crap (which says a lot as used to work for propper DHL for 5 years).

(also ex-ups employee - they have a very good service but they tend to be hit and miss on domestic price depending on the mood of Germany and the US)

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 By: gingerdad Member since: Jun 28, 2006
  5. LightingGiants

LightingGiants UKBF Regular Free Member

284 18
    just getting into another contract with parcelforce must be tough out there the sales rep is quite eager to push accounts open

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 By: LightingGiants Member since: Jun 1, 2009
  6. lesliedocherty

lesliedocherty UKBF Ace Free Member

2,210 303
    what are uk mail like, just been quoted happy by them, but not sure how good service is

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 By: lesliedocherty Member since: Jun 17, 2006
  7. p2go

p2go UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Hi

I was surprised to read of some of the experiences with our company and wondered if anyone who has experienced a problem would email me personally on s.chandler at parcel2go.com with as much detail as possible.

I can assure you I will investigate fully and respond as soon as I can. Mention you are contacting as a result of the UK Business Forums posting when you email me

Kindest regards
    Sally Chandler
    Quality Manager

Posted: Jun 30, 2009 By: p2go Member since: Jun 29, 2009
  8. trevormuk

trevormuk UKBF Newcomer Free Member

44 0
    Parcel2Go - great idea but at the moment is badly executed. Can't fault the carriers (DHL, parcelforce etc.) however Parcel2Go themselves are a joke.
    Watch out for the free £5 if you load your account with £100 or more.
    I did so at the beginning of June, and I am still chasing them for the £5!

As an importer I made an enquiry with them for sea and air shipment quotes from China and HK. i gave up in the end, as after nearly 2 weeks of emails where i provided all the details of the consignments, locations etc. it concerned me greatly that the contact who was dealing with my enquiry did not have a clue about shipments and importing from China.

HTH
    T

Posted: Jun 30, 2009 By: trevormuk Member since: Aug 22, 2008
  9. phil battison

phil battison UKBF Newcomer Full Member

62 13
    if you're looking for an Importer from China or HK I can recommend Uniserve - they offer both Airfreight and Seafreight services from door to door and take care of all the paperwork for you.

Posted: Jun 30, 2009 By: phil battison Member since: Jun 14, 2009
  10. p2go

p2go UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Hi

If anybody is chasing information on imports from us (Parcel2Go) or the £5 offer can you email me on s.chandler at parcel2go.com and I will ensure this is resolved very quickly.

Huge apologies for any bad experiences with us. We are working really hard to resolve these concerns and I would humbly beg your indulgence so we can demonstrate we do care about any problems anybody has had with us. Give us a chance to prove we can respond quickly and accurately. :)

Posted: Jun 30, 2009 By: p2go Member since: Jun 29, 2009
  11. Jimbo76

Jimbo76 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 1
    Just to let you know about parcel2go - I have been waiting for over a month to resolve a damaged item. The online help is a joke and most of the times I am sure they wind you up so they can turn around and not deal with you!

They take you to the point where you have to take further action i.e. go to court, you will then end up being passed to someone who will further wind you up and offer no resolution to the situation.

Sure people do have some good experience with them but I assure you that when things go wrong your normal good nature will hit breaking point, slow to respond, delay tactics constantly used.

Seems like they have hit the jackpot but when things go wrong cant sort things out through there poor customer services, been reported over many years as being poor! you will be known more for the negative experiences then the positive, most companies downfall if they cant get this right.

I suggest anyone who encounters problems like myself report them to consumer direct (trading standards) and BBC Watchdog so they get the bigger picture and can act.

Posted: Dec 31, 2009 By: Jimbo76 Member since: Dec 31, 2009
  12. Andy27UK

Andy27UK UKBF Newcomer Free Member

101 0
    Indeed it can be frustrating. I had a similar issue which took up far too much of my time to sort out and left my customer in limbo which isn't good for any small business.

I ended up going direct to DHL and by-passing P2G which promptly got the matter resolved. If the courier was DHL (booked via Parcel2go) this may be worth a shot.

Best of luck.

Posted: Jan 4, 2010 By: Andy27UK Member since: Nov 27, 2007
  13. That Guy

That Guy UKBF Ace Free Member

1,679 237
    Recently I have been using http://www.parcelsplease.co.uk/ with no problems at all.

Great customer service and you can track online.

You can also sign up for a trade account and get a good discount if you are a regular sender :)

Posted: Jan 4, 2010 By: That Guy Member since: Dec 23, 2008
  14. Andy27UK

Andy27UK UKBF Newcomer Free Member

101 0
    I rate this company highly:
    http://www.wedelivertheworld.co.uk/index.php

I booked a parcel online for same day collection. It was booked right on the cut off time, but it went through all the same. Within mins i got a phone call in person to say that a courier wasn't available, but collection was re-booked for me over the telephone there and then and i was able to advise my customer as much.

Most other couriers would have told me by automated rebooking email the next morning after a failed collection had occured. Very impressive service and very good pricing too.

Posted: Jan 4, 2010 By: Andy27UK Member since: Nov 27, 2007
  15. trendy kid

trendy kid UKBF Newcomer Free Member

80 13
    I worked at an apc overnight depot for a few years and have nothing but good things to say.
    The auditor was a complete pain and all damage and discrepts had to be dealt with before 9. And if it was their fault I.e a miss route they would put it in a van and run it the same day.
    Added to that every depot could be contacted independently and not through a central switch board.
    Its a load of independent courier companies and they all care about being in the network.

Posted: Jan 4, 2010 By: trendy kid Member since: Feb 11, 2009
  16. FreelanceSoftwareDeveloper

FreelanceSoftwareDeveloper UKBF Ace Free Member

1,561 348
    People who say Parcel2Go lose parcels must be talking rubbish, they are a reseller, the courier companies collect and deliver the parcels!

I use DHL via Parcel2Go, and have always had collections when confirmed (I tend to book in the evening for the next day) and as far as i'm aware always get next day delivery even though it's only guaranteed 90% of the time (I only send a few items per week though). I can get same day collections up to around lunchtime and if I need to pop out I can leave parcels in the shed (written in collection note when booking) and the driver will take them and post the documents through the door!

From what i've read on here I seem to be in the minority for getting great service with DHL, it does make me wonder if my customers are getting an equally good service.

I was thinking of switching to Boxby's service using UPS as it's guaranteed next day but since I realised Parcel2Go links to ebay/Amazon etc this is now very simple to use.

I've only had to use customer services once for a missed collection, around 11.30am I used their live online help, much more convenient than telephone and they arranged a same day recollection.

Posted: Jan 4, 2010 By: FreelanceSoftwareDeveloper Member since: Sep 14, 2009
  17. gibby

gibby UKBF Ace Free Member

1,245 119
    just a warning on ccl's parcel please

prices are good & service good but their admin is hopeless

they have charged us twice for the same delivery from last year & despite phone calls this has not been refunded

invoices dont match the payments taken and today we find a large payment has been taken when no parcel has been sent

this seems to be common with some couriers - you have to keep checking up on them to make sure they havnt overcharged etc

G

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 By: gibby Member since: Sep 11, 2007
  18. strikingedge

strikingedge UKBF Regular Free Member

465 112
    We use Interparcel a lot for wholesale. Didn't have much luck with P2Go.

However, you should never, ever use a DHL service - don't be enticed by their cheaper prices - whenever we have a missing shipment, the first question is....did someone book DHL....and in every instance the answer is yes.

For e-commerce selling direct to customers I'd suggest UK Mail - about £4.50 for next day trackable delivery, free pick ups - and the cost goes down substantially when you hit 30-50 orders per day.

Posted: Jan 5, 2010 By: strikingedge Member since: Jan 25, 2009
  19. gibby

gibby UKBF Ace Free Member

1,245 119
    the dhl driver yesterday told me they have lost alot of business customers due to all the problems

also lots of customers complaining due to the amount of orders not being delivered for xmas & that they were unable to find out where the parcels were

weve been fighting with them to get stuff delivered before xmas.
    spent ages on the phone, promised by our depot they would go to the customers & the whole lot came back to us.

crazy

G

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 By: gibby Member since: Sep 11, 2007
  20. quikshop

quikshop UKBF Big Shot Free Member

3,705 720
    How is that even possible :|

They use a bar-coded internal tracking system so I'm struggling with this one?

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 By: quikshop Member since: Oct 11, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.