Best Business Health and travel insurance

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Parrot Hosting, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parrot Hosting

Parrot Hosting UKBF Enthusiast

441 87
    I'm looking into the best option for business/personal travel/health insurance on an annual basis as I am spending most of my time working abroad.

Having just had to return home to the UK because I broke my arm and needed some time to get the thing working again I am going away again in a few months and want to be be better prepared.

Anyone know the best and cheapest method of getting cover in the EU?

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 By: Parrot Hosting Member since: Jan 7, 2011
  2. lockyer

lockyer Verified Business ✔️

1,216 198
    are you doing manual or non manual work?

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 By: lockyer Member since: Oct 27, 2008
  3. Parrot Hosting

441 87
    Generally working in office environments and villas as my work is mostly intellectual and design. However, the insurance must be able to cover everything I'm likely to get up to over the course of a year. Gardening, painting, household maintenance to name a few - add to that the arduous tasks of swimming, hiking, travel on various modes of transport (excepting microlights and hang gliders and similar).

The question is a general one as well as a specific to my own needs.

Posted: Jun 4, 2012 By: Parrot Hosting Member since: Jan 7, 2011
  4. lockyer

1,216 198
    To be fair I think you need to sit down with your local broker to see what suits you best, as I don't think just travel insurance is what you need.

I also think it could be worth looking at a personal accident/sickness policy to cover your loss of income following being unable to work. Possible some private medical too.

There isnt a silver bullet that can be called "the best" as everyones needs are different.

Posted: Jun 5, 2012 By: lockyer Member since: Oct 27, 2008
  5. Parrot Hosting

441 87
    Thanks for the replies lockyer. However, I think people like insureandgo.com provide the type of service and price I am looking at. I know there are others out there and am asking if people have experience of same, better. For example they offer multi-trip personal & business for £81 for a year and thats pretty cheap and good cover. I have little experience on whether, or not it is easy to claim, or re-insure etc., so would like peoples experiences of this type of cover.

Any feedback positive or negative would be appreciated.

Posted: Jun 5, 2012 By: Parrot Hosting Member since: Jan 7, 2011
  6. tony84

tony84 UKBF Legend

6,016 1,139
    Posted: Jun 5, 2012 By: tony84 Member since: Apr 14, 2008
  7. lockyer

1,216 198
    whats the longest stint you go away for?

Posted: Jun 6, 2012 By: lockyer Member since: Oct 27, 2008
  8. Parrot Hosting

441 87
    I would probably say that my intention is to be out for at least 6 months at a time with up to a month back in the UK each time. The last stint was 9 months and I'm here until October and then away for at least another 6 months.

Posted: Jun 6, 2012 By: Parrot Hosting Member since: Jan 7, 2011
  9. lockyer

1,216 198
    given how long you go away for "cheap" travel insurance won't work. Multi trip policies usually give a limited time per trip. These are taken from insure and go's website

What is the maximum trip length? Please see the table below to see the maximum trip lengths for our travel insurance policies:
    Bronze and Silver Annual Multi Trips 45 days per trip (31 days if aged over 65) Gold, Platinum and Black Annual Multi Trips 90 days per trip (31 days if aged over 65

Posted: Jun 7, 2012 By: lockyer Member since: Oct 27, 2008
  10. MikeJ

MikeJ UKBF Legend

6,136 1,823
    Insure and go are really good, providing you don't want to make a claim. Then they're absolute ***ts.

Posted: Jun 7, 2012 By: MikeJ Member since: Jan 15, 2008
  11. Parrot Hosting

441 87
    @lockyer
    Check the backpackers option - different price but still a good deal IMO

@MikeJ
    You have experience of them - can you expand on your comment?

Posted: Jun 7, 2012 By: Parrot Hosting Member since: Jan 7, 2011
  12. MikeJ

MikeJ UKBF Legend

6,136 1,823
    Yes, had a car broken into earlier this year while in the USA and lost a load of shopping and a camera. The camera was covered on my house insurance, but I wanted to claim the other goods.

I and G initially claimed that posessions left in an unattended car weren't covered. I had to point out various clauses in their terms and conditions where they clearly were.

The house insurance, with Axa, paid out within 2 weeks. I finally gave up jumping through the hoops I and G were putting in front of me. They'll lose my business, and the 5 other people that I put their way.

Oh, one other thing to look out for. They'll charge you again the following year, unless you cancel.

Posted: Jun 7, 2012 By: MikeJ Member since: Jan 15, 2008
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.