General Business Forum Brought to you by Salesforce

Best Accounting Software? Sage, Xero or Quickbooks?

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by anonuk, Feb 29, 2020.

1. anonuk

anonuk UKBF Regular Free Member

302 44
    Currently using Quickbooks and while we really like the interface, and the fact we can get customers to sign invoices on the iPad app, etc, we are having huge issues finding a reliable plug-in that will import our e-commerce orders from amazon and eBay into Quickbooks. The software we are currently using has made a complete hash of our accounts by getting the vat figures wrong, duplicating orders, etc, and after trying to get support from the developer and Quickbooks support with each one trying to pass the buck to each other, we are now realising we are going to have to delete everything for the past 18 months and start again.

So, potentially looking at using something other than Quickbooks (which would be a shame) but wondering has anyone switched from Quickbooks to Xero and been happy?

In comparison Xero seems a lot more bland in terms of the interface but if it gets the job done reliably, I’m willing to at least consider it.

Would love to hear thoughts and any other recommendations, etc.

Posted: Feb 29, 2020 By: anonuk Member since: Feb 27, 2014
  2. Alan

Alan UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

6,648 1,831
    Yes have switched from Quick Books to Xero, but no experience with e-commerce orders from eBy and Amazon in this context.

Personally I find Xero more of an "accountant's system" and less intuitive than QuickBooks or my preferred Kashflow which for me really is simple. But they all do the job once you know what to do.

Posted: Feb 29, 2020 By: Alan Member since: Aug 16, 2011
  3. anonuk

anonuk UKBF Regular Free Member

302 44
    Thanks. We used Kashflow when we first started our business. The issue we had with Kashflow was that it won’t let you print more than 10 invoices in a single batch (don’t know if that’s changed now). We then tried Sage 50 and that was too much of an accountants system and I found a lot of it confusing, although I guess if I tried to learn it I’m sure I could.

Posted: Feb 29, 2020 By: anonuk Member since: Feb 27, 2014
  4. Total Barcodes

Total Barcodes UKBF Contributor Free Member

40 1
    We use Free Agent - does everything we need it to do. Quotes, Invoices, Expenses, Reporting and links to your Bank Accounts

Posted: Mar 2, 2020 By: Total Barcodes Member since: Apr 25, 2017
  5. HugoWelsh

HugoWelsh UKBF Contributor Full Member

40 0
    We have recently moved to Free Agent, and it does everything we need, also very easy to use.

Posted: Mar 2, 2020 By: HugoWelsh Member since: Oct 28, 2019
  6. Socio South West

Socio South West UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

996 258
    If integration with a e-commerce is vital, then maybe look at changing your e-commerce platform instead?
    Whichever you change it will be a nightmare!

Posted: Mar 2, 2020 By: Socio South West Member since: Mar 24, 2013