Best accountancy software these days ?

Discussion in 'Accounts & Finance' started by Talay, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Helpful Johnny

Helpful Johnny UKBF Contributor Free Member

95 18
    What he said..!! :)

Posted: Mar 4, 2019 By: Helpful Johnny Member since: Dec 28, 2018
  2. Talay

Talay UKBF Big Shot Free Member

3,780 787
    Yeah because they are dealing with people who have one company and are talking about £20 or so a month.

When that rolls up to £250 or so per month then you question the rationale when a company 10 times the size could easily make do with the £20 a month version.

Posted: Mar 6, 2019 By: Talay Member since: Mar 12, 2012
  3. Talay

Talay UKBF Big Shot Free Member

3,780 787
    Price is not number one but their model does not cope for a single user with multiple companies.

e.g.

1 company with 1000 transactions = £20 a month

10 companies with 10 x 100 transactions = 10 x £20 a month

We make no more use of their services in many respects but want 10 x the price. Hard to see where that is logical.

As for the halfwits, then yes, they are the halfwits on the chat because all they know is canned responses and cannot either escalate or know any other option that trotting out the corporate line from the list of canned responses in front of them.

Posted: Mar 6, 2019 By: Talay Member since: Mar 12, 2012
  4. Glenn Martin

Glenn Martin UKBF Regular Free Member

168 44
    Sage will cost more for 10 companies than it does for one. I am not sure I get your point. If you wanted to buy 10 cars you would get charged more than you would for 1 car.

By creating 10 companies you are opening yourself to a lot of extra overhead, 10 x bank accounts , 10 x annual accounst etc.

Is your business so complex its needs 10 different companies that can be operated by 1 man than surely its big enough to £3000 for 10 licences to run its finances

You asked for advice people have told you what they think yet you are shooting them down

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    Posted: Mar 7, 2019 By: Glenn Martin Member since: Oct 1, 2015
  5. Glenn Martin

168 44
    A 10 licence version of sage desktop will be not be a cheap option either

6. johndon68

johndon68 UKBF Big Shot Full Member - Verified Business

3,392 618
    As we are talking purely about price just now, as a comparison, Sage 50cloud Professional with 10 companies is £125 per month (and that is direct from Sage) so, substantially cheaper than Xero for 10 companies per month for a single user. Even if you for go for 10 users, it is £140 per month so still cheaper than Xero.

John

Posted: Mar 7, 2019 By: johndon68 Member since: Nov 2, 2009
  7. Glenn Martin

168 44
    I was replying to Talay point where he states that 1 company with 1000 transactions and 10 companies with 100 transactions would pay a lot more for there software, which is fairly obvious but he now seems to want software that charges per transaction and not, users, companies etc.

The guy has asked for advice then shoots anyone down who gives him it.

despite asking for further details he hasn't given any better details like nature of trade, volume of invoices in/out etc.

I am losing the will to live with the thread.

8. Energise Accounting

Energise Accounting UKBF Enthusiast Full Member

995 164
    My advice is if you have 10 companies with a small amount of transactions go to Natwest and open 10 separate business accounts that way you might get freeagent for free for all 10 companies.

Posted: Mar 7, 2019 By: Energise Accounting Member since: Sep 24, 2014
  9. justintime

justintime UKBF Regular Free Member

499 66
    Talay, if you've not already chosen yet, it may be worth looking at Pandle. I use it for one of my clients and although it doesn't have bells and whistles like Xero neither does it have a similar price. Sign up as an accountant so you get the dashboard then add each company to it. Cost will be £2.50 a month per Company plus VAT. Payroll I would suggest Moneysoft at around £150 + VAT a year. Taxfiler for the year end stuff at £10 + VAT a month.

Integrated it may be worth looking at either Nosmisma Solutions or Capium. I think the bookkeeping modules are free on both and you pay for Payroll and year end stuff. I have no idea how good they are as I've never used them.

If you're not fussed about it being cloud then you can't beat VTT+. It'll cost £75 + VAT a year and the new version will be MTD compliant (or VT accounts & VTT+ if you want to do the year end stuff apart from filing as it imports straight from VTT+ @ £150 + VAT a year) then add on moneysoft and Taxfiler.

Posted: Mar 7, 2019 By: justintime Member since: Apr 12, 2009
  10. Helpful Johnny

Helpful Johnny UKBF Contributor Free Member

95 18
    100% with Glen on this, for a company that warrants 10 separate companies etc this is chump change especially when we are actually comparing 10 x £20 with 1 x £140. For the small difference in cost you'd make up the difference in admin time saved.

And he's also correct that you don't want answers...

Posted: Mar 7, 2019 By: Helpful Johnny Member since: Dec 28, 2018
  11. Abigail Collier

Abigail Collier UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    Xero is my preferred software - I have been using it for over 7 years.

Posted: Mar 8, 2019 By: Abigail Collier Member since: Mar 8, 2019
  12. EeeTea

EeeTea UKBF Newcomer Free Member

10 4
    No mention of Gnucash or similar open source software. Why?

Posted: Mar 31, 2019 By: EeeTea Member since: Feb 8, 2019
  13. The Byre

The Byre UKBF Ace Free Member

8,764 3,427
    Gnucash is great, but the user has to configure it and you will have to add a plugin for MTD.

Gnucash will do everything from multiple currencies, payroll and even bank direct and P&L printouts and charts. It is a proper double-entry system for adults!

Posted: Mar 31, 2019 By: The Byre Member since: Aug 13, 2013