Benefits of having my brands name added to the beginning of another websites URL?

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by sjrn, Oct 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjrn

sjrn UKBF Newcomer

1 0
    Hello,

I am hoping someone might be able to shine some light on the potential benefits of having our brand's name added to the beginning of another websites URL - on all their web pages. The website produces a lot of online content each day and has many visitors. For example MYBRAND.website.com.

Our brand is already fairly well known and we already have a good website up and running. I am just wondering if having our brand name added before this websites URL would increase our brands SEO ranking or be of any other benefit to our website?

Thanks for your help.
    J

Posted: Oct 10, 2017 By: sjrn Member since: Oct 10, 2017
  2. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️
    Business Member

35,311 10,772
    Not really. What you describe is a sub-domain and unlikely to be of an useful benefit

Posted: Oct 10, 2017 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  3. WoottonSEO

WoottonSEO UKBF Newcomer

18 5
    Actually, you'll be coming close to an exact match URL structure - it will have a benefit. At one point I had around 80 keyword rich subdomains on my own site - catering for my primary keyword and each county across the UK. Each of those subdomains ranked well for the keywords that I was aiming for. However, you'll need to make sure that the sub domains are interlinked with the main site and/or linked to externally in order for authority to flow down through to them. Otherwise they will be considered a dead end (of sorts) and will have difficulty ranking.

Posted: Oct 10, 2017 By: WoottonSEO Member since: Jun 17, 2017
  4. Highland Spring

Highland Spring Full Member

155 12
    Mostly the benefit is if your name happens to be catchy and the target end user notices it in the SERPS and click on it, something like the Meta Description Tag good as a "hook" but not directly beneficial. There is some small benefit if the keyword you are targetting is in part of the url, but again nothing like the benefit it once had, if at all.

Posted: Jan 27, 2018 By: Highland Spring Member since: Jan 20, 2018
  5. StevePoster

StevePoster UKBF Ace

1,046 149
    For a sub domain it does not affect your SEO but for an established domain it will have due to regular visitors and users.

Posted: Feb 6, 2018 By: StevePoster Member since: Nov 29, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.