Autodesk BIM 360

Discussion in 'IT & Internet' started by TheoPoy, Feb 22, 2021.

1. TheoPoy

TheoPoy UKBF Newcomer Free Member

5 0
    Afternoon all,

In short I work for a company in the construction sector e.g. installing doors, partitions and the likes of.

We need some software so our admin can manage jobs for engineers. Engineers can then pic up the jobs and then fill out a survey according the the type of job e.g. when they click on item (door / wall etc) X item comes up with previous info on the item (like an MOT) and then they can take some pictures and upload the latest info.

Ideally we want to be able to adjust these forms according to the type of item in question.

Once they submit that info, admin can then process further e.g. pass on to clients.

If that could integrate with BIM tech, then great.

I have looked around a bit and it seems Autodesk BIM 360 seems to be pretty good, and wondering if anyone has experience with it, or other similar software?

Best

Theo

Posted: Feb 22, 2021 By: TheoPoy Member since: Feb 22, 2021
  2. fc-ramon

fc-ramon UKBF Contributor Free Member

73 14
    Not with BIM 360, but I have worked with Autodesk (think it was CAD) before, their desktop programs run well but i feel the minimum or recommended specs should be higher for a good experience, however if im not wrong bim 360 is web based so that shouldn't be an issue

Posted: Feb 22, 2021 By: fc-ramon Member since: Nov 6, 2020
  3. intheTRADE

intheTRADE UKBF Regular Free Member

376 140
    Have you had a look at Viewpoint? Probably regarded as the best in the industry for this sort of thing and I am pretty sure it can do all of what you are looking for

Posted: Feb 22, 2021 By: intheTRADE Member since: Apr 14, 2019
  4. TheoPoy

5 0
    Great thanks for the info. I think your right, the admin org side is most probably only cloud based, so hopefully everyone should be able to use it.

To be honest, I doubt we will need too much of the 3D elements of BIM. Mainly the management of the data.

5. TheoPoy

5 0
    I'm glad you said that, as Viewpoint seems to be the other hot contender!

Know of any others by any chance?

6. forevergroup

forevergroup UKBF Contributor Full Member

76 9
    It sounds like what you actually need is someone who knows the industry and product set well to listen to your requirements and give you a proper demo.

That's not going to be me unfortunately as I'll be the first to admit I know very little about construction. I work in Telecoms and IT!

However - the good news is I do know a manager at Europe's largest Autodesk platinum partner. Feel free to PM me with your details and I'll hook you up. I'm sure they'll give a good demo for free.

Posted: Feb 22, 2021 By: forevergroup Member since: Sep 12, 2020
  7. TheoPoy

5 0
    Great thanks, will PM!

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 By: TheoPoy Member since: Feb 22, 2021
  8. EmC007

EmC007 UKBF Contributor Free Member

70 3
    Business Processes and then mapping to software. Probably a lot of vendors out there but with the power of SAP Business One and B1UP you basically create anything you need. It might take a little longer but with the financial integration it is likely a worth while endeavour.

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 1:07 AM By: EmC007 Member since: Jun 3, 2017
  9. TheoPoy

5 0
    Thanks for this contribution!

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 11:08 AM By: TheoPoy Member since: Feb 22, 2021