Asking for advice: recycle, yes or no?

Discussion in 'Green Business' started by Ibis, Apr 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ibis

Ibis UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Greetings,

The government in the UK has implemented several policies in order to stimulate recycling. I was wondering about possibility for recycling car mats. If it were possible, to recycle your car mats, would you make use of this opportunity? Yes or no and why. I am asking this because I am writing a research paper concerning this topic and would like to know the general opinion concerning this matter.

Posted: Apr 9, 2014 By: Ibis Member since: Apr 9, 2014
  2. Billmccallum

Billmccallum UKBF Newcomer Full Member

4,175 1,076
    Is there a methodology for recycling car mats into new products or are you talking about refurbishing and re-selling them?

If they could be recycled and used for new products then I would be inclined to give them away for recycling, but I can't see any value in re-use.

Posted: Apr 9, 2014 By: Billmccallum Member since: Apr 20, 2010
  3. Ibis

Ibis UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    In this case, it would be to resell. If people are willing to recycle their end-of-life car mats, then they can be broken down and reproduced out of the same material. This should lead to less waste.

Posted: Apr 9, 2014 By: Ibis Member since: Apr 9, 2014
  4. Billmccallum

Billmccallum UKBF Newcomer Full Member

4,175 1,076
    I don't see how this could ever be economical, you can buy car mats for less than £15 a set, but the cost of collecting, breakdown and reproduction must be higher?

Posted: Apr 9, 2014 By: Billmccallum Member since: Apr 20, 2010
  5. Paul Norman

Paul Norman UKBF Ace Free Member

2,782 867
    I am curious as to how this works. In my life thus far I may have discarded worn out car mats perhaps twice? Normally, I leave them in the car when I part exchange it.

Of course, that takes you to the only way this could work as a business, assuming recycling them is an economic proposition. You would have to get a deal to collect the old ones from the garage.

Posted: Apr 9, 2014 By: Paul Norman Member since: Apr 8, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.