Anyone with experience with starting on fiverr?

AlanJ1

Free Member
Jul 25, 2018
I've used Fiverr as a buyer but never as a seller. I get the impression that it is just a race to the bottom receiving pennies for your work

I may be wrong, but thats just the views I have on Fiverr
As said above, if competition it is a race to the bottom - You also need to get feedback so people can trust you.
I would also suspect if the work can be done by others, others will pop up offering what you can do!

Upvote 0

gpietersz

Legacy Full Member
  • Sep 10, 2019
    Leamington Spa
    pietersz.net
    I've used Fiverr as a buyer but never as a seller. I get the impression that it is just a race to the bottom receiving pennies for your work

Me too and I get the same impression. In general, these sorts of markets are a race to the bottom, but Fiverr seems particularly bad. The other problem is that it can be very difficult to get the initial work that gives you a track record with reviews etc.

I would also suspect if the work can be done by others, others will pop up offering what you can do!

Wich is particularly bad if they are already well established.

On the other hand, if its something that is not already offered on Fiverr, its possible its not something people would look for there.

Upvote 0

Alan

Free Member
    Aug 16, 2011
    Fivver has its uses for sellers, but I wouldn't use it for a specific niche website. If it is as you say an uncrowded niche it should be easy to market directly via SEO, SEM, SMM without devaluing your proposition.

By definition, Fivver devalues your proposition, due to the name alone, and the type of clients it attracts. If you are not worried about financial value then that is another thing, for instance a few years ago I wanted to be an official partner for a product, to do so I needed 100 client implementations, so off to Fivver do 100 implementations as loss leaders, and then leave and become a partner and charge the correct value.

Upvote 0

fisicx

Business Listing
    Sep 12, 2006
    Aldershot
    www.aerin.co.uk
    Launch a Wordpress plugin with a premium upgrade. People will find you, pay for the upgrade and then customisations. Very lucrative.

Fiverr is about as bad a place to be as it gets.

Upvote 0

fisicx

Business Listing
    Sep 12, 2006
    Aldershot
    www.aerin.co.uk
    Get your account ready on Fiverr then market your skill in your social media forums then keep marketing until you get maximum traffic!
    Or better still, don't go anywhere near fiverr

Upvote 0

fisicx

Business Listing
    Sep 12, 2006
    Aldershot
    www.aerin.co.uk
    Being in Fiverr gives him more options
    No it doesn’t. Fiverr is a race to the bottom. Almost everything is about cost rather than quality.

Reactions: Johnnysky
    Upvote 0

Johnnysky

Free Member
    Nov 24, 2021
    Nigeria
    No it doesn’t. Fiverr is a race to the bottom. Almost everything is about cost rather than quality.
    Now you just mentioned a problem in Fiverr, he can solve that problem by bringing quality to Fiverr this alone can make him stand out! He can bring down his cost and give people quality for there money.

This will make him standout and get more job because he knows what he is doing.
    You should know that every market place has there con men and women then you have the real people doing good business. Fiverr is no different.

Thank you

Upvote 0

fisicx

Business Listing
    Sep 12, 2006
    Aldershot
    www.aerin.co.uk
    He can bring down his cost and give people quality for there money.
    If people want quality then they should expect to pay a fair price. Reducing your rate just attracts the bottom feeders.

Fiverr is a truly awful place.

Upvote 0

Ditso

Legacy Full Member
    Apr 13, 2021
    chalkkids.co.uk
    I helped a friends daughter get started on Fiverr as a content writer as I'd used fiverr and her myself as a buyer.

This is what we did;

A great image on the advert (gig), a friendly/approachable sounding bio, that showcased her skills etc.

We worked for ages getting the wording of the gig spot on.

She offered for $5 a taster which was excellent value for the customer to try her service, with higher paying extras that could be added.

They came for the initial price and after about 12 months she had many high paying customers who willingly paid proper money for her articles. Now (about 3 years later) she has as much high paid work as she can handle.

I don't know enough about what you are offering, but if someone has a great website from you at a discount, they are unlikely to ask for 10 more regardless of how good it is.

Upvote 0
    As an independent consultant outside my current business, I have used Fiverr, Freelancer, PeoplePerHour, Upwork etc and I find them to be rather waste of time and money. The budgets they set are totally unrealistic. While I have had some lucrative clients from these websites, they are few and far between. The commission charged by these websites are usually at 20% plus VAT which is quite substantial for the low budgets set.

If you "launch" your business/product/service on these websites, you have immediately devalued the business/product/service. You must try organic efforts first, especially in web design/development.

Reactions: gpietersz
    Upvote 0

Subscribe to our newsletters

ukbf logo
    ukbf logo

Real community whatever your business.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu