Anyone have a good link in China? (guide/translator)

Discussion in 'International Business' started by tee, Jun 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tee

tee UKBF Contributor Free Member

73 3
    Hi chaps

I'm going in a few weeks and don't really have a link over there, was just wondering for any of you who have been over if you can recommend a company or if you know anyone that might assist in translating, general help getting around etc.

Many thanks

Posted: Jun 16, 2010 By: tee Member since: Oct 15, 2009
  2. AlanGNW

AlanGNW UKBF Newcomer Free Member

201 31
    I may be able to help. Whereabouts are you going?

Posted: Jun 16, 2010 By: AlanGNW Member since: Jun 3, 2010
  3. tee

73 3
    Hi, it'll be southern China i.e. Shenzhen and surrounding areas...

4. AlanGNW

201 31
    I used to import from the area and deal with someone from the area - I'll see if I can get hold of her as I've not spoken to her in a while. No promises.

Posted: Jun 16, 2010 By: AlanGNW Member since: Jun 3, 2010
  5. tee

73 3
    Would really appreciate that, let me know how it goes

6. sunny_gad

sunny_gad UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    a good link in china is alpexworld.com . they import into the UK and i had a good experience with them

Posted: Jun 16, 2010 By: sunny_gad Member since: Jun 16, 2010
  7. AlanGNW

201 31
    Sent you a PM.

Posted: Jun 17, 2010 By: AlanGNW Member since: Jun 3, 2010
  8. tee

73 3
    Hi Sunny, alpexworld are you a regular customer of these? How do you sell shop or internet..

They can't really help with what I need but thanks anyway!

Posted: Jun 17, 2010 By: tee Member since: Oct 15, 2009
  9. red-source

red-source UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

512 72
    Tee, let me know your dates etc and I will try to help. I have just waved goodbye to my agent who has been with me in the UK for a few weeks. I am due to visit soon too.

Posted: Jun 17, 2010 By: red-source Member since: May 16, 2009
  10. tee

73 3
    Hi mate, I will be going over to southern china area around the 4/5th of July for 2 weeks, plz let me know if you can help, thanks

Posted: Jun 17, 2010 By: tee Member since: Oct 15, 2009
  11. Mister B

Mister B UKBF Ace Free Member

2,488 581
    What exactly are you looking for somebody to do? Is it somebody to accompany you on factory visits or to merely act as a guide or even as an agent?

Mister B

Posted: Jun 18, 2010 By: Mister B Member since: Aug 31, 2007
  12. tee

73 3
    Mister B I'm looking for someone to assist around factories, language barriers etc. also someone who has a fairly good idea of the local area would be preferable to locate factories etc.

Posted: Jun 19, 2010 By: tee Member since: Oct 15, 2009
  13. Celeste

Celeste UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4 0
    in south of china you will get supplier eg. SHENZHEN, GUANG ZHOU,

in YIWU there is a big light industry products.

if you want to more information, you can let me know, i will provide to you.

Posted: Jun 20, 2010 By: Celeste Member since: Jun 20, 2010
  14. john a lindsay

john a lindsay UKBF Newcomer Free Member

15 5
    If you've still not got things arranged, check Linkedin where there are vast numbers of people in China offering such services

Posted: Jun 20, 2010 By: john a lindsay Member since: Apr 2, 2010
  15. jackleo

jackleo UKBF Newcomer Free Member

7 0
    hehe. I am Jack, living in china.
    I am a translator and know numerous companies.
    I have gmail. but I can not post now. "excellentknight" is the first part.
    May be you can email me first.

Posted: Jun 20, 2010 By: jackleo Member since: Jun 19, 2010
  16. Mister B

Mister B UKBF Ace Free Member

2,488 581
    I assume that you have already made contact with the factories, and if so, I assume that their sales team speak good English. If this is the case, then you probably don't need an interpreter. As for finding the factories, I always have the concierge of my hotel write the directions in Chinese for me which allows local taxi drivers to find the factory with ease.

The only time that I use translators is when I attend shows such as the Canton Fair.

Mister B

Posted: Jun 20, 2010 By: Mister B Member since: Aug 31, 2007
  17. gzf1215

gzf1215 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

19 1
    Hi, It very much depends what products or what kind of factories you are looking for. I would say most of China's industries are located along the east coast from the Bohai(Sea's name)bay to Shenzhen in China's southeast province Guangdong and along coast there are two indutrial concentrating areas. One centres around Shanghai. Jiangsu, Zhejiang and shanghai these two provinces and one city form a economic zone we Chinese call it Changjia sanjiao zhou(Yangtze River delta). The other economic zone is pearl river delta which is located in Southeast China and certred around Guangdong province and this area concentrates more than 90% of China's electronic industry. I guess these two economic zones hold most of China's exports and represent China's best industry level, also have most of the foreign investments. but as I said at the beginning, it depents what you are looking for, you defintely can't find too many heavy industries in these two places. they are more located in inland provinces or northeast China. Jiangsu has some though. I used to work in a consulting company in Shanghai and helped a British forging company source forging parts in Jiangsu. Will be glad to give a hand.

Posted: Jun 20, 2010 By: gzf1215 Member since: Jun 20, 2010
  18. sarah deng

sarah deng UKBF Newcomer Free Member

68 4
    hi. tee. this is sarah from shenzhen. we do have good reputation .our link is www.chuangyue.en.alibaba.com.

please feel free to contact me if i can do something for you

Posted: Jun 30, 2010 By: sarah deng Member since: Jun 19, 2010
  19. Xiong Yali

Xiong Yali UKBF Newcomer Free Member

44 2

hello.i am a Chinese,now i live in ShenZheng city GuangDong province,if you have any problem please contact with me.i work in a electronic company,mainly deal with foreign trades.
    i could assist in translating for you.:)

Posted: Jun 30, 2010 By: Xiong Yali Member since: Jun 25, 2010
  20. tee

73 3
    Hi all, thanks for the advice, I will be in China mid next week, my place of business has now changed to northern china around the Zhejiang province, I do however still have 1 or 2 companies down south but I'm thinking whether it is worth visiting these for logistics purposes, I've been getting some extremely cheap quotes for logistics from shenzhen to shanghai and I'm thinking they're just making them up to get me there!

Posted: Jun 30, 2010 By: tee Member since: Oct 15, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.