Anyone had a privately issued camera parking ticket?

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by fathippy, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Consistency

Consistency Banned

8,214 1,545
    Clamping the car will mean that they do not get their car back until it is paid for and that you can tow the car away and destroy it so long as there is signage there to say so. Moat residencies hope that this will not happen to them and do not have any but as parking gets harder, so will the problems.

Going back to the original post though, however supportive I may be of parking companies, I really do have an aversion to the camera ones and then a letter coming through the door. I think this is an absolute invasion of privacy as sometimes things are sensitive and someone is perhaps somewhere a member of the household should not be.

That is a matter for them but there just seems something wrong to me about the photagraphic thing. At least with a ticket on the window, the person knows it is there but with a letter two weeks later, it just does not seem right to me somehow.

Posted: Apr 26, 2011 By: Consistency Member since: May 21, 2010
  2. Consistency

Consistency Banned

8,214 1,545
    Know plenty of "Pikeys" do you? Not surpirised, a lot of scammers do!

Don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot I take it?

3. LicensedToTrade

LicensedToTrade UKBF Legend Free Member

6,330 2,143
    Exactly right, the most outrageous cases are the ones where cars are clamped because they are blocking access to something. How exactly does immobilising a vehicle help to clear the obstruction?

As has been suggested before by me, Atilla and others, if you own a car park and don't want people to overstay their welcome then you erect bollards and automated barriers, that way you can charge people for the time they have used your facility. As for 'why should they have to invest this money' the answer is simple: it was their choice to enter into this business.

Posted: Apr 26, 2011 By: LicensedToTrade Member since: Nov 7, 2009
  4. daniel.benson

daniel.benson UKBF Enthusiast Full Member - Verified Business

618 112
    A comment to the camera ticketing, in the freedom bill they are putting a stop to it and the parking companies will have to place the ticket on the vehicle. :)

Posted: Apr 26, 2011 By: daniel.benson Member since: Nov 16, 2010
  5. daniel.benson

618 112
    If they are blocking access they are removed,

As said before by me barrier systems cost thousands to install and maintain why should a land owner have to shell out to stop the selfish parker? The only way a landowner would get back the cost of installing such a system would be to charge people higher fees to park.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  6. LicensedToTrade

6,330 2,143
    Come on consistency, what does the bible say? Let those without sin cast the first stone? You don't know Atilla, you cannot call him a scammer based on his comments in this thread. If you are 1% of the christian you claim to be you might try living as one.

7. Atilla

Atilla UKBF Ace Free Member

1,070 191
    Oh dear, another sense of humour failure.

Posted: Apr 26, 2011 By: Atilla Member since: Aug 25, 2008
  8. Consistency

Consistency Banned

8,214 1,545
    No, I do not know Atilla and the reason I refer to him as a Scammer is because he is the one who is saying the parking companies are scammers without knowing them.

I am talking about being legal and he then talks about going to pikeys. There seems to be a bit of hypocrisy there.

9. LicensedToTrade

6,330 2,143
    As I said before... because they decided to operate a car park....

Getting all of your staff CRB checked is expensive, what if the local children's nursery decided they didn't want to bother with the expense of vetting their employees? Would that be reasonable? No because they chose to get into that business.

10. Consistency

Consistency Banned

8,214 1,545
    Well then if Atilla, meant it as a sense of humour I misinterpreted it and apologise. I am a bit dry!

11. Atilla

1,070 191
    Keeps our industry in business though. :D

12. daniel.benson

618 112
    So what about residential car parks in towns or the small shop at the end of the road or better yet the disabled bay at the doctors?

Or even my business which I don't provide parking for anyone apart from my staff why should I shell out thousands to stop you parking on my spot?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  13. Atilla

1,070 191
    Stop spouting tosh.
    Have you bothered to look into this issue?
    Have you played the game with these low life?
    Have you checked companies house and the accounts of these low life?

I suggest you do a bit of homework first before posting silly comments

14. Atilla

1,070 191
    No worries.

15. LicensedToTrade

6,330 2,143
    I think Atilla was joking about the Pikeys (everyone knows they only steal lead these days!).

The difference between Atilla describing the parking companies as scammers and you describing Atilla as a scammer is that there is notable and voluminous public evidence to suggest that they are scammers, yet only MI5 has such voluminous information as to Atilla's behaviour. :D

16. Atilla

1,070 191
    Just because i attended Finsbury Park mosque. :rolleyes:

17. LicensedToTrade

6,330 2,143
    What exactly is a residential car park in towns? If you are referring to town car parks then they are usually a different matter as they will most likely be managed by the council who DO have the right to issue parking notices.

The small shop at the end of the road in my opinion never bothers to provide any parking and so most customers tend to be forced into pulling up at the side of the road, rushing in to come back and find a parking notice issues by the council parking wardens...cheers.

As for the disabled spot at the doctors, I've not once in this entire thread suggested that people who park in disabled spots deserve anything other than being towed away. If you are daft enough to park in a disabled spot then you deserve what is coming to you. Hwever, from a purely legal point of view, I'm not sure if a disabled bay, as designated by a private land owner, actually means anything? I'm happy to be correct on this if anyone knows?

18. daniel.benson

618 112
    Correct me if I'm wrong but why don't we like clampers or parking tickets?

Its because we don't like to pay for being in the wrong. You call these people scammers for doing the same job as the council, the only thing I can see they are doing wrong is charging excessive fees and incorrect signage sometimes?

Clamping may be on its way out but ticketing is hear to stay and as the government say they have a legal obligation to protect land owners that is why they are taking steps to legalise ticketing/charging or whatever on private land it may not be today or next year but at some point there will be more regulation and the private parking companies are hear to stay weather we like it or not.

19. LicensedToTrade

6,330 2,143
    Whatever you say Hamza Hookhand.

20. LicensedToTrade

6,330 2,143
    All these comments back and forward and you have just managed to summarise my entire position in this post!

Why should they be allowed to do the same job as the council and the police? If I were to enforce my own style of vigilante justice on the local drug dealers I would be doing the same job as the police...but the law says I'm not allowed to lock people in my cell anymore.

Yes they charge EXCESSIVE fees. They don't pursue individuals for the money they have lost or the money that should have been paid for the duration of their parking, they instead charge amounts that represent 10 or 20 times the appropriate amount.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.