Anyone got any idea's to market my business?

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by Greig, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greig

Greig UKBF Newcomer

224 0
    Just wondered if anyone has any idea's on how I could market/promote my business.
    I'm just interested to hear other people's idea's.

Thanks Greig
    :roll: :roll:

Posted: Jan 6, 2006 By: Greig Member since: Nov 12, 2005
  2. Cornish Steve

Cornish Steve UKBF Legend

12,929 1,906
    I spent about a minute at your site to get a feel for what you offer. That's not enough time to really understand your business model, but a thought did come to mind.

You mention that you provide service on land and in the air. Rather than focus on the mode of transport, what about positioning yourself as a form of "human FedEx": "No matter where you are and where you want to go, we'll get you there within four hours." You could break the country into zones and offer a time guarantee based on inter-zone or intra-zone travel.

In the end, people don't care so much about how they travel. Ultimately, they care about how long it will take to get somewhere - and how much it will cost. Focus on that.

Posted: Jan 6, 2006 By: Cornish Steve Member since: Jul 4, 2005
  3. JustOneUK

JustOneUK UKBF Legend

3,506 267
    a)what's your budget?
    b)didn't you post this question already?

Posted: Jan 7, 2006 By: JustOneUK Member since: Nov 19, 2005
  4. Greig

Greig UKBF Newcomer

224 0
    a) Max £1000 per month
    b) Maybe :wink: :wink:

Thanks

Posted: Jan 7, 2006 By: Greig Member since: Nov 12, 2005
  5. ignite msc

ignite msc UKBF Newcomer

5 0
    If you let us have a few more details we should be able to put together a few ideas for you.

Email [email protected]

Posted: Jan 9, 2006 By: ignite msc Member since: Jan 9, 2006
  6. Tin

Tin Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️

2,806 1,427
    Hi Greig

Where do you think your customers are coming from ie; traditional media marketing like on-topic magazines, articles, newspaper features etc or the Internet via search engines?

If it's the Internet then I can certainly help, if the others then I can't but there's a few folk on here who will definitely be able to assist you in that area.
    Good luck anyway.

Ray :)

Posted: Jan 9, 2006 By: Tin Member since: Nov 14, 2005
  7. Pebble Communications

Pebble Communications UKBF Newcomer

461 0
    Hi,

Firstly I think you need to spell out your services a little more obviously on your website.

Then with a £1000 a month budget you should be able to do some decent marketing. I would use a mixture of advertising, on-line promotion and PR for your company.

If you want to send me some more details I could put together a proposal for you, or get in touch for a discussion on it all.

Fiona Bailey
    Pebble Communications

Posted: Jan 9, 2006 By: Pebble Communications Member since: Jan 7, 2006
  8. 10 Yetis

10 Yetis UKBF Ace

2,369 144
    hmm, yours looks a really interesting business.

You will now get swamped with proposals and ideas from us marketing/pr luvvies but here is my 2 penneth worth, all as a result of reading your site.

You are targetting high net worth customers (yep, i can be expected to appear on mastermind soon!), so you should straight away see if you could strike up any strategic marketing partnerships with other high net worth brands... you could do reciprical advertising with them (subtly, not blatant ads all over the jets).

You should target some national mags for PR that have a high net worth readership, but look at this from a lateral angle, i.e. not just "ok" and those sort, but mags like, "country living" and a few of the Cotswold Life style mags. I

f you could afford it I would suggest inviting a few of the editors from the highest circulating mags to sample your service, maybe take them to an event, or something like fly them to a restaurant in france etc. This would then mean they are more likely to use your press releases in the future and the chances are they would even mention your company in the future.

I would suggest also an assault on "city" press using case studies of satisfied city clients or organisations. e.g. if you could get a few case studies of companies who use your services and who do so because of the time saving element, then this would interest other potential clients when they read about it.

You will notice that I have not mentioned ads... to be honest, the type of mags you need to target are probably out of the budget range at the moment so PR is probably the best bet until you have sufficient revenue so as to allow for big ad spends. At that stage though I would suggest targeting broadsheet press.

Oh yeah, and maybe a PR idea to get you started and get you some coverage... all the swampy's :D out there moan about our "carbon footprints", especially from planes... why not do a gimmick release such as your company promises to plant 5 trees every time your book a flight. If that is a little costly (i don't know how much trees cost), then find something else suitably eco friendly.

These are just some initial ideas to get you started. If you want to chat any of them through, either PM, phone, email, shout or yodel...

p.s. sorry if my reference to "swampy" or the environment in a flippant way causes any offence... it is meant as a joke. :D

Posted: Jan 10, 2006 By: 10 Yetis Member since: Nov 3, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.