Anybody dealt with 'PaymentSense' Merchant Co???

Discussion in 'Retail' started by Stevie Wonder, Feb 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloudPursuit

CloudPursuit UKBF Newcomer

3 0
    Simon :) Realised that after posting!

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 By: CloudPursuit Member since: Aug 18, 2014
  2. primed101

primed101 UKBF Newcomer

5 0
    In line with what many other people have said on this thread, I was promised that our contract would be 18 months not 5 years. I have said that I will honour the 18 months because that was what I agreed to (verbal discussions regarding sale can be taken as being part of the contract as much as the written part of the contract)

I have written to PS and asked them to send me the transcripts from phone conversations that I had with the sales person. I actually know the date and the time. I have sent two letters (recorded delivery) and have had no reply. In these conversations it is quite clear what the rep said and since it is a financial transaction, PS have to keep the recordings.

I fully expect PS to get a debt collection company involved and I am absolutely determined to fight this all the way to the financial ombudsman (and court) if necessary.

I have been in touch with Rogue Traders and newspaper consumer writers and had a sympathetic hearing.

The real shame of the matter is that we have been with our current merchant provider for over 15 years, and if it was not for this devious and underhand sales tactics, we would probably have continued with them for quite a few years at least and in the long run they would have made much, much more from the commissions earned from us than the short term signing on profit.

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 By: primed101 Member since: Jun 11, 2014
  3. CloudPursuit

CloudPursuit UKBF Newcomer

3 0
    Thanks Primed101,

All I would like to do is bring few aspects to any potential new customer who is thinking about taking PS as their gateway/merchant account.

For eCommerce, there are two packages. Starter and Pro. £14.95 and £19.95. On their website, PS mentions that Merchant Account is included. They also mentioned 'one fixed monthly fee' and 'zero commitment' on both packages.

Truth is that:
    - You would pay £14.95 for the gateway and min £14.95 minimum processing fee for merchant account. So if you take their package, you will pay min £14.95 x 2 + VAT.
    - Zero Commitment is 90 day notice.

So, I would urge all who are considering PS to read the fine print and understand minimum charges before signing up.

Sales is pushy, tricky, somewhat covert and will not tell you 100% truth about this. Once you sign-up, forget about expecting any response to your issues.

We are PS customer and we have decided to switch to other providers. 15+ days w/o any response to emails to their customer services. Four phone calls when you end up repeating the issue to their reps from start. No acknowledgement to any complaints via email yet. No acknowledge to the cancellation request yet.

Hope this helps!

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 By: CloudPursuit Member since: Aug 18, 2014
  4. LMDServicesUK

LMDServicesUK Barking Mad - Home Boarding for Dogs Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

961 116
    Primed101
    If you are a Sole trader or a Partnership your FDGL terminal lease is governed under the 1974 Consumer Credit Act, which allows you to exit the lease after 18 months subject to a restocking fee.

If you are a Private Limited Company THERE IS NO early release option, so if you have signed a 36, 48 or 60 month lease agreement, and you choose to terminate it early, you will be liable for the remaining lease charges, just like any other leasing agreement.

This is very clearly stated on the first page of the leasing agreement, and if it was not clearly explained to you when you first discussed your requirements with PS, that is an error on their part.

However as I have said many many times if you are signing any form of Business contract with PS or any other Merchant Services Provider, and you are not sure about something, then seek clarification before you sign the agreement.

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 By: LMDServicesUK Member since: Apr 18, 2013
  5. primed101

primed101 UKBF Newcomer

5 0
    Thank you for your reply.

I was told time and again that the contract was 18 months. I clarified this several times. The sales rep knew our legal status (we provided bank statements, merchant statements, invoices etc). Don't take my word for it, let's check the phone recordings.

I wanted to check the contract and was advised that the online signing was just to set up the account and the original would be posted to me. I took the sales rep word, not think for one minute that all he was interested in was to get his commission.

The difference between signing a normal lease agreement and this agreement, is that when you are given false information and you use that to sign a contract, then as far as I am concerned, that contract is not valid.

I appreciate your prompt reply, but strange, how letters that I have sent have not been acknowledged or replied to.

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 By: primed101 Member since: Jun 11, 2014
  6. LMDServicesUK

Contributor

961 116
    Tx Primed101

Pls PM me your details so i can escalate within HO again, and can you confirm what type of Legal Entity your Business is ?

Whilst I am not a direct employee of PS, my business sells PS products and services so if something goes wrong for one of our Merchants, I will always see if I can help get it put right, if PS or FD are at fault.

Happy Merchants refer new prospects to you, unhappy ones do not, hence my trying to assist where I can

Kind regards

Mark

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 By: LMDServicesUK Member since: Apr 18, 2013
  7. m71

m71 UKBF Newcomer

1 1
    My experience with payment sense as a company has been very frustrating. I signed with them and suddenly started getting invoice for services l didn't request for and had to call to complain almost on a weekly basis. In space of 3 weeks received 3 separate invoices that made it very expensive - capped rate fee (for signing a fixed contract) so why sign a fixed rate in the first instance, then another invoice for client-line fee, then received boxes of till rolls that l didn't order for which cost twice the market price.
    I read my contract before signing and queried all the extras and requested l did not need them yet they were all added. My advice is look for another supplier that is more transparent. Sometimes the big company may charge a bit higher at least you know what you are getting

Posted: Oct 7, 2014 By: m71 Member since: Oct 7, 2014
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. LMDServicesUK

Contributor

961 116
    Contact PS Customer Services on 020 8962 5455 they should be able to cancel the service elements you no longer require (or did not realise you had signed up for..) e.g. ClientLine and the Till Roll Service.

Re the Capped (not Fixed) Rate fee, that should have been explained to you at the time you signed up the service, and it is designed to protect you from future increases in acquiring rates, as it is an open secret in our Industry that once the BoE starts to move the Base Rate, all the MSP's will move their rates up as well, the capped rate option will provide you protection from such future increases..

All these items would have been shown on the MSA contract agreement you signed, so I am surprised that you did not notice them at the time you signed ?

Mark

Posted: Oct 7, 2014 By: LMDServicesUK Member since: Apr 18, 2013
  9. smudger1234

smudger1234 UKBF Newcomer

1 0
    I'm finding Payment Sense to be the most the most ridiculous and frustrating company I've ever had to deal with.
    I've been miss sold four merchant accounts when I only needed one, on top of that they within a few days have stripped my account of way over £200 for the accounts I don't need, on top of that and crucially the gateway does not work with a single page checkout!

I have been passed to their development team who are equally as bad at getting back to customers as the customers services team. After a month they replied saying they still can't fix the issues.

They have sold me a product not fit for purpose and taken my money, they don't answer the phone (you're felt listening to their answer machine) they take a great deal of time to reply to emails if they reply at all.

I have directly asked them to refund me and cancel the account, I've have no refund and no reply... Does anyone know what I should do next to recover my money and costs?

Posted: Dec 29, 2014 By: smudger1234 Member since: Dec 16, 2014
  10. GPHO

GPHO UKBF Newcomer

5 1
    My experience with these people led me to cancel my direct debit mandate just to be absolutely sure they couldn't get any more of my money. They claim my company owes them for cancellation fees so I know there's no chance of getting back the money I have paid them. To make sure they couldn't get any more I folded my company. A drastic move but I am now so deeply suspicious of them that I had to be sure they cannot get any more money from me, whatever they try to do. I believe they will take from you whatever they think they legally can, regardless of whether that is fair or not. I would urge to take whatever steps you need to prevent that happening.

Posted: Dec 29, 2014 By: GPHO Member since: Apr 5, 2013
  11. promdressers

promdressers Contributor

196 44
    When I owned a retail store my biggest bugbear was credit card charges and fees.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not recall charges coming down when the BOE rate collapsed?
    The banking industry, IMO, is a world of parasites.

Posted: Dec 30, 2014 By: promdressers Member since: Aug 14, 2013
  12. EdgePS

EdgePS UKBF Newcomer

1 0
    These are by far one of he worst companies I have ever dealt with. I have been trying to get them to reply to an email for 6 days now about the end of the contract. We are coming up to the five years and I want to know if there is a time limit to let them know we want to end it and also if there will be a fee, because this company seem to be determined to get a fee out of you one way or the other. The 020 number is no longer valid and you have to ring an 0845 number, which costs money, and surprise surprise you are kept on hold for ages. All in all their customer service is terrible and I can't wait to get rid of them.

Posted: Jan 14, 2015 By: EdgePS Member since: Jan 14, 2015
  13. LMDServicesUK

Contributor

961 116
    Hi Edge PS,

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble contacting our CS team, I have asked a member of our CS / Retentions team to contact you to discuss your situation and provide you options now you are approaching the end of your initial contract period.

However if you could PM me with your MID this will help us identify you and then ensure whoever contacts you has your details available to them re your existing contract.

Posted: Jan 15, 2015 By: LMDServicesUK Member since: Apr 18, 2013
  14. BenKirkwood

BenKirkwood Contributor

294 48
    Edge PS I've sent you a PM so I can help resolve this for you.

Posted: Jan 15, 2015 By: BenKirkwood Member since: Aug 4, 2010
  15. Ann White

Ann White UKBF Newcomer

3 0
    There seems to be so many people saying how good Payment Sense are and yet I am having problems with them and cannot seem to get them to do what I need. I have random amounts on the bank statement which do not refer to the merchant machine/till receipt. It takes me hours to sort out and am becoming very frustrated. Has anyone else had this problem please and what did you do about it, so that the payments agree with the till receipt.

Posted: Jun 8, 2015 By: Ann White Member since: Jun 8, 2015
  16. LMDServicesUK

Contributor

961 116
    Hi Anne

Which charges are you struggling to reconcile as there will be other charges besides your merchant Acquiring fees.

Also when you receive incoming payments they will be grouped into a single batch payment by the day they were authorised, so if you took say 5 payments in a day for
    £ 10 each they would be consolidated into a single payment of £ 50 to your bank account.

Have you raised a case with our CS team at all, If not please call them on 0845 434 3001, and they will see what they can do to assist you.

Posted: Jun 8, 2015 By: LMDServicesUK Member since: Apr 18, 2013
  17. Ann White

Ann White UKBF Newcomer

3 0
    Yes ever since we had the machine if there was £1500 taken in the day then a random figure like 785 turns up on the bank statement. It has got worse and worse. Now I only get 1 day when the days takings match the bank. Tried my best to get it to work but am so fed up with now.

18. LMDServicesUK

Contributor

961 116
    Hi Ann

Please raise a call with our CS team as mentioned before ( 0845 434 3001), as something sounds out of whack, are you undertaking the End of Day procedure, on a daily basis ?

Do you know what Banking window you have been allocated ?

Our Cs team should be able to investigate on your behalf.

Kind regards

Mark

Posted: Jun 8, 2015 By: LMDServicesUK Member since: Apr 18, 2013
  19. BenKirkwood

BenKirkwood Contributor

294 48
    Hi Ann,

Our new CS number is free: 0800 103 2959
    You might also get the information on our help center
    Any problems, I'd be happy to refer you directly to someone in CS that can help, just drop me a PM.

Ben

Posted: Jun 8, 2015 By: BenKirkwood Member since: Aug 4, 2010
  20. Ann White

Ann White UKBF Newcomer

3 0
    I feel silly here but what's a PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.