Anybody dealt with 'PaymentSense' Merchant Co???

Discussion in 'Retail' started by Stevie Wonder, Feb 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LMDServicesUK

LMDServicesUK Barking Mad - Home Boarding for Dogs Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

961 116
    Can we please clarify this misleading statement re Paymentsense / FDMS.
    Paymentsense is NOT FDMS, it is not owned by FDMS it is a totally separate company to FDMS.

First Data Merchant Solutions is a Merchant Services Provider that Paymentsense resells the services of, as do other companies.

I have explained this subtle but important difference in some detail on previous posts.

Paymentsense and FDMS are separate companies, you can buy services directly from FDMS or go through one of their Partners like Paymentsense.

We have no control as to what information FDMS choose to post on their website..

Posted: Jun 24, 2014 By: LMDServicesUK Member since: Apr 18, 2013
  2. timepiece

timepiece UKBF Newcomer

16 1
    I care not what their relationship is. They work closely together, they support each others product, and when a sales rep sells their products as a combined package, who owns who really does not matter.

Posted: Jun 24, 2014 By: timepiece Member since: Apr 28, 2014
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. LMDServicesUK

Contributor

961 116
    Yes you are correct they do work closely, as I have explained before, PS is a Sales Channel for FDMS but that does not mean that they sell exactly the same solutions that FDMS sells directly.

The most recent post suggested that you post a link as to where the 12m contract claim was made by Paymentsense, in support of your previous posts, so you quoted an FDMS website as your source, which is fine as FDMS DO offer 12m contracts.

Paymentsense have never offered a 12 m contract for terminal leases or Merchant services contracts period, please just accept this as fact, and stop trying to claim otherwise.

4. LMDServicesUK

Contributor

961 116
    The only thing that Paymentsense provides for a 12m term is a premium advertising bolt on package, (FoC) and we also pay our Merchants PCI Management fees for the 12 months of their contracts with us.

Perhaps the confusion arose from these additional items which Paymentsense would have provided to you as part of your overall package ?

5. timepiece

timepiece UKBF Newcomer

16 1
    Ok, I am moving house this weekend, so I have little time for this. I do not have a post count of 30 or more so I cannot post links.

My complaint is quite simple...

1/ That representatives of Payment Sense acted in a dishonest and underhanded manner. They hid within pages and pages of electronic data a 5 year contract while telling me verbally, both on the phone and during 2 face to face meetings that the contract was for 12 months.

If you go to review center and search paymentsense you will see that out of 48 impartial reviews, 40 note that they have experienced the same dishonesty that I have.

If you go to the website of the governments Better Regulation Service, you will also see that payment sense are being investigated by their team for similar underhanded behavior.

2/ That Payment Sense, and its partner companies treated me in a disrespectful and threatening manner when I tried to address the issue, taking funds out of my bank account (that were returned by my bank) for a full 6 months after I canceled the direct debit and wrote to them instructing them that I no longer gave them authority to do so.

Now Mr PaymentSense, over to my thoughts on you. You clearly have a financial relationship with Payment Sense, so your defense of their products cannot be seen as impartial, in fact it is anything but.

Each time you reference the contracts or remind me that I should of read the small print, you sound like a dishonest sales person selling dodgy motors... aint my fault govner, should a read the small print...

I will not be replying to you again, this is getting a bit boring !

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
    Posted: Jun 25, 2014 By: timepiece Member since: Apr 28, 2014
  6. deniser

deniser Contributor

8,078 1,702
    Timepiece, I can quite believe this as I also found different figures in the electronic contract for online payment services to those I had been given in writing beforehand.

The online contract prompts you to click on the signature boxes and as soon as you click on the last one, the contract is whisked away. I had planned to query the figures but suddenly it was too late; there was no final button to press to complete. Neither could the contract be amended. It says everyone who is a party to it will get a copy of the signed agreement by email but I didn't and my requests for a copy were met with silence. Luckily I had printed out a copy beforehand so I have the agreement to refer to but I bet most people won't have done this.

My requests to amend the figures have also drawn a total blank on the basis that it was too late, I had signed the electronic contract, despite my providing email correspondence as to what had been agreed.

When you then activate the account another set of T&Cs pops up on screen which you are required to confirm - I read them - they are incomplete, refer to parts of the website which you can't see until you have confirmed acceptance of the conditions, say that all previous agreements will be superseded and in parts contradict the electronic agreement.

The whole system is unsatisfactory given that I actually read all the small print and was still caught out!

Posted: Jun 25, 2014 By: deniser Member since: Jun 3, 2008
  7. mhall

mhall Contributor

2,520 1,120
    There are words and then there is the truth. Payment Sense staff DO sell "12 months deals". They don't say - "It's a 12 month deal but you will be signing for a 5 year contract with someone else for the actual machine" They then, quite truthfully say that they don't offer 12 month lease options - it's all designed to confuse.

Posted: Jun 25, 2014 By: mhall Member since: Sep 8, 2009
  8. kelvin1950

kelvin1950 Contributor

1,226 398
    Fascinates me that the geezer from payment sense who is "investigating" all the complaints has never come back and said what the outcome of any of these complaints was.

Posted: Jun 25, 2014 By: kelvin1950 Member since: Jul 19, 2011
  9. LMDServicesUK

Contributor

961 116
    Hi Timepiece

Tx for finally clearly summarising your concerns with your PS agreement, can I again suggest that you PM Ben Kirkwood (a PS Senior Manager and a member of this forum ) and he will update you as to the progress of the investigation of your complaints as originally raised..

And as I have suggested before perhaps you would like to post the outcome of your discussions with Ben to date ?

Deniser
    If you have not received an email copy of all the agreements you signed please PM your MID details, and I will raise the issue with HO for you to get the documents sent out. They are supposed to be issued immediately the e-sig is signed by yourself and accepted by PS.

mhall,
    Please stop promoting this line about 12 m contracts, PS DO NOT offer 12m contracts for Merchant Services or Card terminals, I wish we did !

Please do however post the evidence to support your statements and at least you will then give PS an opportunity to address the matter accordingly.

I like Timepiece will now consider this thread concluded, until such time as Timepiece can updates us as to progress..

PS Hope your house move goes smoothly

Posted: Jun 25, 2014 By: LMDServicesUK Member since: Apr 18, 2013
  10. kelvin1950

kelvin1950 Contributor

1,226 398

And there we have it. I actually believed you when you said you didn't work for them. :rolleyes:

11. LMDServicesUK

Contributor

961 116
    Hi Kelvin

Correct I don't work for PS, however I do resell their services ( amongst other services), and I do wish I could sell a 12 m contract, as others have said not everyone wants to sign up for a min of 3 years..

12. kelvin1950

kelvin1950 Contributor

1,226 398
    That's not how it looks to me, nor I suspect to many others. It's the word WE that gives it away.

13. LMDServicesUK

Contributor

961 116
    Use of the word WE in this context was perfectly valid as I do RESELL Paymentsense services, but I am not directly employed by them. They are but one of a number of Organisations that I resell the services of.

Mark

14. kelvin1950

kelvin1950 Contributor

1,226 398
    I resell chocolate made by Cadbury but when I talk about it and the manufacturer, I use the word them not we.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. mhall

mhall Contributor

2,520 1,120
    Ok, I didn't say Payment Sense offered 12 month contracts, I said that Payment Sense staff sell 12 month deals. One of the problems of having unregulated, commission only sales people I guess - they say what they can to get the deal. We left Payment Sense some years ago for just that reason. Pity really because they have the potential to be up front, open and honest and a real alternative to the banks. Nothing I have read or heard about them since gives me any reason to think they have done anything to control the sales process. I wish they would.

Posted: Jun 25, 2014 By: mhall Member since: Sep 8, 2009
  16. LMDServicesUK

Contributor

961 116
    Fair comment, (should have read your post more carefully..) :oops:

I also agree with you, which is why the Business will take action where it uncovers such cases, and these comments are reviewed by senior people in PS, so that where we get it wrong action can be taken.

But like all things in life please do not assume that we are all promoting such bad practices, as I will not and do not, I would rather walk away from a sale if the Merchant was not completely happy with what I had offered them. A happy customer will give you referrals an unhappy one will not.

Simples.

17. Paul Brooke

Paul Brooke Contributor

157 27
    If you are looking for excellent rates but with only a 12 month rolling contract then please pm me. I am not in this business but I know a lovely woman that is and she would be only to pleased to sort out something for anyone that needs/wants to change merchants

Posted: Jun 25, 2014 By: Paul Brooke Member since: Mar 8, 2011
  18. ragtime27

ragtime27 UKBF Newcomer

9 0
    i've had a few quotes recently i name few AIBM,paymentsense,cardsave and strangely streamline even both owned by worldpay,barclays,syemour direct,acceptcard...etc.
    none of them offered me a 12 months contract,i guess it is very uncommon and the shorter the contract the more you pay(correct me if i'm wrong).

I wouldn't dare to say which was the best offer,not to drift away from the subject and upsetting some people :)

Posted: Jul 8, 2014 By: ragtime27 Member since: Jun 10, 2014
  19. CloudPursuit

CloudPursuit UKBF Newcomer

3 0
    Has anyone dealt with PaymentSense. We are keen to know your experience.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
    Posted: Aug 18, 2014 By: CloudPursuit Member since: Aug 18, 2014
  20. simon field

simon field Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

5,452 2,038
    Why not read the thread?

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 By: simon field Member since: Feb 4, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.