Any feedback appreciated...

fisicx

Business Listing
Sep 12, 2006
Aldershot
www.aerin.co.uk
There is a lot fluff and waffle on the site.

What I really want to see is a list of the services you offer and links to pages that have more information about that service. And on that page I want a contact form and your phone number.

What I do see is a splash screen suggesting I'm worried about my accounts (which I'm not) and an invitation so see how I can help.

I clicked on some of your services and nothing happened - the splash screen just sat there. After a while I realized I needed to scroll down to see the content. And it was just waffle, it didn't tell me anything useful and didn't convince me you can sort out my VAT or Payroll.

What matters is the content not the theme you use. If you strip away the fancy imagery and trendy styling there is very little left. It reads like a glossy corporate brochure. If you kept it really simple and just told me what you can do for me then I might be convinced to pick up the phone.

I looked at your quote form and it's awful. Why so complicated? Just put the whole form on one page so I can see all the questions and use a bit of JS to change the quote depending on my selections.

Reading between the lines, all you seem to offer is the same as thousands of other accountants. You say: 'Have you really got time to travel to your accountant several times a year?', I don't know anyone who does this anymore.

It's just all too complicated and fussy and doesn't work well on a small screen.

Sorry to be so negative but if I weren't doing a review I wouldn't have bothered with much past the homepage and would more likely have gone back to Google.

Upvote 0

fisicx

Business Listing
Sep 12, 2006
Aldershot
www.aerin.co.uk
The splash screens/hero banners are in the way of everything.

I clicked on this link: http://rymerassociates.co.uk/hmrc-charges-chartered-engineer-40k-tax-mistake/ and all I can see is this: http://rymerassociates.co.uk/wp-con...winchester-basingstoke-camberley-1024x379.png. I have to scroll down to read the blog post. And that particular blog post doesn't show accountant in a good light as they made a cock-up and the business owner ended up out of pocket. Is this normal for accountant?

In the top bar the facebook and twitter links are broken - both try to make a phone call.

Why do feel the need to link form the site to Facebook or Twitter? Surely you want traffic to flow in the opposite direction. In any case, FB is just a feed from your blog posts and twitter just tells me to be happy it's Friday.

Upvote 0

Rymer Associates

Free Member
Sep 16, 2016
I would like to see a minimum price per month stated clearly on your website without having to go through the quote system.

This is a great idea! The quote system can be slightly long winded as it depends on what services clients require, and this could encourage people to call instead.

Upvote 0

Rymer Associates

Free Member
Sep 16, 2016
In the top bar the facebook and twitter links are broken - both try to make a phone call.

Why do feel the need to link form the site to Facebook or Twitter? Surely you want traffic to flow in the opposite direction. In any case, FB is just a feed from your blog posts and twitter just tells me to be happy it's Friday.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback. I've passed your facebook/twitter issue to our web developer

Upvote 0

fisicx

Business Listing
Sep 12, 2006
Aldershot
www.aerin.co.uk
This is a great idea! The quote system can be slightly long winded as it depends on what services clients require, and this could encourage people to call instead.
But if you did as I suggested and have a single form then the amount on display all the time - a simple bit of JS will update the amount as options are selected or deselected

The FB/twitter thing is a tiny minor thing - there are some fundamental issues with the site that can't be fixed with a few cosmetic changes.

I'd put money on them developing the layout first, you all signing it off and then trying to fit the content. This never works. The design should begin with the content and then you develop a theme that wraps round the content.

For example, the homepage should simply list the services on offer. Visitors to the site will want to see this first before committing to a quote form or getting in contact.

And consider the images you have chosen. They are all obvious stock images which means none of them portray you or your clients. Which means credibility is lost.

Upvote 0

Subscribe to our newsletters

Real community whatever your business.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu