Amazon discussion

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by Ray272, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Ray272

Ray272 UKBF Regular Free Member

352 52
    Ok so here's a few questions I'd appreciate some valuable input.

One of our suppliers/partners creates a product then discontinues it in favour of a more compatible upgrade.

So an example.

He creates a windows compatible device then he discontinues that product and launches a new one on Amazon in its place which may be Win/Mac compatible.

So this Q4 his sales fell by 37% YOY and he reports an increase in ACOS from 28% to 50%.

So his solution is to now get a new range in place under a different name which this time will be brand registered.

Surely this cannot be right surely he is making mistakes and this 3rd relaunch is to try to get that initial new product glorification amazon provides?

To me, it's like he cannot get past 1st base and maybe he needs to diversify his marketing spend from inside amzn and try outside landing on the inside?

We got a few amazon centric sellers on USA so would it not be worth keeping ng both brands live. Brand current for resellers and brand NEW just in house?

Our companies sales have also took around a 30% hit and I'm sure others are hit as hard if not harder. He's on US too so he's been HIT.

Surely that also explains why ACOS has gone up and his ad spend has put him in negative?

I think we should keep all brands and variants running and just see it as a waste.

I reckon we should target other sellers with these discon products and provide exclusive opps on amzn.

We got some very decent orders by promising max 6 resellers and now we have an opportunity to give them exclusively and our guy just thinks we need to relaunch under a new brand and abandon this old brand which cannot be brand registered.

Amy ideas,welcome

Posted: Dec 3, 2020 By: Ray272 Member since: Jul 5, 2017
  2. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

27,415 3,367
    Why are you involved?

Posted: Dec 3, 2020 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  3. Ray272

352 52
    I have spoken to you before and made a big effort with my post and you answer my post with a question which is completely irrelevant and yet it is already answered.

Add some value please, that's the point of the forum.

Of course I know these discussions are limited here so I also use quora which is a great tool.

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 By: Ray272 Member since: Jul 5, 2017
  4. kulture

kulture UKBF Legend Staff Member

8,198 2,282
    I have read your post three times and still do not understand it. I do not understand why you are involved. I do not understand your point. I do not understand why a perceived failure of a supplier matters to you. It is a matter of perspective. What is your relationship with this supplier and this product? Why does their actions affect you?

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 By: kulture Member since: Aug 11, 2007
  5. Ray272

352 52

It's irrelevant but here is a more basic explanation of the situation.

Chinese factories build product and sell to multiple companies who normally rebrand the product. Some also sell direct too using their own brand.

If you have the ability to be the factory would it not make more sense to build products for both b2b and b2c channels and then you have offerings for your b2c and you can service a b2b market?

I do not understand how my position is relevant. They are questions I just thought I could get answers for. Seems there are two members maybe more who believe my position in the matter is relevant to the questions?

Having a bad

6. Mr D

27,415 3,367
    Not seeing how the post is irrelevant.
    Supplier has a problem. Supplier chooses to do something.

You just do not mention why you are involved. Could understand if the supplier came on here raising the issue. But not sure why you want to decide stuff for them.

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  7. Ray272

352 52
    Don't worry about what I do, Instead to solve your own issue, imagine there are two directors and one of them is addressing concerns over the others strategies and looking for possible alternative options to move forward as has been proposed here already.

Hope that solves your concern, btw feel free to message me directly if you are ever concerned that your anonymous postings may be scrutinised as a fake profile.

I guess that last comment leads the way for you to go off topic.

Or you could imagine the scenario proposed and be a professional.

8. Mr D

27,415 3,367
    Ah I get it. You want to interfere in someone else's decisions because you disagree with them.

How does that work out when some other company disagrees with your decision?

You come on posting a confusing initial post about another company - I would hope anyone would question you.
    Two of us did. Perhaps everyone else got what you meant beyond the words you used? But just did not want to comment.

Posted: Dec 4, 2020 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017