Amazing Creations Unleashes Swaddleaze Sleeping Bag/Swaddle

Discussion in 'Press Releases' started by caroline, Mar 24, 2006.

1. caroline

caroline UKBF Newcomer Free Member

220 0
    Amazing Creations Unleashes Swaddleaze Sleeping Bag/Swaddle Combo – the Choice of Celebs

30 March 2006 - Press Dispensary - Amazing Creations (http://www.amazingcreations.co.uk), an Essex-based online retailer of baby goods, is launching as the European distributor for Swaddleaze - an award-winning, luxury sleeping bag and swaddle combo chosen by celebrities in Hollywood.

The Swaddleaze has become the latest stellar swag in America after being hand-picked by celeb insider Jayneoni, while its inventor, Heather Allard, was invited to a pre-Oscars party. Swaddleaze has also been chosen by Melissa Joan Hart (Sabrina the teenage witch) for her seven week old son, Mason; Louis Lombardi (The Sopranos) with his pregnant fiancée; and Golden Globe winner, Angela Bassett, who chose two for her five week old babies. The product has also been supplied to A-listers such as Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, who are expecting a baby in June 06, as well as Matt and Luciana Damon and Brooke Shields.

The height of comfort, safety and style for little ones, Swaddleaze is two products rolled into one - a swaddling blanket and sleeping bag. It features a swaddling wing that fastens to the back with a wide band of Velcro for a secure, adjustable, ‘womb-like’ fit that doesn’t scratch the baby’s soft skin; and a zip for easy nappy changes without undressing the baby. Made from breathable, durable, machine washable Microfleece, Swaddleaze eases the transition from swaddler to sleeping bag. As there’s no need to buy two separate sleep products, it offers great value for money.

Swaddleaze provides warmth without worry by avoiding blankets falling off, twisting or bunching up around the baby, which could all be potential causes of sudden infant death syndrome. Swaddleaze also calms fussy babies and helps newborns sleep peacefully… so the parents can too!

Amazing Creations snapped up the distribution rights to Swaddleaze after its founder – Essex-based mum of four, Caroline Coughlan - used the product for her five month old baby when he was just four weeks old. Caroline was so impressed that she struck a deal with inventor, Heather Allard, to distribute Swaddleaze throughout Europe.

Caroline explains: “I swaddled all my children as babies but worried about them overheating or wriggling under the covers. Swaddleaze is the perfect way for babies to stay secure. As it gives comfort and peace of mind, I knew other parents would love it too. Swaddleaze is the ideal launch product for Amazing Creations and we plan to add other essential items to our catalogue soon.”

Swaddleaze has received rave reviews in America since its debut in 2004. As well as winning several awards from the likes of iParenting media and The Family Review Centre, the product has appeared on many news programmes and has been chosen as a “must have” item by Pregnancy, New Parent and Preemie magazines.

Available in sizes preemie (3-7lbs), newborn (8-17lbs) and infant (18-25lbs), and in colours white, yellow, blue and pink, Swaddeaze costs £22.95 plus £2.95 p&p. Amazing Creations is donating 1% of profits from the sales of Swaddleaze, and £5 from the sale of every limited edition red Swaddleaze to Little Havens Children’s Hospice (http://www.havenshospices.org.uk), Hadleigh, Essex.

Notes for editors
    Amazing Creations Limited is a distribution company based in Frinton on Sea, Essex. Established in March 2006, the company is run by husband and wife team, Neil and Caroline Coughlan, and distributes baby-related products to trade and wholesale channels throughout Europe.

For more information, please contact:
    Caroline Coughlan Phone: 05600 701610
    Alt phone: 01255 670058
    Email: [email protected]
    Site: www.amazingcreations.co.uk

- ENDS -

Posted: Mar 24, 2006 By: caroline Member since: Nov 29, 2005
  2. SillyJokes

SillyJokes UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4,501 598
    My mother groan'd my father wept.
    Into the dangerous world I lept:
    Helpless, naked, piping loud:
    Like a fiend hid in a cloud.

Struggling in my father's hands,
    Striving against my swadling bands,
    Bound and weary I thought best
    To sulk upon my mother's breast.

William Blake

your website looks more about affiliate marketing than selling your product though.

Posted: Mar 24, 2006 By: SillyJokes Member since: Jul 26, 2004
  3. caroline

220 0

4. SillyJokes

SillyJokes UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4,501 598
    what I meant was that the message about what it is you are offering on the site is very confused.

It appears to be offering something for the business woman, something for those trying for a baby and then there is a shop which sells baby bags.

I think you need to really identify which of the many messages you truly want to get across and concentrate on it.

at the moment it feels like one of those affiliate sites where they simply stick up a lot of banners in the hope someone will click on one and buy without any real direction to the site.

Good luck with your baby bags. Isn't it funny how times and information changes? When I had small babies baby bags were out, although many of my friends swore by them.

Posted: Mar 24, 2006 By: SillyJokes Member since: Jul 26, 2004
  5. caroline

220 0
    Thanks for explaining it, to be honest I wasn't really sure what you meant. I'd worked so hard designing the site, and was hoping for a few good wishes, so I kinda took your comments to heart! :wink:

We wanted the site to have an editorial feel to it, with an online shop. I also wanted it to be different to other baby product websites as there are so many of them.
    I also wanted to strongly support women in business, as all our products will be "mum invented". We hoped to add more pages in time for women inventors, and features about the women who invented both our products The Conception Curve and Swaddleaze.

I do understand what you mean now though, I do have some changes to make, to make the shopping section clearer, but we have two baby shows this weekend so I couldn't wait much longer to launch it. I will give the site a while to see how it goes and can always review it in time.

The sleeping bags are mini miracles, my little guy loves his! Thats his picture on the Swaddleaze page, lying on his tummy in his blue swaddle. They are doing really well in America and we are really excited about launching them here. :)

Regards,

Caroline

6. Ravenfire

Ravenfire UKBF Ace Free Member

1,224 8
    Hi Caroline

I like the look of your site, although not to sure about the baby cry, and I think the product is a really good one, just wish it had been around for mine!

Toni

Posted: Mar 24, 2006 By: Ravenfire Member since: May 18, 2005
  7. Jayne

Jayne UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,917 8
    I like you site Caroline, just had a nosey :D

Is that baby you are holding a real one this time, cute baby. I do get them mixed up with your dolls :lol: (Nice looking family)

Good luck with everything.

Jayne

Posted: Mar 24, 2006 By: Jayne Member since: Aug 6, 2005
  8. caroline

220 0
    Thanks so much ladies, I really appreciate it! I think sillyjokes does have a very valid point about the women in business piccy though, I may move it from the front page at least, and replace it with a picture of our swaddle.
    Did anyone get a chance to look at the Conception Curve pillow yet? I have to add a proper link to it, but its interesting to say the least! (try to imagine me explaining that one to my bank manager!) :wink: :wink:

Regards,

Caroline

9. Jayne

2,917 8
    It's pointless me looking, I don't have a clue when it comes to baby stuff. I've never had anything to do with babies :lol:

Jayne

10. caroline

220 0
    Ah Jayne, but the pillow is about making them, any experience there?! :wink: :wink:

11. Jayne

2,917 8
    No i'm too virginal, what is this making babies thing. Don't they crawl out of a bush :shock: :lol: :lol:

Jayne

12. Ravenfire

Ravenfire UKBF Ace Free Member

1,224 8
    Ive just been reading about the pillow. Is that for before, during of after Caroline :). Interesting idea!

For those that do struggle to conceive I am sure it would be very useful, although have to be honest, not something I would have ever bought to help me conceive!

I like the idea of it being used as a back support, I would definitely have used something like that. How much will it be selling for?

Toni

Posted: Mar 24, 2006 By: Ravenfire Member since: May 18, 2005
  13. Jayne

2,917 8
    Aye that pillow would be good for watching telly in bed :D

Just looked at those all in one blanket things for babies, they made me laugh. The babies looked like coloured slugs :lol: Good idea though!

Jayne

14. caroline

220 0
    Your posts made me chuckle, my little guy looks more like a caterpillar in his blanket, albeit a very cute & comfy one! :D
    The pillows are ready to sell now, just haven't had the chance to add them to the site yet. They retail at £40 each, but they are really large and quite hardy. You are meant to use them after the deed, and yep they do make great back rests! :) We got the foam made here in the UK but the covers had to be made in China as its an unusual type of covering. I'm hoping to do another press release in another couple of weeks regarding the pillows.

15. Jayne

2,917 8
    Well if they don't sell for you know what.. You can flog them as telly pillows :wink:

Jayne