Employment & HR Brought to you by HRZone

Am I worrying about nothing

Discussion in 'Employment & HR' started by Richardevans10012, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Richardevans10012

Richardevans10012 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Basically I failed to send a request for information for a customer and then got an email today reminded that the request for information is overdue and has to be in by the middle of next week. I sent it today to all departments, I apologised and asked them to send the information ASAP. If I fail to meet the deadline will my company get fined? it is to do with gdpr. A customer has requested all the information we hold

Posted: Oct 13, 2018 By: Richardevans10012 Member since: May 2, 2017
  2. Newchodge

Newchodge UKBF Big Shot Free Member

10,002 2,557
    First offence, recently introduced regulations and an ICO that has said they will use an initial light touch, so the chances are slim.

Posted: Oct 13, 2018 By: Newchodge Member since: Nov 8, 2012
  3. Gingerbreadmen

Gingerbreadmen UKBF Contributor Free Member

45 4
    Contact the customer and just say I thought it important to give you a little update we are on with getting your information however I am still waiting for confirmation from a couple of departments. As soon as you have the information it will be sent to you. If you need anything else please feel free to contact me.

Most people are pretty understanding if they are informed about any potential delays to their requests.

Posted: Oct 15, 2018 By: Gingerbreadmen Member since: Nov 28, 2017
  4. SteLacca

SteLacca UKBF Ace Free Member

1,004 186
    How much information is "All the information"? If, for example, such information would need to be sanitised to protect the identities of other third parties, then this is a valid reason for extending the deadline.

Posted: Oct 16, 2018 By: SteLacca Member since: Jun 16, 2016
  5. TotalWebSolutions

TotalWebSolutions UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

2,471 601
    Has the customer completed the relevant request forms?

Posted: Oct 16, 2018 By: TotalWebSolutions Member since: Sep 29, 2009