General Business Forum Brought to you by Salesforce

Affiliates

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Pet Nanny, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Pet Nanny

Pet Nanny UKBF Ace Full Member

1,234 88
    A while ago I posted that I was hoping to start making money from my Instagram account, since losing my business to Covid and opinions varied, but on the whole, I received a lot of negativity.

I am pleased to say that I am already working with some top pet brands on a paid basis, who are also offering a percentage of anything sold through my account. Is there anyone here who is doing affiliates since I am unsure how to do this!

I am currently on just under 6000 followers, so yet to receive the swipe up link. My new website is very much in its early stage. I now have a new wordpress, with the Devi installed but I have yet to work out how to find the themes to install!

I also plan on utilising my Pinterest account but need some guidance on how I can track anything sold. Can I just put the companies website link to the product in a blog post, or should I have one page dedicated to affiliates?

I am so new to this and want to ensure that I do it properly.

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 By: Pet Nanny Member since: May 4, 2007
  2. intheTRADE

intheTRADE UKBF Regular Free Member

334 111
    The companies and brands you are working with that have agreed for you to become an affiliate of theirs should be providing you with the affiliate links (unique to you) to place on your website, social media and blog posts - for example www.brandname.com/affiliate12

They should then provide you a physical daily, weekly or monthly report/login details to their affiliate dashboard detailing the number clicks and sales through your link.

I am not 100% on the legalities of affiliate marketing but I am pretty sure that you must disclose to your visitors and purchasers through your links that you are an affiliate and you will receive a commission, so bare that in mind.

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 By: intheTRADE Member since: Apr 14, 2019
  3. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

33,457 9,913
    Excellent. But how many of your followers are clicking on your affiliate links?
    Divi (sic) is a theme. One of the worst there is!

To add a different theme go to Appearance > Themes > Add New

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  4. Darren_Ssc

Darren_Ssc UKBF Ace Free Member

1,339 430
    Instead of using Instagram, Pinterest & Wordpress (I'll put money on you having a Facebook page too), just go for one and do your best with it. If you do get to a stage where you're making a reasonable amount of money then by all means broaden it out.

The problem with trying to cover everything is that your spread yourself very thin, don't really focus, don't get any traction, don't make any money and give up.

For my tuppence worth of opinion, don't build you business on the back of anyone else's platform. By all means use them but the potential of having the rug pulled from beneath you is a real one.

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 By: Darren_Ssc Member since: Mar 1, 2019
  5. Pet Nanny

1,234 88
    Yes they are, but I have no idea where to put them. Should it be on my website, within a blog post about their business?

6. Pet Nanny

1,234 88
    It is my Instagram account where the interest is coming from. I hate FB and have never really bothered with it that much. This is why I want to put affiliate links on my platform rather than theirs.

7. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

33,457 9,913
    You put the links wherever you get the most traffic. If you are getting a loads of people looking at your promotions on Instagram then just focus on that. Probably not worth doing WP until you know this is going to work.

You might not like Facebook but if that’s where the money is you need to overcome your dislike.

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  8. mattk

mattk UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,329 854
    Listen to the Smart Passive Income podcast. Start with the first episode. It is quite old but will take you through all the different ways to monitise your website, blog, social media accounts and so on.

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 By: mattk Member since: Dec 5, 2005