Advice Please

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Waldi, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

11,277 1,188
    Yes, only rich people in the Med area can be on such a diet.
    Here with people on much lower incomes, people will spend their money on ready meals, steaks, lobster, black pudding etc instead.

Diet is only a small fraction of the cause of some health issues.

Posted: Jan 10, 2019 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  2. Waldi

Waldi UKBF Newcomer Free Member

17 0
    This is the holy truth of what you say, but if you put in a search for the causes of some diseases in relation to food, you will be surprised how much it is. And for this you need to offer people a low-cost diet supplement to prevent it in some degree

Posted: Jan 10, 2019 By: Waldi Member since: Jan 9, 2019
  3. Gordon - Commercial Finance

Gordon - Commercial Finance UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

993 250
    Wrong.
    You need to get people to improve their diet and stop living a sedentary lifestyle.

If you really have found a supplement that prevents heart disease etc (you've not), then you will be a millionaire. As long as you have the evidence required to be able to advertise it of course...which you don't.

Posted: Jan 10, 2019 By: Gordon - Commercial Finance Member since: Jun 26, 2017
  4. billybob99

billybob99 UKBF Regular Free Member

573 99
    I take some vitamins.

Posted: Jan 10, 2019 By: billybob99 Member since: Apr 23, 2013
  5. Waldi

17 0
    The truth is that even if you know what is good and there are actually scientific publications on the subject, you can not say it officially on the leaflet, because, for example, it is not registered in the relevant register or is queued for approval about admission to trading in the EU and it has been this way for years. The lobby of pharmaceutical companies works so that they will not be officially listed at the latest. Fortunately, popular vegetables and fruits and extracts from them can not be claimed, even though they tried it. I had to deal with them so I know what I am saying, we have produced a diet supplement that disturbed them but they could not do anything because there was no information on the box and leaflet that it prevented some diseases only according to the law, the composition and advantages were specified.

6. Mr D

11,277 1,188
    The causes of diet problems are not financial. Time, ease of preparing food, access to items etc maybe - but not usually cost.

People already have access to tons of supplements through amazon, supermarkets, health food shops and multiple sites. What makes yours different than what is already on the market?

First you have to come up with the right packaging, then bring it to market and compete in a crowded marketplace for sales from those who want a supplement - not everyone wants or needs a supplement.

7. Mr D

11,277 1,188
    Yes, we have what is called advertising standards. You cannot claim what you cannot prove with medical science.
    Lots more goes into risks of some health problems than diet and realistically even the best food supplements won't make a difference if the rest of the diet is wrong.

8. Mr D

11,277 1,188
    The health police attacked fats, attacked salt, now attacking sugar and portion sizes. Ignoring rest of lifestyle.

9. Waldi

17 0
    What you're talking about, i.e. the box, the leaflets are already behind me and it worked only in another country, and for that I asked how it is done in the UK to introduce the supplement on the market.

10. Waldi

17 0
    Until you face the problem of pharmaceutical companies' actions in terms of placing something on the market, you will not know how it works. Despite the fact that medicine recommends diets there and there are confirmed scientific researches and that the components of this diet are ingredients that prevent some diseases, and there are no tablets in the form of a tablet is already a problem because if you want to do it will lay you logs under legs. But nothing is impossible and I can deal with this problem.

11. Mr D

11,277 1,188
    Or you could experience some of those problems directly.
    There's quite a bit of information about heart attacks by the medical profession, survivors, relatives etc.

Somehow I've more trust in the medical profession and the experts in the subject than someone trying to sell snake oil. Us Brits can be somewhat strange that way.

12. Mark T Jones

Mark T Jones UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

2,410 651
    Utter nonsense; and the excuse typically used by the lazy or unmotivated. Eating simply on fruit & veg based products (Mediterranean or not) is incredibly cheap and is the foundation of any good diet.

Having said that; diet isn't strictly the point here. It is proven time and time again that we as a nation (possibly as a species) are willing to buy into all manner of lotions and potions on the believe - explicit or otherwise - that they will make us slim/fit/healthy etc etc.

Your challenge will lie party in legislation / regulation, but moreso in placing your product in this highly competitive sector.

Posted: Jan 10, 2019 By: Mark T Jones Member since: Nov 4, 2015
  13. Waldi

17 0
    Yes, because I'm 50 years old and with me and a dangerous illness that I've already written about, I can tell you that. I had hypertension, cold hands and feet and very thick blood, immediately after completing the treatment I began to systematically take a dietary supplement, which just led to the fact that now I have blood pressure like from the book, warm hands and feet and blood more fluid, the doctor said I go to control every six months in connection with the illness I have undergone.

14. Lee Oakley

Lee Oakley UKBF Contributor Full Member

79 20
    I'm sorry but there is too much 'big pharma conspiracies' and 'the truth' for me in this thread and the whole thing just smacks of a con.

By all means enlighten us and post one of the product labels you say has been a success outside of the UK?

In the UK there is a market for food supplements and a Google search would point you right in the direction of the Food Standards Agency (https://www.food.gov.uk/business-guidance/food-supplements), so this whole thread just feels like a sales pitch.

It is interesting to note that you yourself say that you got (medical) treatment for hypertension but now seem to credit your text book blood pressure to your dietary supplement you took after the (medical) treatment?

Posted: Jan 10, 2019 By: Lee Oakley Member since: May 21, 2018
  15. Waldi

17 0
    Thank you very much for submitting the page, that's what I wanted.

16. Waldi

17 0
    Lee Oakley, I'm very sorry that you judge it that way, but you speak about things you have no idea about, and you call it a scam. Before you write something, look on the web and change your mind. And is vitamin D3 a scam?

17. Waldi

17 0
    I'm closing the topic.

18. billybob99

billybob99 UKBF Regular Free Member

573 99
    No its lovely stuff.

Posted: Jan 10, 2019 By: billybob99 Member since: Apr 23, 2013
  19. Noah

Noah UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

968 228
    Thank you.

Thank you.

Repeating above for emphasis; even if one accepts that a "Mediterranean diet" (or any other diet) confers health benefits, replacing key components of that diet with "supplements" is scientifically highly questionable.

Posted: Jan 10, 2019 By: Noah Member since: Sep 1, 2009
  20. Lee Oakley

Lee Oakley UKBF Contributor Full Member

79 20
    This is the first time you have even mentioned anything beyond vague and cryptic that can actually be responded to.

Your comment "is vitamin D3 a scam?" is nonsense and here is the distinction.

Vitamin D3, like water or air is one of those things thats kind of important for life, on this we can agree.

Vitamin D3 in itself isnt a scam but when someone comes along and tries to sell you Vitamin D3 (when you can buy it from any supermarket) but in doing so exaggerates its benefits beyond what is proven, then yes that is a scam, although the word I used was "con".

The reason we have labelling laws and advertising standards is to protect the consumer from baseless claims. Hence the skepticism from pretty much everyone on this thread.

And as for looking on the web to change my mind. I would take dozens of peer reviewed medical studies over what some random person claims (without a shred of evidence) on any website with the word 'truth' in the title.

Posted: Jan 10, 2019 By: Lee Oakley Member since: May 21, 2018