Advice Please

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Waldi, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Waldi

Waldi UKBF Newcomer Free Member

17 0
    Good morning,
    I would like to produce dietary supplements ideal for UK residents as well as entire northern Europe. I already have experience in this matter, but I do not know how to do it in the UK. I am asking for advice

Posted: Jan 9, 2019 By: Waldi Member since: Jan 9, 2019
  2. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

14,288 1,557
    Great.
    No idea what UK residents would need but go right ahead.

What particular aspect do you need help with? What is done where you have experience?

Posted: Jan 9, 2019 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  3. Waldi

17 0
    Chodzi o naturalne suplementy zawierające minerały i witaminy niezbędne dla ludzkiego organizmu, które nie są dostępne w codziennej diecie. Brałem udział w procesie tworzenia takich suplementów od pomysłu do konkretnej sprzedaży na rynkach międzynarodowych, ale było to w innym kraju i nie wiem, jak grać w Wielkiej Brytanii. Czy musisz zarejestrować takie środki, uzyskać pozwolenie na sprzedaż i czy można je rozprowadzać w zwykłym obrocie handlowym lub tylko w aptekach?

4. blueprinthub.co.uk

blueprinthub.co.uk UKBF Contributor Free Member

83 11
    We don't get enough sun here, so plenty of vit D3 would be appreciated!

Not a bad Summer in 2018, mind.

Posted: Jan 9, 2019 By: blueprinthub.co.uk Member since: Jun 5, 2018
  5. Waldi

17 0
    It's about natural supplements containing minerals and vitamins necessary for the human body, which are not available in the daily diet. I participated in the process of creating such supplements from an idea to a specific sale in international markets, but it was in another country and I do not know how to play it in the UK. Do you need to register such a means, obtain a sale permit and can it be distributed in normal trade or only through pharmacies?

6. alan1302

alan1302 UKBF Regular Free Member

372 75
    You can get everything the human body needs in your daily diet so interested to know what you want people to have.

Posted: Jan 9, 2019 By: alan1302 Member since: Jun 2, 2018
  7. Mr D

14,288 1,557
    If they are necessary but not available, why are people not dead?

Plenty of natural supplements are sold online and through normal shops. There are shops that pretty much devote themselves to supplements.

Are they medical or are they food supplements?

8. Mr D

14,288 1,557
    Yes, pretty much proven by people surviving in Britain for many millennia now.
    My mum's cooking isn't very good but was sufficient content to provide what my body needed growing up. Meat, veg, fruit, gravy / water.
    While we don't have the same variety of foods as our ancestors we do get pretty good selection of stuff in diet these days.

9. alan1302

372 75
    We have a greater variety of foods than our ancestors - we might not choose to vary what we eat but the choice is certainly there.

10. Root 66 Woodshop

Root 66 Woodshop UKBF Big Shot Free Member

4,721 1,268
    Your Mam's Gravy was like water?!! Just like my Mam's!! :p:D

My Mam was most probably the worst "cook" ever... so much so, she once tried to cook a whole chicken in the microwave... (When you couldn't even cook chicken in the microwave at the time!!) ... for Christmas... didn't go down too well, I'm sure it was actually still alive... she then decided to make Meat and Potato pie... crust was about 2" thick uncooked in the middle, burnt on the outsides... and the meat... well, what can I say... we use to joke that it was Shrew and Vole Pie for years... the meat was grey, bland and miniscule and the potato was like mush... there was no gravy in the pie, just dirty water... :(

Her sandwiches were not much better either... I'm glad I only had 15 years of her cooking! :D

Posted: Jan 9, 2019 By: Root 66 Woodshop Member since: Nov 22, 2011
  11. Waldi

17 0
    Mom's kitchen is always the best. It is about providing the existing diet with ingredients that are not available every day and provide health nowadays where more and more chemicals are added to food. Thanks to dietary supplements, you can prevent civilization diseases such as heart attack, stroke, obesity and many more. For example, in the southern hemisphere, people very rarely get heart attacks or strokes compared to the inhabitants of the Northern Hemisphere, thanks to the ingredients contained in their daily diet.

12. Root 66 Woodshop

4,721 1,268
    Can you provide proof of that Waldi?

13. Mr D

14,288 1,557
    My mum inspired me to become a good cook. I was baking much of the cakes in the house by age 10, was cooking main meals by age 14 during the week.

Mum used the microwave for fish fingers. I've never had bendy like rubber fish fingers before.

Her rock cakes …. were enough to chip teeth.

And at Christmas she'd spend a dozen hours cooking the turkey for 9 people. I spend an hour these days and mine tastes better. Bit of marinade or bit of herbs...

14. Waldi

17 0
    I will try to introduce myself tomorrow, today I have to go to the meeting.

15. Mr D

14,288 1,557
    That's the thing in the UK, if you claim something on a medical or food supplement you have to have evidence to back it up.
    Preventing heart attack? Preventing stroke? The medical profession won't back you up and you wont be able to claim that. We have standards in advertising and some take the view that playing on the fears of people is a bit sick.

16. Root 66 Woodshop

4,721 1,268
    OH my giddy Ant!!! Bendy fingers!! I use to love them!!

Bizarrely I cannot stand fish fingers now... not sure if it's because they're not bendy anymore... :D

I was lucky, my second job, the Director use to be a chef, he taught me a lot of different ways to cook... I do a mean Tikka and an awesome Korma even if I do say so myself ;)

I could never get the hang of cakes though... too much weighing and measuring for my head tbh :D

17. Newchodge

Newchodge UKBF Big Shot Free Member

11,920 3,091
    Why does everyone assume that mothers should be able to cook?

Posted: Jan 9, 2019 By: Newchodge Member since: Nov 8, 2012
  18. alan1302

372 75
    It's a useful skill for a mother to have .

19. STDFR33

STDFR33 UKBF Big Shot Free Member

3,767 929
    I think that Aunt Bessie has a lot to answer for.

Posted: Jan 9, 2019 By: STDFR33 Member since: Aug 7, 2016
  20. Mr D

14,288 1,557
    Handy skill for someone who either lives alone or looks after children.

Before I started training her while we were dating my wife could cook only basic stuff. Bung stuff in pressure cooker, heat up tinned meat etc. She learnt to bake from her mother as many kids used to.
    None of her previous boyfriends could cook either.