Advice for China

Discussion in 'International Business' started by JamHot1, Nov 30, 2018.

1. JamHot1

JamHot1 UKBF Newcomer Full Member

23 0
    Hi
    I am travelling to china. It is my first visit. Any advice for me to keep myself safe while learn as much about shopping there?

Posted: Nov 30, 2018 By: JamHot1 Member since: Sep 11, 2018
  2. Maple Sourcing

Maple Sourcing UKBF Regular Full Member

336 74
    Posted: Nov 30, 2018 By: Maple Sourcing Member since: Oct 8, 2012
  3. Taobao agent

Taobao agent UKBF Contributor Full Member

73 0
    So happy to reply you here, and i am so excited to answer this quesiton as a Chinese. Fristly, please forgive me my poor English.

I think your first stop must be Beijing, right? of course it is very safe, but you also need to keep your personal items good in the crowded. I think theft would happend in every country.

As for the shopping tips,
    firstly, some bargain is needed if not big stores.
    Go to "Liulihe" if you like traditional Chinese painting.
    Go to “xiushui” if you like Chinese silk, such as scarfs, QiPao
    More choices if you like Chinese food such as hotpot, rost duck, beijing snacks in huguosi store.

Secondly, you can search some related topics on reddit or quora. you can also PM me for detail.

Anyway, welcome to China~

Posted: Dec 11, 2018 By: Taobao agent Member since: Jul 23, 2018
  4. CHUKTC

CHUKTC UKBF Contributor Free Member

78 11
    Hi I really hope you enjoy China. On the whole it is a very safe country even late at night. However in crowded areas like any city there is a risk of pick pockets. In some cities there is a problem with bag snatching buy people on scooters - they tend to use sharp knives so don't argue with them its just not worth it. Many large cities like Guangzhou have put in place measures to stop this - they ban scooters from the city centre.
    Regarding shopping China is a very big place. Depending on what you are looking to buy there are some wonderful wholesale markets in most cities with vast arrays of wares to buy. The markets tend to be specific so there are tea markets, watch markets, bag markets etc. You will probably be best to get a taxi driver to take you there.
    Do your homework before you go and chose where you visit. For shopping Beijing is probably not the best place and commercial centres such as Guangzhou probably offer better opportunities for a business.

Posted: Jan 2, 2019 By: CHUKTC Member since: Jan 2, 2019
  5. China Contract Solver

China Contract Solver UKBF Newcomer Free Member

8 0
    I suggest the most effective way to learn how to ship is to try as much as possible to talk with the China manufacturers. You can choose to go to Yi Wu, which is located in Zhejiang Province. It is a very popular and famous retail market in China. One of my foreign friends, he went to Yiwu to talk with the manufactures and received a big welcome from them. Anyway, going there is a good choice for you. As for the safety problem, you do not need to worry much as China is very safe.

Posted: Jan 4, 2019 By: China Contract Solver Member since: Dec 28, 2018