Accounts Questions - A few!!

Discussion in 'Accounts & Finance' started by livingthedreamok, Feb 13, 2019.

1. paulears

paulears UKBF Big Shot Full Member

3,908 971
    Forgive me, but the initial post said the accounts were very simple and asked why an accountant was needed? Well - after the first few posts I was totally lost, so an accountant seems to be a sensible investment to me!

Posted: Feb 22, 2019 By: paulears Member since: Jan 7, 2015
  2. SteLacca

SteLacca UKBF Ace Free Member

1,395 271
    @paulears The reason I exited advice on this thread. I have more than 30 years experience of the accounting (and specifically tax) side, but the OP dismisses me in the first few posts (and goes on after I dismissed myself to cast aspersions)

Personally, I now think that the OP should do what he/she wants and face the consequences. I'm not paid to be here, so it's not my problem.

And if he/she turned up as a client, they would be turned away. I'd rather they were someone else's problem.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    Posted: Feb 22, 2019 By: SteLacca Member since: Jun 16, 2016
  3. SteLacca

1,395 271
    I guess someone should hope I don't read this whilst I am at work. MLR regulations would, in those circumstances, require me to make a report.

Posted: Feb 22, 2019 By: SteLacca Member since: Jun 16, 2016
  4. paulears

3,908 971
    I really wouldn't take it personally. Many new members sign up to essentially get answers that say "Yes, you are completely correct - go ahead". They've already made up their minds about a direction, and expect agreement. When they don't get it, they puff out their chests and spend time telling the better qualified and experienced people they're wrong. They didn't really want advice, they wanted a preset course of action bolstered, because they're not quite 100% certain - a few slapped backs from experienced people confirm it, then they leave the forum never to return. You see new members on loads of forums do exactly this, over and over again - getting miffed with people who genuinely try to help.

Posted: Feb 23, 2019 By: paulears Member since: Jan 7, 2015
  5. SteLacca

1,395 271
    I believe the youngsters these days call it "flouncing"

Posted: Feb 23, 2019 By: SteLacca Member since: Jun 16, 2016
  6. paulears

3,908 971
    Ah - shame politeness has fallen by the wayside!

Posted: Feb 23, 2019 By: paulears Member since: Jan 7, 2015