A tricky situation,,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chefslot

Free Member
Sep 10, 2018
A few years ago a work colleague and I got a bit to close. To start of with I didn't want anything to do with her in that sense as she was a married women, I was single, she was quite attractive and as much as I said no she kept on and on. Well I eventually gave in under peer pressure and as much as I hated myself for it, the other half of me thought 'well it suits everyone'.

I work in the care industry and due to safe guarding we obviously cant work together, then one day she brought a load of furniture in with her hubby, and that big 'Moral flag' waved around my head. So I done the right thing this time and ended it. She didn't understand that now I had met him it was a bit of a game changer, she has constantly, not begged, but has made things available on a plate so to speak since.

Now she might be coming back as a ASM, my ASM. Which given how she had a 'loss of face' and didn't like the fact i had ended it, I kind of get the feeling this isn't going to be nice.

Now I don't want this to be a 'Dear Deirdre' post, and crack out as many jokes as you feel free to do so, it is quite a comical situation. Only a few months ago I put in for flexible working contract when my Service Manager said not to worry she will honour my working hours. Yet if I mention this to my SM that we can't work together and they move me, will I still be entitled to the flexible working agreement we had?

Newchodge

Business Member
Nov 8, 2012
Newcastle
I would suggest that you speak to her boss ASAP. Come clean, but explain your own position, not hers. Explain that you are concerned that it will be difficult to work with her as your ASM and ask for options.

Or do nothing and hope for the best.

I am not sure what you mean about honouring your working hours. Are you getting paid for hours you don't work?

Upvote 0

Chefslot

Free Member
Sep 10, 2018
I am not sure what you mean about honouring your working hours. Are you getting paid for hours you don't work?

No, as in I was going to apply for flexible working hours, have every Monday and Tuesday off due to childcare. She said not to worry about it she will make sure i have every Monday and Tuesday off without going through the policies.
Regards

Upvote 0

Mr D

Free Member
Feb 12, 2017
Stirling
No, as in I was going to apply for flexible working hours, have every Monday and Tuesday off due to childcare. She said not to worry about it she will make sure i have every Monday and Tuesday off without going through the policies.
Regards

And if she does not or if she leaves or goes long term sick and someone else does her job you have nothing?

Reactions: Chefslot
Upvote 0

Mr D

Free Member
Feb 12, 2017
Stirling
Surely if a manager has honoured it then they have to follow suit? Maybe I need to get this in writing. Thanks

Don't bet on things just because someone else informally allowed something to happen. And new manager may not have any way to check.

If the business doesn't know about the arrangement then don't expect the business to stick to it.

Reactions: Chefslot
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Subscribe to our newsletters

ukbf logo
ukbf logo

Real community whatever your business.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu