A temporary role legally entitled the paid annual holiday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

enjoylife

Free Member
Apr 7, 2011
UK
Can I ask for some advice please on whether it's compulsory for a temporary role to have paid holiday? I understand the company isn't obliged to pay during absence due to sickness but I want to know about the annual holiday? Anybody can give comment?

I am thinking to hire a new person to help my business. The job is based on temporary contract and my company will pay her £8 per hour. Now this candidate asked me whether my company should pay her annual holiday. My thinking is that based on the government’s law(and the contract) I just need pay the time she works with me, is it correct?

ethical PR

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
London
My thinking is that based on the government’s law(and the contract) I just need pay the time she works with me, is it correct?

Where under government employment legislation does it state you don't have to pay someone holiday pay?

They would also be eligible for statutory sick pay.

Have a read up on the employment section on the .gov.uk site and ACAS

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Subscribe to our newsletters

ukbf logo
ukbf logo

Real community whatever your business.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu