A must read - GROW your own Carrot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris, you never got back to me. These forums are far more valuable if we debate issues and challenge one another. I submit that hard work and the constant pursuit of improvement are more important to business success than self-congratulation for achieving short-term goals. Indeed, the word 'obsession' fits many successful entrepreneurs to a tee.

By the way, why are your posts in a different font from the rest of us? Do you and the OP use a Mac instead of a PC or something?!

Upvote 0
Have to state that I agree with you Steve, in that I too don't take time out to congratulate myself, as when I achieve one goal there is another waiting to be achieved that means just as much as the first. I have overcome some horrid health issues and am still facing some uphill struggles yet don't even stop when I get good news. To stop and celebrate means loosing momentum and sight of things to attain, so yes I drive myself without fail, hence me sitting on a Sunday morning working with the kids peacefully esconsed elsewhere. I have learnt that time is a valuable thing and you can't get it back, once its passed its passed, therefore make and do with it something valuable and to me thats giving 110% and not stopping to celebrate.

Upvote 0
Chris, you never got back to me. These forums are far more valuable if we debate issues and challenge one another. I submit that hard work and the constant pursuit of improvement are more important to business success than self-congratulation for achieving short-term goals. Indeed, the word 'obsession' fits many successful entrepreneurs to a tee.

I understand totally where you are coming from Steve and it clearly works for you so nothing more to be said.

Chris Kaday

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Subscribe to our newsletters

Real community whatever your business.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu