Manchester
Hi UKBF,

First of all thanks to Chris Kaday for the free
copy of his book Grow Your Own Carrot.

I have to say I am well into self development books so
when Chris was offering this book for free on this forum
I quickly snapped up the chance.

It took a week or two before I could give the book the time that i
anticipated it deserved and how right I was.

Out of all the books I have read this one has caused the most eye
opening and thought provoking action.

The book starts with a back ground on the GROW process.

Goal, Reality, Obstacles, Options and Way Forward.

Goal - I defined a goal that I want to achieve and set a commitment and date
to achieve these goals.

Reality Check - this gave me a starting point to achieve my goal
and made me aware of the steps that I would need to accomplish my goal.

Obstacles – this was a truly amazing insight! I realised what was stopping me and what was getting in the way.

Options – having established what was stopping me this showed me how to deal
with my obstacles and start making the progress I needed immediately!
(with one of my obstacles I had over 25 options when following Chris’ ways).

Way Forward – convert your options into action steps.

Although I am still achieving my Goal that I set I feel stronger and more able
to make better decisions and know what truly has been stopping me and the ways
that I can overcome most if not all the obstacles that are thrown my way.

It isn’t easy and a lot of work needs to be done to lay the foundations but I have no doubt that I can achieve what I set out to do now.

I highly recommend this book.

I hope Chris can make this into a seminar or course and I will be asking most of
my business clients to get a copy.

Kind Regards
Stephen Doyle

www.ccuk-ltd.com

Killer Copy Writing
Super Human Sales Training
Direct Marketing

You are very kind Stephen

Yes I have run goal getting seminars with excellent results and would do some more if I can get a few people interested - any takers? I will also be covering some of this material in my TrustNetworkers presentation in London at the end of this month.

I notice no one commented on your excellent summary. Has no one in here got any goals still to achieve? Surely not?

OK to tempt you I have put 5 books on the corner of my desk tonight ready to send out to the first 5 people who write stating the goal they will go for if they get a free copy of the book. I will even help you achieve your goal as you work through the book. My only request is that you post a comment on the book (hopefully positive) on Amazon.

Regards to all

Chris Kaday

Upvote 0
More goals than you can shake a stick at Chris ;)

Wednesday I'll know if we are on step one to launching the NW only tree hire nursery.

Thursday we'll be the proud owners of a completely unique business - operating in the key stage 1 PHSE field, a damn fine project I'm looking forward to operating throughout the UK.

The list goes on and on. And yes make that 4 books on the corner of your desk, it sounds excellent.

Upvote 0

SarahR

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Uk
Well my business goal is:

I recently won a tender for a Local Council for outsourcing of marketing for a specific "part" of the council. My Goal by October 2008 or before is to mirror the services I am providing and offer them to each Local & County Council through out the UK. My goal is to gain a contract for at least 50% by October 2008.

Sarah

Upvote 0
Well my business goal is:

I recently won a tender for a Local Council for outsourcing of marketing for a specific "part" of the council. My Goal by October 2008 or before is to mirror the services I am providing and offer them to each Local & County Council through out the UK. My goal is to gain a contract for at least 50% by October 2008.

Sarah

Great Sarah

Thank you for your goal post (goal post get it he he - oh never mind!)

Grow your own carrot motivate yourself to success is on its way to you today. You will find the first chapters will enable you to clarify your goal still further.

Well done

Chris Kaday

Upvote 0
I recently had interest from another company to sell my services to be like a affiliate member. I am now going to contact other companies related to mine and ask them to be like affiliate partners. My goal, to have many businesses on board selling my product to there client base, earning them extra income as well as promoting and helping my business grow.

Gary

Upvote 0

lockie

Free Member
May 4, 2007
My goal is to expand the business and get at least a couple more vans out on the road within two years time.In that time i need increase turnover and gain more business to business work.At present im flat out but seem to have little time to organise going down the employment route.

Your book sounds like a good read and another to add to my future read list.

Upvote 0

boho

Free Member
Oct 16, 2006
www.bohofashionjewellery.co.uk
My goal is to get my own jewellery brand launched (by at the very latest new year) and to get it out there and under the noses of the media. Also to grow all of my current businesses to the next stage (and to thoroughly plan out what this will entail for each of them) and for them to double their turnover again next year as they have this year.

Upvote 0
I recently had interest from another company to sell my services to be like a affiliate member. I am now going to contact other companies related to mine and ask them to be like affiliate partners. My goal, to have many businesses on board selling my product to there client base, earning them extra income as well as promoting and helping my business grow.

Gary
Great post Gary as you have given me an excellent opportunity to invite you and others to be more precise about your goals. The clearer your Goal is quantified in time, amount, size etc the more likely you are to get there. So read your post again and consider your phrases:
Have many businesses on board – how many? what size?
Selling my product – how much of what products?
Earning extra income – how much extra in pounds?
Helping my business grow – to what?
Finally by when is all this to happen? What is the timescale for this goal?

If you think it is not possible to set clear goals as too much is unknown look at Kennedy’s goal to put a man on the moon. It was very clear and he set a timescale.

Chris Kaday

Upvote 0
Sorry Richard your book is still on my desk. These appear to be a list of things already achieved not a well formed goal with a specific timescale in the future. Still time to have another go. By the way folks they do not have to be business goals.

Kind regards

Chris

Lots of other carrots waiting to be eaten you spoilsport, just don't have the time to get to the trough in order to work out how and when to start eating ;)

Upvote 0
OK Lockie here is some input

With short term goals you can maintain focus far easier so you are morel likely to cahieve them than long term ones. So rather than next two years what about the next three or six months?
At least is imprecise. You never know when you have achieved an at least or between or around Goal. Lots more about this in the book
As far as increase turnover and gain more business to business this needs defining too. If you do not want to put figures out in public then PM me
That book is almost in the post but not quite.

Regards

Chris Kaday

My goal is to expand the business and get at least a couple more vans out on the road within two years time.In that time i need increase turnover and gain more business to business work.At present im flat out but seem to have little time to organise going down the employment route.

Your book sounds like a good read and another to add to my future read list.

Upvote 0
Lots of other carrots waiting to be eaten you spoilsport, just don't have the time to get to the trough in order to work out how and when to start eating ;)

No worries Richard your decision.

Just maybe you would achieve more by being more goals focused but it does not work for all. No point in sending you a free book worth £6 in the shops if the premise on which it is written does not appeal to you. We all have enough of them on the shelf eh?

Good luck

Chris Kaday

Upvote 0
Sounds like having those plans written up would be a good short term Goal Boho. A book will be on the way to help you do this if you pm where to send it to.

Chris Kaday

My goal is to get my own jewellery brand launched (by at the very latest new year) and to get it out there and under the noses of the media. Also to grow all of my current businesses to the next stage (and to thoroughly plan out what this will entail for each of them) and for them to double their turnover again next year as they have this year.

Upvote 0
Just maybe you would achieve more by being more goals focused but it does not work for all. No point in sending you a free book worth £6 in the shops if the premise on which it is written does not appeal to you. We all have enough of them on the shelf eh?

Good luck

Chris Kaday

To be honest I don't think my problem is going to be "being goal focused", more along the lines of time management - 4 of the businesses are interlinked, e.g. hortic based. The key stage 1 project relates to none of the others, however, I can see a related spin off ;) :)

None the less thanks for wishing me luck.

Upvote 0
On the whole, I think I'm pretty good about setting and achieving goals (but don't we all?). The key, of course, is making sure we choose the right goals, that they are consistent with our strategy, that they are achievable in the short term, and so on. As a company, we also have a couple of BHAGs (as per Collins' definition).

I have a very specific goal right now: To sign up five referenceable customers to our system by the end of this calendar year. We are close to winning three; the challenge will be winning the final two.

Upvote 0
To be honest I don't think my problem is going to be "being goal focused", more along the lines of time management - 4 of the businesses are interlinked, e.g. hortic based. The key stage 1 project relates to none of the others, however, I can see a related spin off

No worries - the goals do not have to be business focused. In the book you will see that the test team we used had a multitude of goals including weight loss, better organization, clearing out their house clutter, meeting more friends, changing job and so on. Your goal could be improving my time management although of course it has to have a clear definable outcome which is measurable.

My intuition tells me that one goal could be to reduce your number of businesses but that is a only a hunch.

Chris Kaday

Upvote 0

jamie850

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Edinburgh
Hi,
Thanks for the chance to get a copy of your book for free. I always like to read others books as its good to get someone else’s perspective on something. Especially if it is different from your own as that’s when growth happens and new ideas and understanding created.
Ok I hope its clear enough….

My goal is to have the city centre cafe re-launched by 1st Dec. To commit to a marketing campaign, to raise the brand and shop location. With increased foot traffic through the door, increased staff motivation, improved stock presentation including cross-promotion at point of sale and increased outside catering to increase the cafe's turnover by 1/3 over a 6 month period.:cool:

Jamie

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Subscribe to our newsletters

ukbf logo
ukbf logo

Real community whatever your business.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu