1 company, 2 different businesses

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by D.G Holdings and Procurement, Aug 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D.G Holdings and Procurement

D.G Holdings and Procurement UKBF Newcomer Free Member

56 3
    Hi All,

As the title suggests is it legal and possible to have 1 registered company but have 2 subsidiary business operating at the same time?

I have my current business and i am wanting to branch out into another area. I will need a new website as the current one i have will not be suitable for the audience i am trying to attract.

Is it okay for me to operate the 2 online stores under the same company?

Any help and advice appreciated.

Thanks

Posted: Aug 19, 2011 By: D.G Holdings and Procurement Member since: May 15, 2011
  2. Poppy Design

Poppy Design UKBF Enthusiast Full Member

857 81
    Are you a Ltd company?

If so I think you can have different websites running under 1 Ltd company if you state "trading under" ...the company name. Obviously both sales income would be treated as one.

I am sure some legal eagle on here can confirm the options or even your accountant would help you with that.

Posted: Aug 19, 2011 By: Poppy Design Member since: Mar 30, 2006
  3. D.G Holdings and Procurement

D.G Holdings and Procurement UKBF Newcomer Free Member

56 3
    Yes we are a limited company. I will be ensuring that the new website will be endorsed with the fact that it is a subsidiary of my company and provide the registered details.

I just wanted to know if it was okay to do so and then i can go ahead and get cracking.

Posted: Aug 19, 2011 By: D.G Holdings and Procurement Member since: May 15, 2011
  4. MASSEY

MASSEY UKBF Legend Full Member

10,328 1,783
    Yes it is ok to have two subsidiaries of a ltd biz.

Posted: Aug 19, 2011 By: MASSEY Member since: Nov 29, 2009
  5. matt4

matt4 UKBF Contributor Free Member

50 0
    Yes, trading under is what you'd need to use. We run 2 subsidiaries out of one limited company.

Posted: Aug 20, 2011 By: matt4 Member since: Jun 3, 2007
  6. eshopsys

eshopsys UKBF Newcomer Full Member

34 5
    We too have two businesses (software vs. wholesale) and 4 trading names :D, but decided to split the wholesale business out from the company to make the accounting clearer. 2-in-1 can be confusing when people ask you what you do (especially when the business nature is very much different)!

Posted: Aug 20, 2011 By: eshopsys Member since: Sep 28, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.