Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, make sure to follow us on Twitter! Say hi and we'll be sure to follow back!

Working from Home

Discussion in 'Northern Ireland' started by Kenbocbr, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Kenbocbr

Kenbocbr UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi I am 56 year old male and am presently employed but my contract is due to end an the middle of November and I need to setup something to keep me going. At 56 I don't think its going to be that simple for me to get employment so working from home would be of interest to me. Any ideas would be gratefully accepted.
    Regards
    Kenny

Posted: Oct 24, 2013 By: Kenbocbr Member since: Oct 19, 2013
  2. Paul_Rosser

Paul_Rosser UKBF Big Shot Full Member - Verified Business

Need a lot more info than that Kenny.

What line of work are you in? How much are you looking to get paid? etc.

Posted: Oct 25, 2013 By: Paul_Rosser Member since: Jul 5, 2012
  3. Kenbocbr

Hi Paul

Many thanks for getting back to me, I have been a van driver for the past 2 years delivering medical records for the NHSCT, and my contract is due to run out due to lack of funds in the NHS, I have been in the Transport industry most of my working life but unfortunately the years haven't been good to my old body and I now have back problems leaving me unable to do the manual required by the majority of employers. I have an ebay account which I use regularly and have used to buy and sell for over 6 years and I would hope to be able to develop something along those lines maybe going to auctions buying selling etc. but I'm open to anything at the minute, I also repair laptops and desktops but that has slowed down a lot and that's why I'm trying to get into something else. I was hoping to make in the region of £1000 a month but things aren't that bad just yet as my wife has a good job and I have a few hundred quid a month coming in form a couple of personal pension schemes I set up in my youth, so If you can help it would be greatly appreciated.
    Regards
    Kenny

Posted: Oct 25, 2013 By: Kenbocbr Member since: Oct 19, 2013
  4. Merchant UK

Merchant UK UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

Hi Kenny,

Sorry to hear of your predicament, You seem to enjoy driving? How about a job as a taxi driver, you can do a variety of hours and there's not a lot of lifting, and you don't often get a job where you can sit down all day.

Posted: Oct 25, 2013 By: Merchant UK Member since: Aug 15, 2010
  5. Kenbocbr

Thanks I'll look into that

Posted: Oct 26, 2013 By: Kenbocbr Member since: Oct 19, 2013
  6. SmilePrint

SmilePrint UKBF Regular Free Member

Hi Kenny,

did you progress along any particular line?

How's the monthly target coming along?

Brendan

Posted: Mar 17, 2014 By: SmilePrint Member since: Jan 20, 2009